Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Uh, huh, huh, huh...Beavis and butthead

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This thread made me go back and look at music videos. My fave Cannibal Corpse song was on here before haha

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    This thread made me go back and look at music videos. My fave Cannibal Corpse song was on here before haha

Reminded me of this one where they watch a Ministry video. Best quality I could find:

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i remember them watching the video for "sugar walls" by sheena easton, and this line would wake me up in giggles for years to come: "she looks like a chick you'd see hanging out in kmart."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Are these the Black Crowes?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love that clip. Especially of the 2 dancing to the Bee Gees and thinking they saw them open for White Zombie. I also love this clip because of....

Doing my monkey boy!!!!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I love the occasions where Beavis gets overexcited and either starts rambling or doing awful stuff off camera. It verges on adorable, somehow.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I love the occasions where Beavis gets overexcited and either starts rambling or doing awful stuff off camera. It verges on adorable, somehow.
    Totally. I remember one Xmas special where Butthead read some fan letters and it was women wanting Beavis.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Thank you, Jesus!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Interesting. Beavis and Butt-head as parents? I feel like this could go either way, but I have faith in Mike Judge. I wonder if they'll be old and look like their fathers from Do America. If it remember right, Mike had at one point discussed how he might be interested in revisiting them as adults, but this is the first time the idea of them being parents has been brought up (to my knowledge).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa! So they finally did score? Uh huh huh huh...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I feel like this could go either way, but I have faith in Mike Judge.
    This. I was stoked when they brought them back in 2011 albeit for a short time only so it's good to hear they are coming back again. I feel a return once a decade for a couple of seasons is a nice touch although I'll always happily watch Beavis & Butthead. I'd like to see where this goes!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    In two years B&B will be 30 years old.

That makes me feel old, that the 90's are so far removed from today.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Except the funniest parts of B&B was them watching music videos.

Maybe they’ll watch something else, now?

Them working at the burger joint wasn’t very funny. It wasn’t until Cornholio arrived that it got really funny (outside of the music vids).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

Them working at the burger joint wasn’t very funny. It wasn’t until Cornholio arrived that it got really funny (outside of the music vids).
    Some fresh impressions as I'm actually watching the whole original series (with music videos) right now.
    (Started around New Year and watch a couple of episodes a day on average). Currently at the beginning of season 6, that is 145 episodes in.

In the first 145 (!) episodes (out of 200 total) Cornholio only appears three times, including Halloween special. I guess he was used as a cop out later more often as writers run out of ideas? I dunno.
    I find that the music videos segments went down in quality faster than the stories did. At this point where I'm at, they often don't even say two words about the vidoe, just blurbing out random nonsense. It's been long since they rocked out to anything as they do with ACDC and stuff like that. And boy, was there a lot of shit music on MTV, if B&B repertoire is any indication. So many copycat grunge bands. So many one-mediocre-hit-wonders.

My favorite stories are Mr Anderson ones, closely followed by Coach Buzzcut
    Last edited by fillow; 07-02-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think in around 1995, when MTV vids were replaced by Real World and Beach House, Cornholio appeared more, but I think the stories got a lot funnier than the vids by that point. I totally agree that Cornholio appeared because they’d run out of ideas..
    Last edited by allegro; 07-09-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

Them watching Danzig had me in stitches as a kid

Edit: In hindsight, I'm not really sure why I thought this was so funny as kid.
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 07-08-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Edit: In hindsight, I'm not really sure why I thought this was so funny as kid.
    Yeah, hindsight is like that, LOL.

WHAT THE FUCK with that video?!?!?!??

A LOT of B&B would not pass the muster of current culture, that’s for sure. In hindsight, lots of their stuff pushed the envelope of overly macho stuff, perhaps a little homophobic with the whole “woos” business every two seconds. But, that was also music culture at the time.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-09-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Despite all of that, though, they were never particularly glorified for it. It's not like their personalities didn't come without a multitude of misfortunes. Getting beat up by Todd, never "scoring", multiple instances of bodily harm, etc. Mike Judge is really good at writing types of people. Look at how Idiocracy depicted a future overrun with machismo ignoramuses.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "Prank Call" with Harry Sachs is not only the greatest B&B, it's one of the funniest things ever in the history of comedy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    i need moreeeeee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That chick has small boobs, referring to Michael Stipe. LOL

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    On Ebay I bought The King Turd Collection--Every episode, uncut, with the all videos included. Bootleg, of course.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    On Ebay I bought The King Turd Collection--Every episode, uncut, with the all videos included. Bootleg, of course.
    I've got that too! Burned them all to DVD from a torrent ages ago and downloaded and printed the album artwork too. This shit keeps me sane.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I've got that too! Burned them all to DVD from a torrent ages ago and downloaded and printed the album artwork too. This shit keeps me sane.
    It is much better than the Mike Judge Collection. Even the bad episodes are still fun and watchable, and the Mike Judge Collection has some edits. Great to watch the show the way that I remember.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I hope they'll remaster or completely re-animate the couch/music videos sequences for 2021 show. I'm currently watching the season from 2011 and I'm completely baffled that they were too lazy to redo the couch animations. It's like a week's worth of work for a couple of interns, but instead they just reused bits from original 1990s show, very poorly upscaled (while all the new stories were drawn in glorious Full HD)

edit:
    Just realized there's likely no music videos in the new series since it's not on MTV. Complaint still valid though.
    Last edited by fillow; 01-04-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I hope they'll remaster or completely re-animate the couch/music videos sequences for 2021 show. I'm currently watching the season from 2011 and I'm completely baffled that they were too lazy to redo the couch animations. It's like a week's worth of work for a couple of interns, but instead they just reused bits from original 1990s show, very poorly upscaled (while all the new stories were drawn in glorious Full HD)

edit:
    Just realized there's likely no music videos in the new series since it's not on MTV. Complaint still valid though.
    I'm kind of glad that Judge pretty much picked up where he left off in 1997, with some minor updates, like cell phones (if I remember correctly). It was current enough that kids in 2011 could enjoy it, but old-school fans would get the show that they remember.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-05-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)