...I have only one episode to watch left, the final one. :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    ...I have only one episode to watch left, the final one. :-(
    It's a good one, of course.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Stranger Things and Westworld are very good, but THIS was the best TV thing 2016. How come I haven't heard of it before, where am I living, who am I surrounded by, that they don't know? :-)

The final episode, I sorta hoped that... the thing had its own consciousness and no-one is controlling it, but still very good.

From all 13 episodes, I think "White Christmas" was the best one for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is great.
    Trump=Waldo

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Brooker is presenting the satirical news quiz have I got news for you tomorrow, in case any of you want his take on the election. Should be on about 9/10pm GMT and then available on bbc iPlayer shortly afterwards, and I imagine on YouTube fairly quickly after that

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So Max Richter's score for Season Episode 1 "Nosedive" was released last month along with Geoff Barrow and Ben Salisbury's "Men Against Fire" episode.

Next month, Clint Mansell's "San Junipero" episode score gets release!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I finished season 3 yesterday. Good God, that was probably the best television I have seen all year (it's a tossup between this and the new season of "Transparent," I think this might have a slight edge). I don't get all the people who didn't enjoy "Hated in the Nation" all that much, it was my second favorite episode of the season, just behind "San Junipero." I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Absolutely brilliant.

"Men Against Fire" was the only episode I thought was less than great, and even then it was still good. Not a single bad episode all season. I'm really glad my sister convinced me to give this season a chance, considering I had written off the show after not being very impressed with the first two seasons. I am officially a fan and I cannot WAIT for season four.

Also, going to try to watch "White Christmas" tomorrow. It's the only one I haven't seen yet. I've heard amazing things about it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Finally started on season 3. I watched the first season when it aired (as you can all see on the first page of this thread) and then fell off until the resurrection of the show and watched season 2 last month. "Nosedive" is an amazing satire on so many things: social media, relationships with your past, UK/Irish perceptions of American culture. Well done, Charlie.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I *just* finished rewatching the "White Christmas" special, and I had tears in my eyes, again. As I wrote here before "From all 13 episodes, I think "White Christmas" was the best one for me." I am doing "the best of 2016" on my Facebook wall, and Black Mirror won the best series. :-)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    San Junipero has destroyed my emotions.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    San Junipero has destroyed my emotions.
    Holy shit, you weren't kidding. Might be my favorite episode of the show even though I haven't finished them all yet.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Personal ranking of season 3:

San Junipero (by far)
    Hated in the Nation
    Nosedive/Shut Up and Dance (tied)
    Playtest
    Men Against Fire

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Not sure why Abi would want to give herself away for something like that, but it was neat to see how the whole thing wrapped up with Bing's performance.
    I thought Abi's situation was a depiction of people literally whoring themselves for reality TV fame, which was rampant on TV when the episode was made and particularly on those British "talent" shows, like X Factor and all that. The acting for Bing at the end is amazing, but it was literally just Charlie Brooker taking the end of that Network movie and putting it in his own words (he's admitted this himself). Oh, and episode 3 is pretty good. I didn't like it at the time, but on this rewatch I found myself liking it a lot more.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Personal ranking of season 3:

San Junipero (by far)
    Hated in the Nation
    Nosedive/Shut Up and Dance (tied)
    Playtest
    Men Against Fire
    Yes! Someone else who likes "Hated in the Nation" as much as I did! I haven't talked to too many people who liked that episode but I absolutely loved it.

My ranking for S3:

San Junipero
    Hated in the Nation
    Playtest
    Nosedive
    Shut Up and Dance
    Men Against Fire

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^ "The Entire History of You (S01E03)", yes that's also a good one. Could be name for some NIN project. :-)

And this is not the last time that infidelity appears in Black Mirror. Pure fiction. ;-)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    sweet zombie jesus.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    DECEMBER 29th

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yes

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Still in time for the best of 2017 for us not rushing it! :-) This year - TWIN PEAKS vs. BLACK MIRROR. Who will win? :-)

Udpate 20171227: Season 4 in two days, ready? Good! :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 12-27-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    USS Callister: 4/5, some funny quotes and looks there, we've also seen similar topic before, but still very good.

Next episode tomorrow, BLACK MIRROR deserves some time, but yes it's hard to stop. :-)

Also, after this I'll stop Netflix, there's not much more I want to see, but I'll keep Amazon Prime.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed Metalhead.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Two interesting tidbits for me from ending credits, episode 2 directed by Jodie Foster (where we've seen her before, House of Cards right?), and episode 3 (okay okay, I took two today, but with very long break! smile) music by Atticus Ross and somebody and somebody. :-)

Also, the final bad thing in episode 3, no no no no no... ;-(
    Last edited by Substance242; 12-30-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That Aaron Paul cameo was perfect, especially because they didn’t go for the cheap laugh/thrill by having him say “bitch.”

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Episode 4, 99.8 percent - wow, 10/10 immediately. Amazing.

Update: I had to watch it again. Not sure if this happened to me before with any series.
    Last edited by Substance242; 12-31-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    That Aaron Paul cameo was perfect, especially because they didn’t go for the cheap laugh/thrill by having him say “bitch.”
    LOL, that was him, wasn't it?!?! I said to my girl, I think that was Aaron Paul's voice.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Episode 4, 99.8 percent - wow, 10/10 immediately. Amazing.

Update: I had to watch it again. Not sure if this happened to me before with any series.
    Everyone in that episode was wonderful. Been loving Joe Cole in Peaky Blinders. Was really nice to see him in this. He really broke my heart.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So did Karl Pilkington write “Black Museum”?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    S04E05, Metalhead (dogs) - I was expecting some flashback like it started with reeeally cute toys and maybe hack or something, but here I am thinking about it, so why would I need some explanation, me not stupid, right? So all good, tomorrow the last episode.