Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannibal

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hannibal

I searched and searched and didn't see a thread for this, but the new trailer most definitely caught my eye:

Pretty excited to watch this now. Looks much darker and more violent than I anticipated.
    Love Mads Mikkelsen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Hannibal

It seems that it might be ok. But this is nbc, even if it's really good it might end up in the trash sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The pilot was really really good. Fingers crossed they don't screw this up. This is where I'd say that it'll be bulletproof if it's a ratings hit, but they just fired Jay Leno so who knows.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by substanceabuse View Post
    I searched and searched and didn't see a thread for this, but the new trailer most definitely caught my eye:

Pretty excited to watch this now. Looks much darker and more violent than I anticipated.
    Love Mads Mikkelsen.
    Woah, hadn't even heard of this yet, it could be quite good. It's been an up and down franchise, starting, I think, with "Manhunter", from '86.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed this. This version of Will is much closer to how I imagined him when I read Red Dragon years and years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The writing on this was pretty average but there is electric sexual chemistry between Dancy and Mikkelsen which could really turn the series into something great.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Well that's a pretty jaded attitude. It's a new show, give it a shot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Well that's a pretty jaded attitude. It's a new show, give it a shot.
    I will, but those ratings don't spell succes. And it's NBC (Kings, Awake, The Black Donnellys).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Whatever happens, the upside remains that NBC is locked in to this first season meaning they won't chuck it out mid-season.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I liked the pilot a lot and will definitely be tuning in next week. If the previews are any indication it's going to get even better throughout the season. I really wish it wasn't on nbc though because I'm not sure that's really the right demographic for this type of show. Hopefully the name hannibal will attract some more viewers that wouldn't normally tune in to an nbc drama, worked for me at least.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Really this show belongs on cable. The pace the pilot moved through may not jibe with viewers of similar shows like Criminal Minds or Elementary (which ironically it opposes) over time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Exactly. I'm dumbfounded why the producers wouldn't take the show to a network more suited for this type of thing, like hbo or even amc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I watched for the first time tonight. I'm glad they veer a bit from the CSI/Criminal Minds formula. It has a nice psychological depth to it I hadn't seen in network tv before. Also scenes from next week: "Did you just smell me?" lol

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Did it really have a decent pilot?

Guess I'll have to check it out for myself.

The whole Hannibal franchise is very graphic, definitely fitting for an HBO, Showtime or even FX kind of channel... it's just hard to imagine it being pulled off on such a formulaic soccer mom friendly network like NBC.....

A network i might add that thought SouthLAnd was too gritty.....
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 04-11-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Though it is pretty old remaking everything because there is no creativity on television nowadays, this show was great! Same with Bates Motel. Long time horror fan here and I was very skeptic when I first heard about these 2 shows, but I am overall impressed with what they have done to bring these old stories back to life. I also like the MN setting. I have spent much time in Duluth and Hibbing, have always thought Hibbing would be a great place to penetrate a young girl with deer antlers. Sorry, I have a sick sense of humor. But the MN setting hits home to me, this might be my new favorite show for now, but Bates Motel is some pretty fierce competition.

It is cool how they are taking these old horror flicks and making these new modern day prequels. I keep waiting for the Cape Fear remake starring Bill Moseley(Otis) as Max Cady.

To anyone who uses Vudu, the pilots for Hannibal and Bates Motel are available for free!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Another great episode this week. I really hope this show gets picked up for a second season. Supposedly the ratings are good and people seem to like it, so I guess we'll see.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Hannibal

Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    . . .I also like the MN setting. I have spent much time in Duluth and Hibbing, have always thought Hibbing would be a great place to penetrate a young girl with deer antlers. Sorry, I have a sick sense of humor.
    Uggggggghhh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only thing I do not like about this show is Lawrence Fishburne. I'm just not a fan of him, and when I see him I think of CSI - a show I think is fucking terrible.

I LOVE the music. A lot of what I heard in the second episode reminded me of the Peter Christopherson project Soisong.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    You don't think of Cowboy Curtis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    You don't think of Cowboy Curtis?
    Well fuck, man. Now I will. hahaha

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think of the actual awesome stuff he did. Like saying he was 17 when he was really 14 to do ​Apocalypse Now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Imo this show is both audio and visually stunning.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    According to IGN, next weeks episode is being pulled, and there are no plans to air it in the U.S., as it features Molly Shannon brainwashing children into killing other children. Their reasoning is that it would be inappropriate following Newtown and Boston. It will still air overseas.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/04/19...athon-bombings

Guess us in the U.S. will have to find another way to watch it.
    Last edited by hollowed_point; 04-19-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely have to find a way to catch Episode 4. Molly Shannon!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm digging the show. It's a little more procedural than I was hoping it'd be but it's still good.

... Just hoping it doesn't become the next 'Awake'. Should have never been cancelled.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by substanceabuse View Post
    Guess us in the U.S. will have to find another way to watch it.
    It seems that the UK/Irish showing of this episode is May 28th (possibly the 21st, sometimes with the US premieres they show a double bill on the first night which is going to be May 7th), so it would be most likely online after that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Six important scenes from the pulled episode have been made available online, in order to follow the continuity in tomorrow's episode. This is a very smart move, and bravo to Fuller and NBC for at least giving us this much.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 04-25-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I wonder if the dvd/blu-ray release will include the episode.

Just read episode 4 will air in Asia on Tuesday so I'd imagine it'll be online either Tuesday or Wednesday (I don't know what the time difference is).
    Last edited by imail724; 04-24-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I have to admit I'm less interested in the episode, since it seems the decision to pull it was as much Fuller's as it was NBC's.