Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Black Mirror - Charlie Brooker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Watched all 3 new episodes last night. Man, the ratio of good/bad episodes seems fairly even now. These last 2 seasons seem very uninspired and turn to established and well liked concepts when there's still much to explore technologically.

Striking Vipers-- Thought they were scared to go all the way here, story and character development wise, by using awesome tech to compliment humanity. It felt like it was cut short.

Smithereens-- People not being able to handle social media. Boring. Hasn't this been done to death already?

Rachel, Jack, and Ashley Too-- Very fun, didn't contribute something new as BM tends to do. That said, Ashley's rant near the end about fabricated soulless entertainment hit home. Literally just read a work email about something testing better for retention... sigh.
    Last edited by Miss.Selfdestruct; 06-06-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I still like the show but the episodes that were made when Netflix acquired them have degraded as time goes on.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I still like the show but the episodes that were made when Netflix acquired them have degraded as time goes on.
    hate to admit it but yeah. Still love the show, but yeah

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Smithereens was actually probably my favorite.
    Striking Vipers was just, thematically, trying to say too many things at once.
    The Ashley Too story: it was reasonably cool, and Miley's acting was GREAT, but it just wasn't DARK or TENSE enough.

So, Smithereens. And, that's not saying a whole lot. I was saying yesterday: I SURE wish they could like, idk, put out 13 episodes a year or something, you know? REALLY be the new Twilight Zone. If they did that, there'd be great episodes and mediocre episodes regularly, and there would be less risk of putting out a whole "season" of mediocre episodes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I also liked Smithereens the most this time. Maybe also because I love BBC Sherlock?

Yes some already mentioned episodes (Be right back, Entire history...) were probably better, or for me older White Christmas or Hang the DJ from last season (that one really hits me), but still very good. Very very good.

PS: People, don't watch this all in one day, give it some time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This season wasn’t good. Was confused af when it started Six Inch Nailing

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I tried calling 1-800-GO-MOUSE, from the Ashley Too episode, thinking there would be some sort of clever tie in.

Instead, it was some sort of phone sex line. :/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I liked the episodes a lot, the Striking Vipers one was my favourite. Smithereens was my least favourite but had a good message in about the phone usage.

Still a little bummed that we've only got 3 episode this time around, who knows how long we'll be waiting for the next three?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh...

Oh yes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This show keeps going downhill with every new season since it went to Netflix. Charlie Brooker rehashes same plots and ideas while also having nothing new/of substance to say anymore. It's a stupid person's idea of a smart show at this point.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks hot!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I liked it.