Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome. Thanks man. Firebrand confirmed for me its organic makeup so this makes perfect sense.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Here's mine, bagged and boarded:

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    There are some lyrics on the "Burning Bright" sheet that aren't in the song either.
    Can you transcribe them so they can be added to ninwiki, please?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Can you transcribe them so they can be added to ninwiki, please?
    The bolded lines are what's on the lyric sheet but not sung.
    Or, if they are, I can't hear it at all, please correct me if I'm wrong.

now I know for certain
    shedding any
    burn motherfucker

like an end
    like an end
    like the fucking end
    like the end

Also: it's getting hard to know which side is the dream

The first and third bolded sections are included in the lyrics of the nin.com mp3 version of the song, but the second is only on the lyrics sheet in the physical component.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Looking through the thread, my set seems like one of the common ones. Red/blue "She's Gone Away," white "Branches/Bones," etc. A couple other people in this thread have my exact set, from what I can tell. I put together a Flickr album here.

If some of the pictures look a little bit weird in certain spots, it's because I had to edit out my name and address because I'm a stupid asshole who photographed my set on top of my mailing envelope.

Also, I cannot find even the slightest hint of the NIN logo / Halo Twenty Nine on my credits page. Nothing. It might have been filled in by the "dirt" (I don't know what else to call it), but I feel like I'd at least be able to tell if that was the case. Oh well.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    There are two black on white versions of "The Idea of You" with different font arrays, so I think that's all three. And there's a version of "Branches/Bones" with red splotches instead of black.
    Yeah, you're definitely right about The Idea Of You having two very distinct black-on-white versions, so I've split those out.

I'm half sold on Branches/Bones... I do notice that I've got two images in the "white with black text" section on there which have noticeably different/bigger splotches from the rest, but I'm no longer certain that those don't belong in the "blue with black text" category... The very first image actually sort of looks to me like the photo itself is black-and-white, which makes the color difficult to see, and the color on the second one looks like it could be blue, and it's just a white balance issue causing it to look a little more white to me. The reddish-looking splotch on the top of that one looks pretty similar huewise to some of the splotches in the images in the Blue section.

Edit: Yeah, after looking at those two more, I am quite positive that they belong in the Blue section, not White. I've removed the first entirely (I doublechecked and that whole photoset was entirely black+white, so color would be difficult to discern), and the other one looks much better up with the Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    I'm pretty sure that there are two different variations of the green card stock for "Dear World"
    From what I've seen, some are bright green and some are dull green. Of course, I'm aware that different cammeras and or different backgrounds might affect the "green", however comparing the photos people have put up and comparing the white, blue, black, purple, etc within the same picture... I'm fairly certain that there are two different "greens". One is bright, and one is dull. The bright green is already documented. Here's an example of the dull green
    Yeah, I'm half-sold on that as well; the second image on my index in particular seems to be a noticeably different shade (which matches the pic you posted). I'll probably split that out once one more better-isolated image of the alternate tint pops up somewhere.
    Last edited by xolotl; 03-05-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mine arrived earlier today! The cards are the black and white variations, and the strip of lyrics for Burning Bright is clear. It's pretty neat how we've all got different, unique versions!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My set is devoid of color, strictly black/grey/white and has the landscape credits. I'll throw pictures up tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Has anyone else opened theirs with their bare hands for the full experience? I did.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Sorry for the bad pics, my phone camera is terrible.

Front:
    http://i.imgur.com/AnhBRiT.jpg
    back:
    http://i.imgur.com/dRq1d1E.jpg

On the Credits card, I could not find the NIN logo, until a black-light revealed the logo was at the top:
    http://i.imgur.com/0VQiK9o.jpg

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Here are mine.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Here's one of my sets of physical editions. I haven't opened the one I got last week yet. Now you've got a clearer look into where the newer avatars (and the header of the nin subreddit, and the NIN Hotline's Twitter & Facebook headers...)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Got mine and opened it. To be honest I was expecting bullshit cardstock and some dirt. There's actually more to it than I guessed, there's some actual layers going on in a few of the pieces. 7/10, I wish this release offered a disk option.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

Got mine and opened it. To be honest I was expecting bullshit cardstock and some dirt. There's actually more to it than I guessed, there's some actual layers going on in a few of the pieces. 7/10, I wish this release offered a disk option.
    it did. it's called vinyl.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    You saucy cunt <3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I kinda want to see the vinyl version come with the organic makeup caked all over it as well.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    I kinda want to see the vinyl version come with the organic makeup caked all over it as well.
    I hope it's just the powder compressed into a vinyl and as soon as you put the needle on it the thing just breaks down and reveals a cd in the mess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://imgur.com/M5ds631

http://imgur.com/T4U7QRv

http://imgur.com/2gO2uBB

http://imgur.com/Yk9jQP6

http://imgur.com/S3XN5lM

NIN logo is faint...have to dig out a blacklight to check for a Halo moniker at some point.
    Last edited by Bajoobatron; 03-07-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

So were these sent by a national carrier in the US or is St Louis mail just really that bad?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I live in St. Louis county. St. Louis mail is generally great. Mine was sent DHL from CA and handed off to USPS, much like the others' packages in the US. I think Tony was more than likely a victim of an unforeseen delay with his.

edit: For reference, I received mine on Friday.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Pleasantly surprised that mine has arrived so soon

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajoobatron View Post
    I live in St. Louis county. St. Louis mail is generally great. Mine was sent DHL from CA and handed off to USPS, much like the others' packages in the US. I think Tony was more than likely a victim of an unforeseen delay with his.

edit: For reference, I received mine on Friday.
    @tony.parente was a victim of complaining too much and firebrand was probably like "yo, USPS, hold on to this for a few extra days just to drive this guy crazy"

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    @tony.parente was a victim of complaining too much and firebrand was probably like "yo, USPS, hold on to this for a few extra days just to drive this guy crazy"
    I mean, it kind of (completely) dulled my excitement for it. I'm sad I couldn't really enjoy the opening of it. But I have it, so that's all that really matters.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think we are supposed to add water.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    I think we are supposed to add water.
    Holy. Fuck. Could you iMAGINE that mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't posted on ETS is nine million years but hey! Enjoy these photos of my copy of Not the Actual Events!
    http://imgur.com/a/8Ttj1

I wiped the excess pigment off of my cards with a paper towel, and it made Branches Bones look really cool. The idea of taking the art and giving it my own unique spin was quite euphoric, indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Received mine in Australia yesterday. Thankfully arrived in good condition.
    Don't think I'll open it though as I have no direct use for the cards at this time and if it's sealed in plastic the mess will stay there.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    How many of you guys not opening it for collectibility/whatever have dealt with expired makeup before?

Enjoy your goo!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    How many of you guys not opening it for collectibility/whatever have dealt with expired makeup before?

Enjoy your goo!
    Thank you @sheepdean for the tip-off! I was debating whether nor not to open mine, and your post has helped me to decide.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Oh, that's actually an excellent point even for those of us who HAVE opened it up. I've just got mine sealed away in another bag at the moment and apart from taking them out again to get photographed soon, didn't have any other plans for them. Guess I may go the route of cleaning off all the black stuff after all!