Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: innerpartysystem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talking innerpartysystem

im so late!

before ETS went down i was lurking around the IPS thread and eventually decided to give them a listen. long story short, i fell in love. 'the way we move' and 'out of touch' are by far my favorite tracks.

so you can imagine my disapointment when i learned of this 'indefinite hiatus' nonsense. discovering a band that you instantly love only to find out that they stopped making music is such a bummer... to say the least. would have loved to have seen a live show. IMO there are very few bands out there that can make this genre work... IE the faint, and does it offend you, yeah?

anyways, the reason i started this thread is that i remember in the old one yall were talking about and sharing b-sides and some unreleased stuff. at the time they didnt seem important because i was still getting into the official releases. im a sucker for rare tracks... no matter who the artist is. i would like to get that conversation going again.

im in the process of hunting down these mixtapes they have put out. can you think of anything interesting off the top of your head? i would love to hear as much as i can from these guys.

BTW -- the 7" made of chocolate is so f'ing cool!!
    Last edited by smokey_mcpot; 12-11-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    can't say I know alot about the band but 'Don't Stop' was an awesome track. I remember the first time I heard it (while watching the video), blew me away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats another thing -- the videos they put out are great! i love the themes they use. the american trash video is what gained my respect.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Had a chat with Kris when they were on tour with 3OH!3 - I had gone to see IPS on press tickets. He was just hanging back in the crowd watching. They played an ace set, but it was so much harder for them without Jesse I think... I know that sounds like speculation, but I had seen them twice before with Jesse, and both times they were so much more freeform.
    They always put so much into making their set awesome though, they worked so hard and used minimal backing tracks. The lights were amazing, in the photo pit I was close enough to see the concentration they had whilst they were punching in every beat.
    I hope they do come back, those guys rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These guys are all local from my area. I'm sure they've long moved on, but I remember Jesse when he was playing in a two-man electronic group back in like '01-'02. I might still have a CD of that somewhere. Would be very interested to hear anything he's been working on lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw them open up for Does It Offend You, Yeah? and Kele of Bloc Party last September at Webster Hall. Never heard of them before that and I was very impressed with their set. I actually left the show after DIOYY and didn't stay for Kele but that's beside the point. I never really got around to downloading or buying any of their music though, basically just listened to some stuff on YouTube a few times. I was thinking about going to their "last show" at Webster Hall in August but didn't. I liked them but I guess just not enough to really get into them enough.