Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: John Wick Saga

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This looks sick. And I can't get enough of Sanada-san.

Give it to me already!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I just got back from seeing JW4 over an hour ago, I feel like I'm high as a kite after such thrill ride of a movie.

The stunt crew in these movies deserve the highest praise, also the whole time i was watching this it was reminding me of how i felt during The Raid 2.

Exceptional the whole way through, at no point was i bored or wanting it to be over. This nearly 3 hour epic just flew by!

You know, the story IS pretty thin in these movies overall but that's okay. To me given it's influences especially from some video games, that's often exactly what it felt like.. you know similar to classic DooM games where you just focus on why you're there and get straight to the point.

There's actually a beautiful overhead/top down scene that i heard was lifted from Hong Kong Massacre although you'd be forgiven for thinking it was from Hotline Miami, same idea!

Donnie Yen, Scott Adkins, Hiroyuki Sanada and Rina Sawayama were major highlights.

The gun fu/fight choreography and cinematography shines once again. So many deliciously framed scenes!

Spoiler: The Continental's concierge Charon, Lance Reddick's character has a beautiful sendoff which i was not expecting. All in all a truly unfortunate coincidence with life imitating art in some way.

RIP Lance Reddick!

So what's next? Well John's gonna need to rest for a while. Spoiler: The ending is left ambiguous, he very well could be dead but i somehow doubt it

I'm hoping the Continental series and the Ballerina led picture by Ana de Armas are at least half as good as any of these movies have been.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I saw 4 last weekend, very good film! If you liked the first three, you will like this one.

I don' think for a second that Spoiler: John Wick is dead. He succumbs to being shot in the shoulder but is able to survive falling off buildings, landing onto cars, being hit by cars, multiple times, etc.? I think he faked his death. This movie is making so much money I don't see how there isn't a sequel.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The ending fell pretty flat. Not only are they gonna make a 5th movie but it's just not satisfying cinematically to end so anticlimactically. Good move otherwise though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)