Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Neil Gaiman

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Neil Gaiman

Can we give this guy his own thread? Of course we can. We just did. Why do I keep saying we?

Kid-friendly sort of creepy fiction. Adult-friendly sort of creepy fiction. Unbelievably poignant non-fiction responses to world events. Pianist. Bee keeper.

What can't this guy do?

I'm cautiously optimistic about the multiple TV adaptations he's got coming up. Coraline was a fantastic movie, so I'm inclined to think that he knows what he's doing when it comes to translating his books to other mediums.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Huge fan, I've been buying up physical copies of his books for awhile now.

My mother got me his artwork related book for Christmas and it is awesome.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I read Neverwhere not long ago and really liked it. Will need to check out more of his stuff here soon.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my friend and i have been working on a sandman-inspired EP/album (probably going to end up being a series of EPs, each one based on one or two of the volumes) so he gave me the first volume for my birthday. a week and a half ago, i read it in one sitting in one day, and immediately went to my local comic shop to get volume two. i am loving it, and i have gotten so inspired that i've been working on music and lyrical ideas to bring to him instead of just waiting for him to come up with stuff haha

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Number Six • The Endless

EP is done! up on streaming services soon, limited edition pressing of 50 cassettes coming later this year!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Is "pressing" actually the term used for manufacturing cassettes?

(That's pretty cool too, BTW)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the tv adaptation (well, streaming adaptation i guess) of Good Omens is pretty decent, i've only watched the first episode so far, but i dug it. Much closer to the source material than the adaptation of American Gods, which, some episodes i like, some i don't. The book is my favorite book of all time, ever, in life.

I am not at all a fan of his wife anymore, but, that's a whole other thread, and i won't mention that again here.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Is "pressing" actually the term used for manufacturing cassettes?

(That's pretty cool too, BTW)
    i guess "duplicated" is the correct term but it sounds so silly haha

they're printing the artwork too

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Love Neil (and Terry) My favs are Anansi Boys, American Gods and Ocean at the End of the Lane, although I've never read anything of his I haven't liked.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So I've been re-reading American Gods and it's one of the books that keeps inspiring me write, interestingly 'nuff.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Thinking back on "The Sandman" Netflix series... while I did like it, I didn't really enjoy it... but that's more of a me and Gaiman-style thing. I'm not a fan... not for any particular reason other than it's just not the type of fantasy I prefer. No big deal. Still, I'll probably watch whatever he has a hand on putting on-screen, because it is quality.