Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The little things that scare the hell out of you

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think he has a list of everything Obama did by his bed and makes another tic next to it environment check LGBT in the military, check i think he was really hurt at the correspondence dinner i guess the entire room was laughing at him for his birther nonsense, this was after he doubled down an sent the investigators to Hawaii to find the truth the was not only Obama but all the "in" press corps again it was the correspondence dinner i guess it was humiliating for anyone but an idiot man-child like trump it must have been devastating i believe this also why he hates the press
    -louie

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @elevenism @pretty.hate.machine Maybe this belongs in the Ghosts thread?

I've always had a fear of open closet doors due to vivid nightmares from when I had leukemia as a kid to my mid 20s all involving evil things coming from my closet door that was left open. No, I'm not gay
    So it was programmed in me to always keep them closed when you left the room or went to sleep. I was in a relationship and married for about 7 years. My ex would always goof on me (in good fun) about this. Well, we lived in a townhouse with a walk in closet for a couple years and one day, my husky, who was probably 5 at the time was in the bedroom standing right in the walk in closet's doorway staring into it. My ex asked him what he was doing. He ignored her. I approached him and as I got close he started to growl, snarl and show his teeth to whatever the fuck he was looking at. He NEVER does this.

I closed the door and my ex never teased me about closet doors again. I still catch him staring at nothing, looking concerned, but not like he was that day. I'm not religious but I have seen things I can't explain. The crazier side of me wonders if maybe one of the times I was near death's door as a sick kid, something evil caught a ride out with me. I don't know. Someone call the Winchesters
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-27-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Swykk , OMG, I had the SAME THING for MANY YEARS throughout my childhood!!

It started from watching too many horror flicks (the biggest culprit being the 70s made-for-TV gem, "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" with Kim Darby), and I HAD to have the closet door(s) open wherever it was dark or I was sleeping. I finally forced myself to knock it off. Good thing, because open closet doors drive my Husband nuts. However, one of my cats loves to hang out in closets and knows how to slide the doors open, so now we CAN'T fully close any closet door unless we check to see if there's a cat in there.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    @elevenism @pretty.hate.machine Maybe this belongs in the Ghosts thread?

I've always had a fear of open closet doors. I've had vivid nightmares from when I had leukemia as a kid to my mid 20s all involving evil things coming from my closet door that was left open. No, I'm not gay
    So it was programmed in me to always keep them closed when you left the room or went to sleep. I was in a relationship and married for about 7 years. My ex would always goof on me (in good fun) about this. Well, we lived in a townhouse with a walk in closet for a couple years and one day, my husky, who was probably 5 at the time was in the bedroom standing right in the walk in closet's doorway staring into it. My ex asked him what he was doing. He ignored her. I approached him and as I got close he started to growl, snarl and show his teeth to whatever the fuck he was looking at. He NEVER does this.

I closed the door and my ex never teased me about closet doors again. I still catch him staring at nothing, looking concerned, but not like he was that day. I'm not religious but I have seen things I can't explain. The crazier side of me wonders if maybe one of the times I was near death's door as a sick kid, something evil caught a ride out with me. I don't know. Someone call the Winchesters
    sleep tight

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That movie is sooooo terrible! But yeah, for real, I keep them closed unless I'm getting some clothes and what not.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i'm starting to actually REALLY get scared of Donald Trump and his army of believers.
    I don't think people are being at all hyperbolic at this point when they mention certain parallels to dictators.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The fact that people seem eager for me to return to work tomorrow morning. It indicates we are understaffed and it is sure to be stressful.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    detached toenails, ie clippings really freak me the flip out...
    Aaaack!

the memory of the day i believed i was going to die at the bare hands of an ex boyfriend.
    i guess it's not such a small thing and it happened about a yr ago.
    he's a marine combat veteran and hero to his country.
    he's got some issues to address.
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-28-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    Aaaack!
    i like to chew on mine :P :P :P

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Feeling like a target and as if every single option is wrong.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    baaaaaaaarf

people biting their finger nails is bad enough (it literally gives me panic attacks) but that's just naaaasty

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    eeewwwwww!
    gack attach!
    *makes run for door

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    eeewwwwww!
    gack attach!
    *makes run for door
    Wahahahahaha.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Losing my balance.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Aaaack!
    purple fonts.

also the ocean. i have gotten my feet wet on both coasts, but that's it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I mostly bite my fingernails out of anxiety and habit alone. Been trying to stop it though.

Anyhoo, I used to be scared of ghosts and satanic/occult stuff as a kid, and the internet made that kind of shit very accessable, so I would be reading and watching stuff about it at 3 AM and go to bed completely paranoid.
    Then I got used to it as I got older, I started to become interested in it all, but I still get paranoid or creeped out when a certain thing gets under my skin good.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    spoiled children with nuclear weapons
    -Louie

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I hate mice. There were mice in 2 of the houses I've lived in. I would rather be in a haunted house.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I took a shower this morning and I could've sworn that the bathroom doorknob turned of its own accord. It scared me to death.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Realizing far too late that I'm way in over my head and that I should've quit while I was ahead a very long time ago. However, it's sometimes more awkward and regretful than scary sometimes, but it still freaks me out nonetheless. It's also been the story of most of my life so far.