Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Good NIN Rehearsals?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Good NIN Rehearsals?

Anyone know of good NIN rehearsals where the band is practicing with discussion/banter, figuring things out? I've always been interested in this sort of thing, as opposed to rehearsals that are polished performances.

The "NIN 2013 Festival Rehearsals" has some of that.
    http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2013/20...ehearsals.html )

This video has some too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yes, there are also With Teeth tour rehearsals, including the rest of the album tracks that weren't performed on that tour. I think it's on Reflecting in the Chrome.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I think it's on Reflecting in the Chrome.
    Yep.

http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2005/2005rehearsals.html

There's also a couple of soundcheck recordings on there, although I'm not sure if you would count that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The rehearsal of the reworked version of Sanctified is easily available.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yep.

There's also a couple of soundcheck recordings on there, although I'm not sure if you would count that.
    That rehearsal looks great. Thank you!

Any good soundchecks with banter and band interaction would be great.
    Last edited by patj825; 02-01-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    The rehearsal of the reworked version of Sanctified is easily available.
    Such a tease.... imagine an entire reworked PHM?

Sorry off topic.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yep.

Does that include the banter? I seem to remember @ninlive editing it out at one point.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    For the most part, the rehearsals I've heard sound pretty polished. The only one I can think of that has any kind of discussion is the Festival 2013 rehearsal of Survivalism. The first minute is banter gold, with Trent alternating between directing some of the other members and singing some fairly unique scat vocals over the first verse.

I also seem to remember a performance where Trent tells the mixing crew to "turn up the motherfucking bass". Not sure where that's from.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    As far as soundchecks with banter, I think there were a few live-streamed for The Spiral that may have been grabbed by someone, but I know for sure there are a lot of youtube videos out there from a few tours (first from Spiral soundchecks, then from the VIP package you could buy to help the kid who needed surgery). Sorry I don't have any specific links, mostly just thinking out loud.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    As far as soundchecks with banter, I think there were a few live-streamed for The Spiral that may have been grabbed by someone, but I know for sure there are a lot of youtube videos out there from a few tours (first from Spiral soundchecks, then from the VIP package you could buy to help the kid who needed surgery). Sorry I don't have any specific links, mostly just thinking out loud.
    I would love to hear some of thoes, does anybody have them still?

Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post

I also seem to remember a performance where Trent tells the mixing crew to "turn up the motherfucking bass". Not sure where that's from.

CBH intro from those Tension rehearseals

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Does that include the banter? I seem to remember @ninlive editing it out at one point.
    @patj825 I edited all of the banter out because I wanted to make a seamless tape and the banter that was in between a few songs was not supposed to be consumed by the public. Out of the respect for the band, it was omitted and there is only the seamless version available on the archive. If you want me to be honest, you're not missing anything and the Tension rehearsals were definitely not supposed to be heard by anyone. Whomever leaked it over on 4chan made a lot of people lose contracts on this one, as Vevo was covering the Festival Tour up to the Fuji gig.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    @patj825 I edited all of the banter out because I wanted to make a seamless tape and the banter that was in between a few songs was not supposed to be consumed by the public. Out of the respect for the band, it was omitted and there is only the seamless version available on the archive. If you want me to be honest, you're not missing anything and the Tension rehearsals were definitely not supposed to be heard by anyone. Whomever leaked it over on 4chan made a lot of people lose contracts on this one, as Vevo was covering the Festival Tour up to the Fuji gig.
    Oh, I understand now. Thank you for explaining.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I would love to hear some of thoes, does anybody have them still?
    Check all the ninlive.com links from the NIN/JA tour. Because it was an open taping policy, and there were accessible soundchecks for EDLC donors, there are several soundchecks that were taped. And Trent was loosey-goosey interacting with the audience, which, of course, he never is during the show. My recording is here:

http://ninlive.com/shows/2009/20090522.html

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    With Teeth Rehearsals are a classic for me. It's also the only time you can hear a live rendition of Sunspots. I think Jerome Dillon is on drums too.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 02-18-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Slip.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Last recording on this list consists of two in-ear wireless feeds from the pre-show soundcheck matrixed together, then presented individually: http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060331.html

Starts with Josh Freese & TR shooting the shit about shitty hotel rooms and the venue barricade, then it gets better... they take requests from the few fans who got in early. Both of the songs from this performance were also webcast (not the IEM feed, obviously, just camera audio) on The Spiral by Rob Sheridan, whom I can remember filming Alessandro texting during a part in "Please" when he wasn't playing anything, haha.
    Last edited by botley; 02-19-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Last recording on this list consists of two in-ear wireless feeds from the pre-show soundcheck matrixed together, then presented individually: http://ninlive.com/shows/2006/20060331.html

Starts with Josh Freese & TR shooting the shit about shitty hotel rooms and the venue barricade, then it gets better... they take requests from the few fans who got in early. Both of the songs from this performance were also webcast (not the IEM feed, obviously, just camera audio) on The Spiral by Rob Sheridan, whom I can remember filming Alessandro texting during a part in "Please" when he wasn't playing anything, haha.
    Still looking for a damn good audience recording that exists of that Cabazon show. Maybe one day...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Still looking for a damn good audience recording that exists of that Cabazon show. Maybe one day...
    You know your in for a fierce setlist when the show opens with Wish.

Also, id love for a tape to surface from the 11.26.08 show, since there are tapes from the other 2 shows I attended (04.17.00 and mine and JB's tape from 09.28.13. funny enough, there is a recording from 02.07.95 show in my hometown but i was 11 years old at the time and i dint start listening to NIN until the summer of '97). i know there are YouTube vids from this show, but I want audio!!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    You know your in for a fierce setlist when the show opens with Wish.

Also, id love for a tape to surface from the 11.26.08 show, since there are tapes from the other 2 shows I attended (04.17.00 and mine and JB's tape from 09.28.13. funny enough, there is a recording from 02.07.95 show in my hometown but i was 11 years old at the time and i dint start listening to NIN until the summer of '97). i know there are YouTube vids from this show, but I want audio!!

Funny you mention that! Right before the crash of ETS, some guy came here and posted that he recorded that show!! With DPA mics!! He wanted too much for it because he deemed it 'rare.' I didn't have anything to give him. If anyone searches the archives, his website was linked. I'd love to give this guy an email, cause I could hopefully get it now!!

Also always wanted chaonatic's footage for the archive. But that guy never responded to any request.. such a shame.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post

good memory

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Wasn't there some WT-era rehearsal footage on one of EYB live essentials dvds? I clearly remember watching footage of Jerome playing March of the Pigs, can't remember what else was there.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Does anyone happen to still have a link to the FULL Tension 2013 rehearsals with banter? I have the seamless version; would just like the other version as I am a completist. Had it at one point on a drive but no longer have that drive.

PM would be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Funny you mention that! Right before the crash of ETS, some guy came here and posted that he recorded that show!! With DPA mics!! He wanted too much for it because he deemed it 'rare.' I didn't have anything to give him. If anyone searches the archives, his website was linked. I'd love to give this guy an email, cause I could hopefully get it now!!

Also always wanted chaonatic's footage for the archive. But that guy never responded to any request.. such a shame.
    Any updates on these?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Any updates on these?
    Only if you wanna see me cry. Got nothing. It’s in the journal of things I’d like.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Only if you wanna see me cry. Got nothing. It’s in the journal of things I’d like.
    Damn bummer

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Does anyone happen to still have a link to the FULL Tension 2013 rehearsals with banter?
    I think this is it:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rxdnt...arsal.zip/file

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Old bump. If anyone finds more of that live rehearsal footage of Ilan doing Demon Seed, that’d be great. Just sayin’.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Old bump. If anyone finds more of that live rehearsal footage of Ilan doing Demon Seed, that’d be great. Just sayin’.
    This is all there is. There's no 'NIN rehearsal' video of it.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=532658256683

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    This is all there is. There's no 'NIN rehearsal' video of it.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=532658256683
    Is this all there really is?