Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Frank Herbert's Dune

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slopesandsam View Post
    Wait, does Duncan even appear in the first book? It's been a while since I read it, but I feel like he was "Sir Not Appearing In This Book", oft mentioned but never actually there. He didn't show up until Dune Messiah.

Momoa in a bit part in the first movie makes sense, but if they wanted to continue with later books he's a weird choice to carry the entire series, given how important Duncan becomes.
    Without providing too many details, lest I spoil anything for those who haven’t read or seen any of the adaptations, Duncan is most definitely in the original Dune. Check out the Wikipedia synopsis for further details, but that character does appear in the original.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Without providing too many details, lest I spoil anything for those who haven’t read or seen any of the adaptations, Duncan is most definitely in the original Dune. Check out the Wikipedia synopsis for further details, but that character does appear in the original.
    Ah. I still feel like it was a very brief appearance. I remember thinking he was the only member of Leto's retinue that didn't really get fleshed out as a character.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/...nis-villeneue/

I’m not sure what to make of this. I think it could be utterly sensational, and the Bene Gesserit are among my favourite “factions” in the universe, so hopes are high. But, I do wonder if it will be an extension of Herbert’s written works, based on one of his novels, or perhaps even the Sisterhood of Dune prequel novel? The article says that it’s set in the same “universe” novel, so perhaps the events of that era told from the BG’s perspective?

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/...nis-villeneue/

I’m not sure what to make of this. I think it could be utterly sensational, and the Bene Gesserit are among my favourite “factions” in the universe, so hopes are high. But, I do wonder if it will be an extension of Herbert’s written works, based on one of his novels, or perhaps even the Sisterhood of Dune prequel novel? The article says that it’s set in the same “universe” novel, so perhaps the events of that era told from the BG’s perspective?
    I agree. A very interesting and intriguing idea but yeah, there are questions about the source. The Bene Gesserit are central to the Dune universe and having more insight into them would be great for everyone, familiar with the books or not.

Also, after having watched Stellan Skarsgard flawless performance in Chernobyl, I can't wait to see what he is going to do with Baron Harkonnen.