Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Split

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Split

Just saw this. Much better than I expected. Not perfect but a nice return to form. There were certain parts where I wasn't sure if I was on board but was very satisfied when it ended. Unless you signed the petition to boycott this movie you should see it... McAvoy does a great job. I took notice to him when he elevated the very average Filth. The main girl does a great job as well.

Spoiler: I nearly wet my pants when the camera dollied across the bar at the diner, and those ladies are talking about Mr Glass. The Bruce Willis appeared. Holy shit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am so on the fence about seeing this. It looks good but he has tricked me before and I did not think The Visit was all that great. It think I will give it time to see what the consensus is, then decide.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    SPLIT is solid. Didn't like it as much as The Visit (which I love), but it's still good and I think I'll only like it more with repeat viewings. As the film directly following The Visit, it makes me appreciate Night's versatility RE: how stylistically different it is (i.e. SPLIT has a calmer rhythm/pace, isn't 'found footage').

McAvoy is outstanding.

Spoiler: And yeah, that tag... wow. As soon as the girl said "the guy in the wheelchair", my mouth started to drop. Love it.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 01-22-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    McAvoy did such a great job. He was alot of fun. That one sequence toward the end where he's switching fast & furiously in mid-sentence...impressive. I think this movie could have been closer to greatness (it's solid, not over the top amazing) if it had gone much darker. Like Silence of the Lambs dark. But once the final scene ended, I can see why it didn't.

SPOILERS PERHAPS:

Thought the losing of some of the clothes wasn't just for T&A but also to ramp up the danger/vulnerability. I thought it worked in that regard. I wasn't complaining either (creeper status: elevated).

Got pissed at myself when i didn't catch the thing for the main girl from the flashbacks.

Movie wasn't perfect, but a return to form for M. Night. It was shot beautifully too. Even his few movies that sucked always looked good, and unique. Need to check out The Visit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^I need to check out the Visit too, but I can't wait to see what he does next with this story-line/universe

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just watched this and man... what a ride. It looked great, McAvoy certainly deserves a nod all around for his performance(s) . It was tense and had a nice erie feeling running through it the entire time. For me, it turned into a completely different movie than I was expecting around the first half hour or so. Anya Taylor-Joy did a great job, and was believable throughout. There were some minor flaws, but it comes down to nitpicking at that point. Definitely recommend.

Spoiler: Holyyyy shit with that ending!!! I nerded out pretty hard when they mentioned "Man in a wheelchair" "15 years ago", I yelled out "Mr.Glass!!" Bruce Willis was revealed and that was it for me. I wasn't the only one that went nuts, so it was pretty dam cool. Apparently M.Night wants to make Unbreakable 2 with all the characters in one movie and I am totally on board.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    that would be "U________e 3"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    well acted, no climax...which is shocking bc thats m knights calling card. very disappointed.