Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: New NIN in 2017... Then maybe not.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

New NIN in 2017... Then maybe not.

On December 23, 2016 we heard (in the interview with Beats 1’s Zane Lowe) that 2 new major NIN works would be released in 2017. Trent admitted it was a quote he'd have to live up to.
    Quote starts at 27:07 in the audio player at the bottom of the page here: http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/1...nned-for-2017/

Then on January 11, 2017 we read him say, “We’re working on new stuff now, so we’re planning to release more stuff as soon as it’s ready, and I don’t think that’s this year.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/music/trent-re...222940245.html

I wonder what changed.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I don't know. Maybe he was talking about more "Deviations."
    And in the other interview he was refering to NEW new NIN.

Did you see the new David Bowie documentary? He said something like "that's part my entertainment value. Lying to you is part and parcel of what i do!"
    I think that probably goes for TR as well.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    The projects he's working on that are nin related might not be new music or records. He's being vague on purpose but i don't think he's lying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    The Beats 1 interview promises two new major NIN works. The Yahoo interview says no full-length NIN record. Those two statements can both be true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I posted about this a little bit ago as well. It can all be left to interpretation but he tends to leave things in the dark as much as possible. To some degree I prefer it that way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The Beats 1 interview promises two new major NIN works. The Yahoo interview says no full-length NIN record. Those two statements can both be true.
    Good point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As annoying as being almost dead silent about this is, I still do enjoy a surprise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I kind of think he is just lying to keep the new release(s) a surprise. I would be totally amazed if the tweet a year in advance was referring to an ep with re-used album artwork. I could be wrong. It just doesn't seem like it is complete for some reason and I feel like there is a much more elaborate release in the works.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Almost nobody here thought 'new NIN coming in 2016' would actually happen. Just saying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I kind of think he is just lying to keep the new release(s) a surprise. I would be totally amazed if the tweet a year in advance was referring to an ep with re-used album artwork. I could be wrong. It just doesn't seem like it is complete for some reason and I feel like there is a much more elaborate release in the works.
    Hmmm...good point...now you have me thinking...That's totally possible. He may have not quite finished the full album yet and figured, "shit, I gotta give them something"...atleast I hope that's what's going on...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    Hmmm...good point...now you have me thinking...That's totally possible. He may have not quite finished the full album yet and figured, "shit, I gotta give them something"...atleast I hope that's what's going on...
    Or, more likely, there were several different 'threads' that they have been following and putting each into a separate work for NIN; this is just the first one to be finished and come out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    I've heard this theory several times now. "Trent released NTAE only because what he's really working on isn't finished but he promised us something." Yea, I don't buy that at all. First of all, he isn't going to release shit unless he feels it's ready and perfect. And second, how many promises has he made then broken? He doesn't care. He's promised a lot that didn't end up happening. I think to say, NTAE was a relatively unplanned release for the purpose of fulfilling a promise, greatly undermines Trent Reznor and NTAE.
    Last edited by Jordan; 01-17-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

2 nin works, not full-length NIN records????

How about a conceptual sequel to the Broken movie featuring videos filmed to the music of NTAE?

Aaaand…

Some touring, but more extensive than just a few festival dates?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Remember that time he "wasn't completely honest about what he'd been doing" and then we got Hesitation Marks?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    THAT is the part, that really chafes my ass.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just give me that fucking tension bluray and I'll be happy. Truly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I still think the yahoo interview was done in 2016, but published just now, so everyone's panicking for no reason. Might be wishful thinking mind...I'd be happy with the Tension Blu Ray and one album.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Just give me that fucking tension bluray and I'll be happy. Truly.
    A live box set with NIN2013-2014 and the Wave Goodbye footage would be great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    A live box set with NIN2013-2014 and the Wave Goodbye footage would be great.
    This, an updated version of And All that Could Have Been, the Wave Goodbye stuff and if someone would just leak that Self Destruct Tour footage that was mentioned a while ago I would be all set.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    While we're at it, a proshot of every NIN tour ever (and also some Option 30 stuff) would be nice. kthnxbai.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I just want the audio from the Wave Goodbye shows so I can jam them in my car. I blast Last and Somewhat Damaged far too often.