Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Progressive Rock

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

First time Portnoy and Rudess have shared the stage since MP left Dream Theater.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I AM SO INTO SPOCK'S BEARD AND YES RIGHT NOW. Obsessively. I just got into both and it took off like a bloody rocket!

Observations:
    - Close to the Edge is amazing top to bottom but I actually got into it from bottom to top. It flows better imo.
    - I can't pick which Tale (or which Topographic Ocean?) I like best. What a monument. Or four monuments.
    - "Awaken." No other words necessary.
    - The Light is an incredible work. The title track alone is just perfection.
    - I had gotten into the newer SB via the insanely catchy "Edge of the In Between," but the earlier stuff is the mindblower material.
    - "At the End of the Day." Again. Nothing else necessary to say.
    - "Crack the Big Sky" as well. Marvelous.
    Just curious, are you still into SB? I'm getting back into the Neal stuff in a big way lately. I'm listening to a recording of a show they did on the Kindness Of Strangers tour and just a few minutes into any of those songs you can tell how well-oiled a machine they were on the road, with energy and charisma to spare. The tag of being kind of a throwback to Genesis or Yes maybe hampered their reputation as a live band, but man were they on fire.