Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sigil 5: New HTDA speculations

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sigil 5: New HTDA speculations

So in the new Yahoo.com interview Trent said that new HTDA stuff is in the works.

I really loved Welcome Oblivion, so I am looking forward to this one. Not as much as to new material by NIN, but this is mostly because NTAE was so unexpected and it is really exciting what will happen next there, while we don't have any clue if there will also be a radical change in this band. Although I am really interested if Rob Sheridan will remain an official band member for this one or if Trent and he parted ways for longer.

What I can say is that a secong album would probably give this band more weight in the sense that it should be clear to everybody now that this is not just a one-off project.

What are your thoughts? Discuss!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    He didn't even say it's in the works. It sounded more in vein with "there likely be more Ghosts volumes in the future," just a general statement.

d'oh, my bad. I scrolled too fast through the article.
    \/ \/ \/
    Last edited by fillow; 01-12-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    He didn't even say it's in the works. It sounded more in vein with "there likely be more Ghosts volumes in the future," just a general statement.
    Well, this is the actual phrasing:
    Yahoo: Are you still making music for How to Destroy Angels?
    REZNOR: You will see more How to Destroy Angels. It’s in the works.
    If this means a new album is coming soon is up for debate.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I think Rob has said he's taking a bunch of time away to travel and work on his own projects. When he comes back to it, I'm sure HTDA will do stuff again. There's not much chance of it happening without him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I think Rob has said he's taking a bunch of time away to travel and work on his own projects. When he comes back to it, I'm sure HTDA will do stuff again. There's not much chance of it happening without him.
    I thought Rob was only involved with the band in terms of visuals. Why wouldn't they record/release an album without him?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I thought Rob was only involved with the band in terms of visuals. Why wouldn't they record/release an album without him?
    He is an official band member when it comes to HTDA. Mariqueen + Trent + Atticus + Rob are all equal parts of the band. He was also live on stage with them if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    He is an official band member when it comes to HTDA. Mariqueen + Trent + Atticus + Rob are all equal parts of the band. He was also live on stage with them if I remember correctly.
    For sure. I remember them saying it was more of a collective. I just never saw his role as having a real impact on the music and more just they way it was presented. If they wanted to continue with him I don't see why he would need to be around in order for them to record an album.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Albums have visuals. I'm sure they'll record without him and find a way to release something when he gets back.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rob wasn't a member on s/t EP and on Is You Love... either.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I think Rob has said he's taking a bunch of time away to travel and work on his own projects.
    Do you know where he's said this? I assume he's a pretty private person, but it seems like he's just completely disappeared from the internet after his breakup with Tamar and now his "breakup" with NIN. I just really hope he continues to stay involved with the NIN camp eventually, because I really dig what he brings to both bands and I really used to dig following him on Twitter/Instagram and checking out what he has to say and being into the artwork he would post there.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Do you know where he's said this? I assume he's a pretty private person, but it seems like he's just completely disappeared from the internet after his breakup with Tamar and now his "breakup" with NIN. I just really hope he continues to stay involved with the NIN camp eventually, because I really dig what he brings to both bands and I really used to dig following him on Twitter/Instagram and checking out what he has to say and being into the artwork he would post there.
    He did for a bit, but check this tweet and subsequent ones. He's actually gone back to being fairly active on Twitter and has been retweeting the NIN Hotline/other throwback shoutouts related to NIN. No reason to believe he's not still on friendly terms.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is great news!

I'm hoping new music and some live shows, maybe like the last time.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    More live shows would be SUPER cool. The multi-camera videos, as great as they are, hardly do justice to the "wow" factor that stage setup had in person.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    My body is ready

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm sitting on my bed spread out with some cigarettes and a bottle of wine waiting for this.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    If they do tour I hope they make it out of the US this time

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    If they do tour I hope they make it out of the US this time
    If not, European HTDA fans road triiiiiiip

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Australia plz, that was a tease getting Mariqueen to sing a couple of songs live here in 2014.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Jesus, how about a REAL fucking tour! didn't they just play eight dates? they didn't come anywhere near texas :/

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Jesus, how about a REAL fucking tour! didn't they just play eight dates? they didn't come anywhere near texas :/
    13 dates, and they played Denver which is only 2 states (and really more like 1 state) away from Texas, so that counts as somewhere near, right?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    13 dates, and they played Denver which is only 2 states (and really more like 1 state) away from Texas, so that counts as somewhere near, right?
    i didnt know, and goddamnit i live about 5 hours away from denver, and half of everyone i have ever known has moved there. Damint, damnit.

Now i wish i could Faceplam my own quote.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Great news. Though tbh I wish they'd get a new vocalist. Mariqueen is a bore and there's no way she'd be a part of this if she wasn't Trents wife. Just keeping it real. She just doesn't have the wow factor and everything from her voice to her on stage presence is so middle of the road.

But I'd listen to a dying cow on vocals if Trent and Atticus made the music so bring it on.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Great news. Though tbh I wish they'd get a new vocalist. Mariqueen is a bore and there's no way she'd be a part of this if she wasn't Trents wife. Just keeping it real. She just doesn't have the wow factor and everything from her voice to her on stage presence is so middle of the road.

But I'd listen to a dying cow on vocals if Trent and Atticus made the music so bring it on.
    I agree mostly but I don't think she's entirely worthless. She just doesn't fit HTDA's music in my opinion. I loved the original EP but the official album Welcome Oblivion I couldn't find anything I much cared for. it's sad really.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    To each their own I guess. I like Mariqueen's voice quite a bit, and while I have imagined a couple songs sung by different vocalists, I've never felt that her vocals were inappropriate.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    To each their own I guess. I like Mariqueen's voice quite a bit, and while I have imagined a couple songs sung by different vocalists, I've never felt that her vocals were inappropriate.
    Her voice just doesn't have much enthusiasm to me most of the time (I guess it has its place in West Indian Girl a bit), considering the fact most of the music on NIN and HTDA is dreary it should fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The music was great and look forward to something new, but them live...Now that was 1 amazing show , saw them in NJ.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

I wish NIN would get a new vocalist

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I wish NIN would get a new vocalist
    https://goo.gl/images/O0lQ0S

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Backing vocals aren't lead vocals, I think NIN needs something fresh. I mean sure, Trent writes all the words and is clearly considered the lead of the band, but that doesn't mean he's not totally disposable

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah, but Mariqueen is.

Though in all honesty, I could get behind a new vocalist. Keep Trent and let him still produce and play. Have him improvise on the keys like he did in 2014.

Its not like he's some amazing vocalist. I could go without him for a tour or two.