Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sigil 5: New HTDA speculations

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    While we are at it, does anybody know of anybody who got into TRs work first through HDTA? Without being aware of NIN at all, I mean.
    Festival-goers? I mean, they played some pretty big sets. You go as a fan of the headliner (someone way different than NIN, so you've quite possibly never heard them) and stop by to see this "Destroy Angels" band. A Trent-free introduction to HTDA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah both of the above are probably true. I was thinking at the time how it must hinder them as well as help them. I mean, it must be pretty difficult for HTDA to be judged on its own merits without always being held up against NIN. And yet they have a ready made audience by association, including those fairly large festival slots mentioned above.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Spent the last hour listening to some favs... been a while ... I'd love to hear some new material soon! Not sure if enough time has passed tho, the last release was fairly remarkable with a lot of elements and images.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^ Okay it's been long enough... I'd love to get MQ's perspective on things. It's been years, and from my own experience, building a family can really churn up some underlying and unknown feelings, opinions, anger, and observations from new and multiple lenses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post
    The music was great and look forward to something new, but them live...Now that was 1 amazing show , saw them in NJ.
    I was there as well, so glad I got to witness one of those shows live. Video's do it no justice.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Great news. Though tbh I wish they'd get a new vocalist. Mariqueen is a bore and there's no way she'd be a part of this if she wasn't Trents wife. Just keeping it real. She just doesn't have the wow factor and everything from her voice to her on stage presence is so middle of the road.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sheridan ate a bag of shrooms and went to see Cats (the movie) last night [check his twitter].. I'm 117% sure it was field research for the next set of HTDA visuals
    Last edited by r_k_f; 01-03-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Has there been any indication that new material is even in the works?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I have a feeling that How To Destroy Angels has gotten somewhat folded into Nine Inch Nails now that Atticus is an official member and Mariqueen has provided some vocal assistance. It might just be a case of everyone being comfortable doing what they're doing under the NIN umbrella, so to speak. I'd love to see more material from them, but it won't be the end of the world for me if they decide to move on from the project.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wouldn’t mind Mariqueen doing lead vocals on the occasional NIN track if that were the case.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Rob on the "end" of HTDA.

Rob, my favorite Twitter personality! What were the band's parting thoughts on HTDA when it had run it's course? I loved the music, art, videos. I took a vacation just to see you guys in Vegas and Garbage the night before. I recall the theater being rather empty though, and couldn't believe people wouldn't turn out for Trent and Co. Maybe it was just a Vegas thing though?

High Level is my jam. First comic I've bought in years. Now it's led me to Saga.

In light of the Oscars, it's a good time to relisten to Parasite!
    I don't know that there were "parting thoughts," because NIN was starting up right at the time of the HTDA tour, and one kind of blended into another, and then HTDA sadly just didn't continue. I really wish we'd had a chance to play more shows on that tour, it's one of the coolest things I've ever worked on and it's a damn shame only 13 cities got to see it!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I wish Trent & Atticus would just work with Rob, Alessandro, and Mariqueen as Nine Inch Nails. Trent did mention more collaboration.

Nine Inch Nails can call their next album How To Destroy Angels to mark the merging of the two. :P

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I wish Trent & Atticus would just work with Rob, Alessandro, and Mariqueen as Nine Inch Nails. Trent did mention more collaboration.

Nine Inch Nails can call their next album How To Destroy Angels to mark the merging of the two. :P
    This would only work if it’s a cover of the Coil classic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm no podiatrist but there's a lot of music related stuff in this photo.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    LOL this reminds me of one of my all-time favorite Seinfeld lines: "George, why would I, a Juilliard-trained dermatologist..."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I imagine you couldn’t fall down without hitting something musical in the Reznor household.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Her skin is looking nice. Extra points for being astrology-orientated like yours truly.

A new sigil would be more than welcome at this point.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    I imagine you couldn’t fall down without hitting something musical in the Reznor household.
    While this is probably pretty true, I'm sure she knows from the master sneaky photo troll himself how to set up details to either hint at something... or just be a complete troll knowing the fans will go crazy speculating.

New HTDA would be awesome, but I'm not going to get my hopes up until something actually happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I refuse to allow myself to hope until I see them in studio together

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    ARG?!?!

No, but seriously, I'm not really sure how that post hints at new HTDA music. She has headphones on...ergo they must be recording new music? She could be listening to anything on those headphones (maybe even some new NIN music), or maybe she just threw them on for the pic. I'd love to hear some new music, but this doesn't feel like a hint or a clue to me.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    No, but seriously, I'm not really sure how that post hints at new HTDA music. She has headphones on...ergo they must be recording new music? She could be listening to anything on those headphones (maybe even some new NIN music), or maybe she just threw them on for the pic. I'd love to hear some new music, but this doesn't feel like a hint or a clue to me.
    It's wild speculation...but it also could be carefully crafted to be a hint. Headphones, various musical shits in the background, likely taken in a studio, caption "...in her natural element". But who knows. I hope it is hinting at new HTDA but I'm not going to Vegas either.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    ARG?!?!

C'mon, how can you have lived through YZ ARG and still believe in coincidences?

Not looking to go too deep here, but TR has previously stated that the music stuff is relatively well contained in the studio and perhaps one dedicated space elsewhere.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What if it's new West Indian Girl album

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    C'mon, how can you have lived through YZ ARG and still believe in coincidences?
    Because I also lived through Add Violence

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I heard they plan on doing a romantic duet cover of Only, changing the lyrics to "There is no you, there is only WE!"

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I heard they plan on doing a romantic duet cover of Only, changing the lyrics to "There is no you, there is only WE!"
    Followed shortly after with the Constipation Mix (“there is no poo, there is only pee.”)