Thread: Sigil 5: New HTDA speculations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Ross and Mrs. Reznor performing on NIN records, Cortini in NIN, Sheridan on sabbatical; this project is on indefinite hiatus presumably. the LP was a true grower and something of a curio, if the band is over. I liked the EP from the start.
    I liked both EPs, but Welcome Oblivion was what really impressed me. Although I LOVED the video for The Space in Between. That video is amazing. I agree though, if this band does release more material or tour again, I think the lineup is likely to be slightly different. I feel like Rob will be absent, but I hope he returns to NIN or HTDA at some point in the future. Maybe for a 10-year anniversary edition of The Slip or Ghosts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also, does the soundtrack work render obsolete any future Ghosts releases? Ghosts really opened that door, and maybe future volumes are unnecessary. Reznor's quote about the '80 tracks' they've worked on, you'd think they could scrape together a Ghosts release, but they were all just practice tracks. At any rate, HTDA was underrated. Cheers

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Reznor's quote about the '80 tracks' they've worked on, you'd think they could scrape together a Ghosts release, but they were all just practice tracks.
    Yeah, it would be a shame if 80 (!!!) tracks were just thrown away. They might not meet his standards, but I bet it's still awesome. I'm sure mostly everyone here would be interested in hearing it too.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-07-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Also, does the soundtrack work render obsolete any future Ghosts releases? Ghosts really opened that door, and maybe future volumes are unnecessary. Reznor's quote about the '80 tracks' they've worked on, you'd think they could scrape together a Ghosts release, but they were all just practice tracks. At any rate, HTDA was underrated. Cheers
    I would say that Ghosts definitely evolved into their score work. I can't really see them doing another Ghosts album if score composition fulfills that need, but never say never with Trent and Atticus.