Page 139 of 147 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Wow. My head hurts after this one.

"Senator Franken has admitted wrongdoing and the president hasn't."

When I saw that quote in a headline, my honest-to-god interpretation was that it was a liberal speaking out against the fact that at least Democrats are owning up to their actions while Republicans continue to hide in the bushes, pretend nothing happened, ignore their own faults, and then lash out at anyone in the opposite party when they misstep.

Nope....SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS in her defense of Trump.

The guy who has been accused of multiple accounts of sexual assault.

The guy who was literally recorded saying his wealth allows him to do whatever he wants, including "grab 'em by the pussy".

The guy who has insinuated that he wouldn't have assaulted someone because they weren't hot enough for it.

It's not even 8am and I feel like I need a drink. Jesus christ, this administration is fucked beyond belief, and tens of millions of people still support him as their savior reincarnated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Paraphrasing of recent Trump tweet showing his thin skin and desire to be a dictator: "I should have just left those basketball players in jail in China, even though they THANKED me for getting them out. Why? Because the father of one of them dared to question my involvement in their release!"
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DJ0R4

He's essentially saying that people should be jailed on behalf of RELATIVES who dare question the supreme leader. The parents of the other ones could be thanking him as well, but he would rather have an excuse to get back at the one skeptic, rather than, say, explain how he was involved in their release.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1DL0EA

This is what happens when your Secretary of State is only there because his business buddy asked him to and his wife told him that "God wants you to do it" (not kidding)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    the pilot got grounded over this... seems a bit harsh for just something dumb.
    One of the local Fox affiliate websites carrying this story starts the preview of the story with - and the all caps is theirs - "WARNING: ARTICLE CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES"

You've gotta be fucking shitting me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    So about that net neutrality...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Aw goddamnit

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    There will be a special place in hell reserved for that corporate piece of shit Ajit Pai. We HAVE to get money out of politics to prevent appointments like this from happening in the future. He literally is going to ruin everything we hold dear on the internet. What a greedy, disgusting pig. I want nothing more than to spit in his fucking face. That goofy, big lipped shit-eating grin he always shows is enraging.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I imagine this is what is happening to Charlie Manson right now and what will be waiting for GWOTUS:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    People were so pissed off about it yesterday that they literally broke Resistbot (you just got a text back that said "I'm on fire right now, but they're working on it" instead of further instructions on how to reach your officials.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Holy shit have you guys been keeping up??

Read the twitter thread below.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trump just tweeted the following:

"We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me). They are all bad. Winner to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!"

He's a master troll that's for sure.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Your favorite president (me).

Jfc. He sounds like king frat boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Trump just tweeted the following:

"We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me). They are all bad. Winner to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!"

He's a master troll that's for sure.
    I just heard on the news that today was the deadline for Kushner to release info to the investigation. Always look at what is going on when Trump tries to drum up a diversion like this.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sounds about right coming from a fake president.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I just heard on the news that today was the deadline for Kushner to release info to the investigation. Always look at what is going on when Trump tries to drum up a diversion like this.
    WAS. Key word. As of this afternoon:

"Mr. Kushner's counsel and staff from both the Majority and Minority spoke last week to go over the Committee's requests and a schedule for producing additional information," Lowell said in a statement. "There is no current deadline as both the Committee and Mr. Kushner's counsel are working in good faith to produce whatever else may be responsive and relevant to the Committee's inquiry."

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    It's a sad, sad, sad state of affairs when an headline like this can exist in one of the most respected newspapers in the country - not because it feels slanderous or overly opinionated, but because the entire article does nothing but spout off polling data that backs up its claim.

From the Washington Post:

Deeply unpopular Congress aims to pass deeply unpopular bill for deeply unpopular president to sign

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I remember when news was news and not a string of superlatives that nudged your opinion in a certain direction instead of letting you decide how you feel for yourself.

Whether or not the headline is accurate as written isn't even the point. News should never EVER be written in such a way unless it's labeled as an opinion piece. But it happens on both sides of the political spectrum. Left alone, plenty of people would be naturally inclined to see the current administration as a raging shithole. Planting and enhancing the idea the way this headline does is simply an insult to anyone interested in making up their own mind.

I hate the news. But I want to stay informed, so I don't have a lot of choice unless I want to be completely isolated from everything that happens in the world beyond my immediate neighborhood.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    was watching arrival last night good movie BTW. so I was thinking. what would happen if we made first contact during a trump presidency, 1. he would immediately offend them by calling them"little green men" 2. try and build a wall around the planet. 3. obviously there's no intelligent life here and leave.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I remember when news was news and not a string of superlatives that nudged your opinion in a certain direction instead of letting you decide how you feel for yourself.

Whether or not the headline is accurate as written isn't even the point. News should never EVER be written in such a way unless it's labeled as an opinion piece. But it happens on both sides of the political spectrum. Left alone, plenty of people would be naturally inclined to see the current administration as a raging shithole. Planting and enhancing the idea the way this headline does is simply an insult to anyone interested in making up their own mind.

I hate the news. But I want to stay informed, so I don't have a lot of choice unless I want to be completely isolated from everything that happens in the world beyond my immediate neighborhood.
    Uhhh...it IS an opinion piece. And it's labeled as such. Did you read the header?

Filed under Politics > Analysis. Hover over that word (in the header on their site) if you don't know WaPo's usage of it in their filing scheme.

Interpretation of the news based on evidence, including data, as well as anticipating how events might unfold based on past events
    But let's pretend it wasn't an opinion piece. Every once in a great while, when things are at their absolute worst, sometimes you just need to call a spade a spade. And if you can back it up with unbiased evidence, then I say go for it. I wouldn't want this to be the norm; I don't want to see this type of reporting every single day. But now and then, a situation so ridiculously messed up as this just calls for those with a voice to speak up and grab people's attention.

You've got a president who literally calls anyone who disagrees with him or calls him out when he lies "FAKE NEWS" (all caps are his own) to his millions of followers. The time for pussyfooting around him and his policies with every single headline has been killed by his own infantile behavior. He brought this on himself.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    He didn't though, because this sort of trend was already well established. He IS encouraging it and he IS feeding on it and that's true, so he has no room to complain when it bites him back, but it's the American desire for entertainment above actual facts that is at fault here. The American people created Trump just like they created the sort of exploitive environment in which he thrives. Trump is an American made monster, and until the people take responsibility for this shitty environment they've created, we're going to keep getting more and more people just like Trump. Mainstream media could easily become more responsible at how they report the news, but they instead choose to keep playing this stupid game right back at him. Blame Trump for a lot of shit because he certainly deserves it, but the media is 100%complicit and needs to be held just as accountable.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The media gives Trump LOTS of constant attention, good and bad, from the time he entered the Primary until now.

But the reason WHY he gets so much press and attention is $$$$. The media doesn't give people what they don't want; otherwise, people would go elsewhere. If MSNBC spent a few weeks covering Barry Manilow's colonoscopy, complete with polls and diagrams and photos, they'd likely lose 90% of their audience and advertisers. If Fox News covered Paul Ryan's colonoscopy, ditto. It still has to be interesting to the audience.

Trump didn't create this, the media didn't create this; Trump and the media are merely capitalizing on an opportunity.

This isn't chicken and egg, here.

Having a black guy in the White House caused a backlash.

Trump trademarked "Make America Great Again" in 2008, the year Obama won the first term. Trump's PT Barnum, he saw this was going to happen and he capitalized on it.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-29-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The media gives Trump LOTS of constant attention, good and bad, from the time he entered the Primary until now.

But the reason WHY he gets so much press and attention is $$$$. The media doesn't give people what they don't want; otherwise, people would go elsewhere. If MSNBC spent a few weeks covering Barry Manilow's colonoscopy, complete with polls and diagrams and photos, they'd likely lose 90% of their audience and advertisers. If Fox News covered Paul Ryan's colonoscopy, ditto. It still has to be interesting to the audience.

Trump didn't create this, the media didn't create this; Trump and the media are merely capitalizing on an opportunity.

This isn't chicken and egg, here.

Having a black guy in the White House caused a backlash.
    I agree with everything you've said here. The only way things will change in this area is if people stop feeding into it, but that's unlikely to happen in my lifetime. Reality TV is still king because that's what people watch, even if they watch it just to complain about it. That last bit happens a lot more than people admit. How many folks do we all know who will trash a show like the Kardashians but still seem to know everything that goes on with it? Guilty pleasures. REALLY guilty in some cases, heh.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    was watching arrival last night good movie BTW. so I was thinking. what would happen if we made first contact during a trump presidency, 1. he would immediately offend them by calling them"little green men" 2. try and build a wall around the planet. 3. obviously there's no intelligent life here and leave.
    -Louie
    It's funny you mention this, actually, because I saw Arrival in theater sometime in late November or maybe early December, and as stupid as it may sound, in my mind there's a strong link between that movie and my post-election state of mind.

I watched it again a couple weeks ago and it instantly transported me back to that time period. Everything felt so bleak and depressing. Plus my friend and I drove through a fucking miserable snowstorm talking about pizzagate and how our entire society was becoming psychotic. And then the movie starts and it's got all these desaturated colors and this deep droning soundtrack and this ominous feeling. It was like a perfect representation of my emotional state at that time.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trump just named Kellyanne Conway to lead White House initiatives against the opioid overdose epidemic.

Because you know.... she has zero experience in this field.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Trump just named Kellyanne Conway to lead White House initiatives against the opioid overdose epidemic.

Because you know.... she has zero experience in this field.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I'm honestly amazed how Stupid trump actually is. I didn't think it was humanly possible to make stupid decisions at a constant level, i'm honestly impressed at the level of stupidity he shows and doesn't give a shit about it

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm honestly amazed how Stupid trump actually is. I didn't think it was humanly possible to make stupid decisions at a constant level, i'm honestly impressed at the level of stupidity he shows and doesn't give a shit about it
    And I think in the process, he's making us feel stupid. Please, someone. Please, someone -
    Last edited by ltrandazzo; 11-30-2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: NOPE. DON'T DO THIS. NO.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    pretty sure her and sara are both users to be able to sleep @ night
    -louie

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    MoreDonald J. Trump Retweeted Sarah Sanders
    Great, and we should boycott Fake News CNN. Dealing with them is a total waste of time!
    I know this is just stupid little thing, but.. what? what the fuck? This statement alone is something I just can't really comprehend.