Page 37 of 147 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    trump1
    trəmp/
    noun

• (in bridge, whist, and similar card games) a playing card of the suit chosen to rank above the others, which can win a trick where a card of a different suit has been led.
      • a valuable resource that may be used, especially as a surprise, in order to gain an advantage.
        noun: trump card
        "in this month General Haig decided to play his trump card: the tank"

Last name: Trump

This early English medieval surname is derived from the pre 8th century Olde French 'Trompeor', and as such was introduced by the Norman invaders of England in 1066. It is a metonymic or job descriptive name either for a trumpeter or a maker of trumpets, and is recorded in the modern forms of Trump and Trumper.

He seems to see everything as a game to always be number 1 in...and he sure knows how to toot his own horn....
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 02-08-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    That is a House Bill introduced by ONE person; it may not survive one day. Any Congressperson can introduce a Bill.
    I know that, but it has early support, and these ideas to dismantle the EPA and DoE echo Reagan efforts. http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...t-of-education

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I know that, but it has early support, and these ideas to dismantle the EPA and DoE echo Reagan efforts. http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...t-of-education
    I actually agree with this:

Massie believes that policymakers at the state and local levels should be responsible for education policy, instead of a federal agency that’s been in place since 1980
    Some of our biggest education disasters have been DoE mandates from Washington (No Child Left Behind, Common Core, endless and useless mandatory testing, etc.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin was amongst those who voted in favor of nominating Jeff Sessions, perhaps in an effort to help the Democrats descend into self-parody of the goddamn joke the entire party has become. Who or what exactly are they even standing for?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    Oh, hey look, it's the guy who claims to be "classical liberal" whilst using the Quebec shooting to justify Trump's Muslim ban when him and the Breitbart base he panders to for subscribers initially thought said shooting was carried out by a Muslim.
    and that thought process is why this piece of shit was kicked to the curb by TYT. Yes, I'm slightly bias. Cenk can do almost no wrong in my eyes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Manchin is a total piece of shit but he's trying desperately to hold onto his seat in a backwards as fuck state.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    since alex jones was posted meme magic the cult of kek and pepe the frog https://pepethefrogfaith.wordpress.com/
    -louie
    Absolutely amazing... reminds me of Dion Fortune waging a magickal war against the Nazis

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Conway literally told Fox viewers to buy Ivanka's merchandise.

Is this even legal? That's a taxpayer sponsored commercial for Ivanka's brand.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Conway literally told Fox viewers to buy Ivanka's merchandise.

Is this even legal? That's a taxpayer sponsored commercial for Ivanka's brand.
    exact reason we have nepotism laws but trump he don't need no stinking laws
    -louie

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    They are so desperate... people like duke go on and on about how Zionism and Jews are the enemy... I don't agree with that obviously, but in trump you have a staunchly pro Israel individual who has spoken at an AIPAC conference and told Netanyahu on Twitter to "hang in there" and wait for his presidency

????????

How does this fit into their worldview

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The same way poor people vote Republican: Cognitive dissonance & single-issue voting.

To cut the snark a little: I know that current Democratic leaders don't exactly have their pulse on the poor voters either but in a historical sense, they at least try. Maybe they should do more of that in the future?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    They are so desperate... people like duke go on and on about how Zionism and Jews are the enemy... I don't agree with that obviously, but in trump you have a staunchly pro Israel individual who has spoken at an AIPAC conference and told Netanyahu on Twitter to "hang in there" and wait for his presidency

????????

Not to mention has a Jewish son-in-law

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Looks like Conway definitely went too far by promoting Ivanka merchandise.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We should do a poll on how long we think Trump will last before he's ousted or gives up.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I know that current Democratic leaders don't exactly have their pulse on the poor voters either but in a historical sense, they at least try. Maybe they should do more of that in the future?
    Obama, Biden and Bill Clinton all pushed heavily in the past election for the Hillary campaign to focus more on grassroots organizing and connecting with blue collar workers. They didn't, and they became overconfident, and imagined that we lived in a demographic map from twenty years from now, and it cost them big time. Sanders was all about that mentality and in turn got derided for not going all-out on identity politics 24/7. People like Elizabeth Warren are all about representing the working class and I'd say she's the strongest face of the party right now, especially after the "nevertheless, she persisted" fuck-up by McConnell. I think it's wrong to characterize the Democratic party as a party that isn't trying to do that, it just stumbled big-time recently and if anything it seems to have served as a wake-up call for many.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

????????

The rest of Duke's sentence, that he didn't type, is "from black people."

"Mr Trump's appointments of Bannon, Flynn and Sessions are the first step in the project of taking America back from black people." (Or anyone who is not "European American.")

See his "our people" Tweet.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-09-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The rest of Duke's sentence, that he didn't type, is "from black people."

"Mr Trump's appointments of Bannon, Flynn and Sessions are the first step in the project of taking America back from black people." (Or anyone who is not "European American.")

See his "our people" Tweet.
    Sure but there is still the glaring discrepancy between supporting pro Israel trump and their worldview - these are people who won't watch movies made by film studios that have Jewish executives... who repeatedly state that political parties and candidates infiltrated by what they call "ZOG" are the #2 enemy (after Jews themselves)... It's totally at odds with their whole ideology

Obviously, they're a bunch of stupid deluded hypocrites, but usually they maintain a consistency with their narrative, hence languishing at the fringes of politics and society. It makes me wonder if there has actually been some kind of reassurance given to them

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Conway encouraging people to run out and buy Ivanka's crap is illegal, and it highlights the gross conflict of interest on display here with this administration. Congressman Ted Lieu has been amazing in stepping up to the plate and calling them out for all their insanity, and he's called on the Office of Government Ethics to investigate Conway for this.

NPR weighing in on Trump's business ties: "Even if his sons or other associates are named as the officers of the various businesses, the profits flow back to one person: Donald J. Trump."

However, fuck it all... just in: Trump talks to Putin... about nukes

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Looks like Conway definitely went too far by promoting Ivanka merchandise.

So someone told her "don't do that again" and she's free to go about her business as usual.

Super helpful.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    So someone told her "don't do that again" and she's free to go about her business as usual.

Super helpful.
    bigly.

(i am really dreading what all of this is going to do for canadians who want to make canada great again.)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    We should do a poll on how long we think Trump will last before he's ousted or gives up.
    I'm in. I'm going with 1 year tops.

I read today that he has already filed re-election papers.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post

Why wouldn't he? He had the biggest turnout for opening day. He won the popular vote by millions. The only polls to claim to have bad news about him have been fake ones. Why on earth wouldn't you take advantage of such blatant popularity?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post

He filed for re-election something like 5 or so hours after being sworn in. This has NEVER been done before.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-09-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Not sure if that's supposed to be satire or just fake news click-bait...

...but it sounds like Trump is going to ramp up the war on drugs again, and that he will be "ruthless, we gotta be." Slow your roll, Easy D

This just in: Travel ban to remain blocked, for now
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-09-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

.com.de
    It's not CNN.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Just so we're clear, that's not CNN. It's literally a fake news site.

I'm only posting this because there was no disclaimer at all in your post, and no indication given as to whether it was understood to be fake news. Just making sure we're all on the same page here.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Not sure if that's supposed to be satire or just fake news click-bait...

...but it sounds like Trump is going to ramp up the war on drugs again, and that he will be "ruthless, we gotta be." Slow your roll, Easy D

This just in: Travel ban to remain blocked, for now
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    .com.de
    It's not CNN.
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Just so we're clear, that's not CNN. It's literally a fake news site.

I'm only posting this because there was no disclaimer at all in your post, and no indication given as to whether it was understood to be fake news. Just making sure we're all on the same page here.
    I'm aware but I still posted it as it pertained to the thread subject.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm aware but I still posted it as it pertained to the thread subject.
    You posted a link to a false news website parading as if it were legit, with no comment on pointing out it was not a real news article. We were simply making sure you, and everyone coming to this thread, realize this is not a real news source.