Page 92 of 147 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Also, I've ordered Pete Souza's Obama book; can't wait until November!!

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/20...-souza/508052/

Last edited by allegro; 07-10-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    funny you never see trump with any children other than his own and his reflection in the mirror
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Also, I've ordered Pete Souza's Obama book; can't wait until November!!
    I snagged a copy of this one in mint condition for a buck at a thrift store. At the time I was still working for the paper and Souza's was already a household name in my place. Somehow I missed that he had a new one coming out. Gonna have to wait until prices drop though; don't have the cash for that kind of expense right now sadly.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I snagged a copy of this one in mint condition for a buck at a thrift store. At the time I was still working for the paper and Souza's was already a household name in my place. Somehow I missed that he had a new one coming out. Gonna have to wait until prices drop though; don't have the cash for that kind of expense right now sadly.
    The price will likely come down for the hardcover version.

He has an awesome Instagram feed, constantly throwing shade at Trump 😎

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The price will likely come down for the hardcover version.

He has an awesome Instagram feed, constantly throwing shade at Trump 
    Yeah I check it from time to time, but since I don't have an account it only happens when I happen to be thinking about it. I love his style (both in terms of his editorial photography and the timeliness of his posts / captions). And yeah, guarantee that by November next year the book will be under $20. Don't get me wrong, his work is absolutely worth retail price and I would buy it without hesitation if I were better off - I just don't have that much fun money.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Wondering if that NYT story about Trump Jr., Kushner and Manafort meeting with Russian lawyer will have some legs.
    Looks pretty damaging to me. They knew in advance that they were going in to get damaging info on Clinton.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Russian lawyer says her intent of meeting was always the Magnitsky Act, but Jr had other ideas:

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/...icle-1.3317263

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    US President Donald Trump's son has released an email chain showing he was offered "sensitive" information on Hillary Clinton by a Russian national.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40574564

...well

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Why would he release those emails?
    They look pretty incriminating as far as "intent" goes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's worth noting that he only released them because he learned the press had them.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Why would he release those emails?
    They look pretty incriminating as far as "intent" goes.
    I'm not sure that digging up dirt on the opposition is "illegal" in this country; it's dirty pool, but dirty pool is synonymous with much of politics. Unfortunately. I really hate Don Jr., though, he's such a stupid insipid pus bag.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I'm not sure that digging up dirt on the opposition is "illegal" in this country; it's dirty pool, but dirty pool is synonymous with much of politics. Unfortunately. I really hate Don Jr., though, he's such a stupid insipid pus bag.
    So you can be in touch with foreign governments via intermediaries in order to get dirt on opponents?
    In that case, what's the fuss with the whole Trump/Russia thing if it's perfectly legal business.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    My guess is that the difference lies between whether the laywer who met with Team Trump could be proven to be a representative of the Russian government working on direct orders to assist the campaign, vs her simply being a Russian citizen privately offering up dirt. Am I close?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My guess is that the difference lies between whether the laywer who met with Team Trump could be proven to be a representative of the Russian government working on direct orders to assist the campaign, vs her simply being a Russian citizen privately offering up dirt. Am I close?
    The MOTIVE and INTENT is the real question, here. ALL the other Trump ties to Russia seem to point to Russia using the people on the Trump team for their own benefit; obviously, the benefit isn't "we like Trump better." The question becomes, "Why did Russia want Trump to win SO badly?" Vendetta? Nah, that's stupid. Billions in trade and financial deals benefitting Russia? Yup, more likely.

Then, the question becomes: Did the Trump team KNOW of Russia's intent? Was the Trump team's intent the same?

I linked an article earlier that pointed out that the Trump family hides in plain sight, as a diversion.

Trump kept INSISTING that the election was "rigged" and warned of what might happen if he didn't win due to a rigged election; he didn't indicate what would happen if he was the one doing the rigging. So, by him crying wolf first, nobody is looking at him. Oh but they ARE, now.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-12-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I mean the actual text of the email says it all no?

"“The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.”"
    The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

To which Trump Jr. responded “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

From what I gathered so far Trump Jr. have violated FEC law but that would only result in fines.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    reading this right now: https://www.audible.com/pd/Nonfictio...SAAEgIc_PD_BwE which is really good when you see the ties with Russia how deep and convoluted they are I doubt they will even get to the bottom truely the crime of the century, makes Benedict Arnold look very small time
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

"“The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.”"
    The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

To which Trump Jr. responded “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

From what I gathered so far Trump Jr. have violated FEC law but that would only result in fines.
    Now there is word that there were no documents at all, and the info was either faked or a setup. The INTENT of the Trump team meeting to obtain possibly confidential docs is interesting; there is no proof that the Trump team would release the data, if it existed; this doesn't appear to be a smoking gun in and of itself; it DOES paint Jr as ruthless.

But the REALLY IMPORTANT part of the emails is pointed out in this article:

https://www.vox.com/2017/7/11/159538...r-email-russia

The new information contained in the email is that the crown prosecutor of Russia (Goldstone is British and is using a Britishism for referring to a high-level prosecutor) has some official documents that he would be interested in passing to Trump through a back channel.

But the larger existence of a Russian government campaign to support the Trump campaign is simply taken for granted, with no further context or explanation.

Read the whole email (emphasis added):

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best

Rob Goldstone
    Last edited by allegro; 07-11-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I only know one thing: Anything that calls Trump Jr out as the total piece of shit that he is makes me warm and fuzzy.

That family is so far removed from reality, it has completely lost touch with what is truly ethical.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Ldon't you get it yet the law only applies to the poor and only when "they" are trying to get our money, again everyone in his circle has ties to Russia, he knows he can continue to distract and tweet and no one will do anything, Putin is laughing his ass off right now.
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 07-11-2017 at 04:08 PM. Reason: ohh you know

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    It does specifically say that this is all at the behest of the Russian government's wishes.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    A true national hero is what David Letterman is.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    "I think we ought to direct our resources and our energies to doing something about it."

I mean....Special Counsel Mueller Lets His Actions Do the Talking: 15 Hires, More to Come

It's not like no one's doing anything. But you can't just go "wow, that guy's a shithead, he's not allowed to be president anymore". Much as the whole world, minus a depressingly large contingent of genuinely and depressingly ignorant Americans, would like to see it happen, it just isn't that simple. The Dairy Queen joke fell flat with me. The Commander in Chief is so unbelievably different from a fast food franchise when it comes to personnel changes that it just struck me as a pretty stupid statement.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    "I think we ought to direct our resources and our energies to doing something about it."

I mean....Special Counsel Mueller Lets His Actions Do the Talking: 15 Hires, More to Come

It's not like no one's doing anything. But you can't just go "wow, that guy's a shithead, he's not allowed to be president anymore". Much as the whole world, minus a depressingly large contingent of genuinely and depressingly ignorant Americans, would like to see it happen, it just isn't that simple. The Dairy Queen joke fell flat with me. The Commander in Chief is so unbelievably different from a fast food franchise when it comes to personnel changes that it just struck me as a pretty stupid statement.
    The Dairy Queen thing is apt. He's rampantly incompetent. The only reason he's president is because he was born rich enough to have somebody ghost-write a memoir about how awesome it is that he's rich, and that he found a voting base that hated people who weren't white.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    and that he found a voting base that hated people who weren't white.
    Or men

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    President Trump sued for blocking people on Twitter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40577858

I must admit this did make me laugh

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Wow ... talk about timing. Donald can't just help himself.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/884900796957171712

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

I think he meant that Trump isn't even qualified to manage a DQ, let alone a country; the implication is that he'd be fired for running something so small as a DQ, so he absolutely should be fired for trying to be President.

I think he meant re "doing something" is a huge effort toward the midterm elections etc.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    between what he said what he said during his campaign the email manafort, Flynn prebus yates, comey, I would think it's pretty clear, what went on again he'll, use twitter and fox to keep distracting, meanwhile America is a joke i guess we have different definitions of great is now back to my fiddle
    -Louie