Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    scary video:
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    So, what I wanted to ask/discuss is this: How are you guys IN the US actually experiencing this? Is this at all a true diagnosis? Or is that just an arrogant European perspective? I'd really like to know since this is pretty much the only place where I'm in contact with people from the US.
    See also:

Honestly, this is reasonably accurate depiction of political leanings and core values.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    the white educated progressives are coming in force, in 4 years there will be no such thing as the southern strategy.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    the white educated progressives are coming in force, in 4 years there will be no such thing as the southern strategy.
    -Louie
    And in 8 years there will be no such thing as "educated" because no one will be able to afford to go to school anymore.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    And in 8 years there will be no such thing as "educated" because no one will be able to afford to go to school anymore.
    i want to believe this not to be true
    -louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    usa today (the comic book of news) editorial on Trump presidency: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ates/91295020/ or calling 187 on a mother fucking flop!http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42328467
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 12-13-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And now out of the White House is Omarosa.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Couple hours ago vs 20 minutes ago.

Omarosa Manigault Newman, who achieved a measure of fame playing a villain on “The Apprentice” and cemented a relationship with President Trump that led to a White House appointment, will be leaving her position in January, the administration said on Wednesday.Ms. Newman “resigned yesterday to pursue other opportunities,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, said in a statement. “Her departure will not be effective until Jan. 20, 2018. We wish her the best in future endeavors and are grateful for her service.”

Trump administration aide Omarosa Manigault Newman reportedly set off White House alarms in an attempt to gain access to the residence after learning that she had been fired from her job.
    According to a report from CBS News, Manigault Newman tried to enter the White House residence after chief of staff John Kelly told her that her employment in the administration would end in January.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm surprised she lasted this long. She's a real bitch.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    she's trying to spin it as an honer issues shying there are no other black people in the white house, my total lack of surprise is this big "." what did she even do? i just remember her meeting with veterans on heath care, you remember trump the "draft dodger", who was all about the veterans.
    -louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I can't imagine being the only black person in the Trump White House. I'm sure many of you here have had bosses who make off color jokes and you find yourselves rolling your eyes at them, even if you're not a person of color. So imagine being in her position when Trump says something like "hey, the White Supremacists aren't to blame for the violence at their Nazi rally". I can't even imagine how much that would screw with me mentally.

But I'm also seeing a picture painted that she allegedly had extremely open access to the president, and used it in a way that sounds very Tom Yates / House of Cards-ish. Like just wandering into the residence to chat, strolling into meetings she wasn't invited to and derailing them, etc. And once the new Chief of Staff came in he went "wait a minute - that's not how the White House works" (which I agree with) and tried to force her into a more structured and professional role. So now, you're working for a boss who clearly doesn't give a flying fuck about your entire race and you've lost the ability to try to talk to him about that without setting up formal meetings via someone who will probably make scheduling those nearly impossible?

Gee, can't see how that would possibly end poorly.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Technically, Roy Moore is not a pedo. Pedos are sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children.
    I also sometimes call him Pedo Satan, and technically he isn't Satan, just a minor devil.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I'm just wary of the lionization of certain voting groups because of the fact that they'll vote blue when what the Democratic party should be doing is appealing to all groups through better image, candidates, accountability, etc. One wonders if your random, 'average' white family actually agrees with what the GOP is doing or if your random, 'average' black family actually agrees with the platform of the DNC.
    Well, with headlines like "Black Voters Elected Doug Jones," I'm not sure they're trying to "lionize" anyone, but just saying: "Hey, take note. Stop acting like these people don't matter in US politics." I think both parties are guilty of devaluing non-white voters and not taking them very seriously.

That said, it's the Republicans who are basically at war with black americans. They universally oppose affirmative action, they pump out fear-mongering propaganda against Black Lives Matter, they always take the side of the police, they cheer on the war on drugs and the prison industry and all the other programs systematically designed to disenfranchise blacks, they constantly work to dismantle any state program that might begin to offer a glimmer of restoration for the centuries of mistreatment that black Americans have endured. They always show their true allegiances, every single time. That whole party is fundamentally against black Americans.

Which is why I was annoyed after the 2016 election when I started seeing people like "See, this shows why the Dems need to move away from identity politics." This, to me, is just a round about way of saying "Dems fucked up by not prioritizing the fears/concerns of racist whites. Next time, put them first." And it's wrong. It's not just morally wrong, but it's also strategically wrong, as the Doug Jones election shows.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omarosa
    There were a lot of things that I observed during the last year that I was very unhappy with, that I was very uncomfortable with. I'm not going to expand on it because I still have to go back and work with these individuals, but when I have a chance to tell my story, Michael, quite a story to tell as the only African-American woman in this White House as a senior staff and assistant to the president, I have seen things that made me uncomfortable, that have upset me, that have affected me deeply and emotionally, that has affected my community and my people. And when I can tell my story, it is a profound story that I know the world will want to hear
    huh.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    huh.
    desperately trying to make it to minute 16
    -Louie

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    huh.
    I'll translate:

SOMEONE GIVE ME A BOOK DEAL

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    FCC just repealed net neutrality.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I also sometimes call him Pedo Satan, and technically he isn't Satan, just a minor devil.
    We must be very careful now with the terms we use....even in jest........ the pendulum is swinging far in one direction.... definitely necessary as a corrective... however... it has swung too far... and once the new cultural norms are established, the extremism we are facing now will subside somewhat....and some of our jokes will be allowed again......

but this is a time of upheaval and re-assessment... a cultural shift for the better of society.....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Time to disconnect.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I hope Ajit Pai burns alive

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Congress can stop it but i don't much faith in that happening at all.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Time to disconnect.
    time going to go stand in front of a Verizon store fuck these people
    -Louie

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    time going to go stand in front of a Verizon store fuck these people
    -Louie
    there were supposed to be some huge protests at verizon stores last Thursday but i didn't really see anything about it as a result.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    there were supposed to be some huge protests at Verizon stores last Thursday but i didn't really see anything about it as a result.
    there not going to listen this is like citizen united rich corps own the government they have bought who and what they want now we are much like the boiling frog analogy slowly strip away your freedom and by the time you notice it's too late, i just hope people wake up get loud and angry and take action
    -Louie

by

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is it wrong that I wish Ajit Pai gets cancer? Especially after he posts this video mocking net neutrality supporters...

http://www.pcgamer.com/smirking-fcc-...ffer_pcgamerfb

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    he thinks he's cute like his coffee cup just another greedy unaware asshole
    -Louie

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trump's judicial nominee to serve as a federal judge for the US District Court for the District of Columbia.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Is it wrong that I wish Ajit Pai gets cancer? Especially after he posts this video mocking net neutrality supporters...

http://www.pcgamer.com/smirking-fcc-...ffer_pcgamerfb
    That’s probably a little extreme. I’d much rather see him indicted for something criminal like Martin Shkreli, then watch as his career slowly burns.

Then, when it is done, and his life is ashes, then you have my permission to smash his coffee mug.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    There are worse things to life than death. Steve Bannon is proof of this.