Thread: Beetlejuice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Beetlejuice

I'm referring to both the movie and the cartoon. I also saw a few mentions and references to Beetlejuice here, with some made also by me and wondered if there were fans of both the movie and cartoon since it actually has a greater cult following than I thought it did with both the movie and cartoon already being the enormous cult classics they are. I was also extremely hyped to see that The Complete Series of the cartoon series was also released officially on DVD through Amazon.com in 2013 and can only hope that it'll last there since it really is an Amazon Exclusive. I made sure to get it as quickly as I can as soon as I realized that it was on there as I thought that Beetlejuice was one of those TV shows that would've never ever see the light of day on DVD.

As for the movie, I also got it on DVD and it's the 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition. For some reason, both the movie and TV show kept slipping my mind, but after re-watching them several times, it reminded me what I loved so much about both of them. The humor, the puns and gags as well as the stories and friendship/bond/relationship between Beetlejuice and Lydia. (At least in the cartoon's lore/universe.)

I'll also admit that I saw the cartoon way before the movie so I was very confused at first when I saw that Beetlejuice and Lydia weren't anywhere near best friends at all, but I still enjoyed it thoroughly nonetheless.

As far as the sequel, which seems to be called Beetlejuice 2, there was speculation of that being in the works since 2012, but aside from that, not much has been confirmed. It all still seems unlikely anyway because there was another sequel that didn't get made which was called Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian, and it was announced in 1991. It's been so long since I watched and looked up anything related to Beetlejuice, let alone me watching any Beetlejuice at all that I just completely forgot about that too.

Anyway, for those of you that are actual fans of Beetlejuice, I also just wanted to know what your thoughts/opinions of the movie and/or cartoon were as of now.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-10-2017 at 05:26 AM.