Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    APC tour about to be announced for Fall. Playing Arenas. Co-headliner?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post

Where are you seeing this?...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Eh. I hope not. I'm more for a Trent handpicked opener and more time for NIN.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Doesn't it say 'rare' nin appearance on the news page of nin.com. I wouldn't get my hopes up

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    APC has been putting on one of the best shows of the year so far. I highly doubt that a co-headlining tour will happen but I'd be more than happy about it.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Where are you seeing this?...
    I'd like to know this as well.
    Dammit, I better not have jumped the gun buying tickets to aftershock lol.

As long as NIN is 100% not touring anymore than these 4 festival shows, that will justify me going down there.
    Least if APC does do their own tour, I wouldn't feel bad skipping out or missing half their set at Aftershock if it clashes with NIN.

But then again, the chances of that even coming anywhere close to me is remotely slim anyway, since they don't like coming to Canada.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-14-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'd like to know this as well.
    Dammit, I better not have jumped the gun buying tickets to aftershock lol.
    I think @Cecil is full of poo/trolling, or has some inside info from down under. More than likely the former. Unless Maynard has some financial issues he (most likely) won't be touring during harvest. It s getting late in the game to announce a summer tour. It who knows.

Spill the beans Cecil!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think @Cecil is full of poo/trolling, or has some inside info from down under. More than likely the former. Unless Maynard has some financial issues he (most likely) won't be touring during harvest. It s getting late in the game to announce a summer tour. It who knows.

Spill the beans Cecil!
    Wow tough crowd... Being down under I was asleep, and not checking ETS...

It could obviously be a few shows, and not a tour per se, but without knowing too much about the size of APC in America, would they be able to do an Arena tour themselves? They would struggle here definitely, but obviously a different market.

http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/13/news/perfect-circle-fall-tour-rumored/

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    So, I'm hearing 3D glasses are being sent to FYF 3 day pass holders and Sunday only pass holders.

Edit: I can't link to it right now but info is on FYF Reddit and inforoo FYF thread.
    It's for Flying Lotus's set. https://www.instagram.com/p/BVVn_Ioniny/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow tough crowd... Being down under I was asleep, and not checking ETS...

It could obviously be a few shows, and not a tour per se, but without knowing too much about the size of APC in America, would they be able to do an Arena tour themselves? They would struggle here definitely, but obviously a different market.

http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/13/news/perfect-circle-fall-tour-rumored/

Yeah, they can definitely headline arenas here. Not sure about selling them out, but they can reasonably pull in 6,000-8,000 in most markets. They did leave off pretty much the whole northern half of the US on their most recent tour a few months back, so it's not surprising at all that they'd be doing another run in the fall to hit those areas.

*edit - looks like the APC tour announcement will be this week, Ticketmaster has a listing for 11/17 in Pittsburgh, PA at the Petersen Events Center on sale this Friday.*
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 06-19-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    All of those pretty high quality video streams of the festival shows that began the 2013 were great to have. It would be nice to get more content like that but unless I'm mistaken, the four announced 2017 festival dates seem unlikely to webcast anything, let alone NIN's set.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I know Panorama isn't streaming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, this is probably unrelated, but who knows?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ^ It is unrelated. Says it in the post that it's for an upcoming book project.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I hope I get to hear Burn, Eraser, Reptile and/or The Big Come Down this time around, I have yet to see any of those choice cuts live

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I hope I get to hear Burn, Eraser, Reptile and/or The Big Come Down this time around, I have yet to see any of those choice cuts live
    Man Burn just might be my favorite NIN song, luckily enough I have seen it 3/4 times, and strangely have never heard the studio version. Never got The Big Comedown though, would love that. Got Eraser twice and Reptile once.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 06-28-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Man Burn just might be my favorite NIN song, luckily enough I have seen it 3/4 times, and strangely have never heard the studio version.
    Hold on. What?

Can't be your favorite song if you don't know the .

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    The three of those four that I've seen have all been standouts -- Burn, Eraser and Reptile are all definitive NIN live songs in my eyes. Part of why I went to two 2014 dates and not just one was in hopes of seeing Reptile a second time because of how good it was at my first show in 2013. Big Come Down is high up on my list of wants, but I don't think it's ever been used much at US fests.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    BCD always has fantastic light shows. one of my favorites for sure.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    If we don't hear anything within three weeks (doubt a tour will be announced during a major holiday) we may as well shit can a full 2017 tour. Even more so since bands like Foo Fighters, QOTSA, etc. recently announced their late year tour. I'd like to say three EP's would be centered around the festivals, but that would be a bit bizarre since festivals usually cater to the average fan.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If we don't hear anything within three weeks (doubt a tour will be announced during a major holiday) we may as well shit can a full 2017 tour
    I stopped expecting any full tour announcement ever since the official NIN accounts referred to Aftershock as a rare 2017 appearance. Handful of fests this year, the release of the final EP towards Christmas and then a headlining run next spring seems most likely in my book.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I stopped expecting any full tour announcement ever since the official NIN accounts referred to Aftershock as a rare 2017 appearance. Handful of fests this year, the release of the final EP towards Christmas and then a headlining run next spring seems most likely in my book.
    I concur and have been banking on this for a few months now. I guess you could say this is Not the Actual Tour (sorry). Start saving up for Trilogy Tour 2018!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Trent's wording of '...the FIRST of the shows this summer" says something though. It implies there will be more.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Pretty sure that was just to clarify that the 2nd EP will come out in July, because after the first two shows this month (FYF and Panorama), the next festival dates (Riotfest and Aftershock) are several months off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Pretty sure that was just to clarify that the 2nd EP will come out in July, because after the first two shows this month (FYF and Panorama), the next festival dates (Riotfest and Aftershock) are several months off.
    LOL you're exactly right. I got a bit carried away there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    You think Tront is gonna do the "Yes, everyone seems to be uh-sleep" part on Dear World?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    He might use one of his distortion mic filters for that line but yes, I think he will.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So can we try and make sure this touring cycle that we keep all live-related stuff to this section of the board? With so few dates I think most of us are going to be trying to avoid any and all spoilers before our shows about setlists and production and it'd suck to have to completely avoid the main NIN threads when we'll have a new EP to discuss, as well as all the reissues coming up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Good thought. I think each show should only be discussed in its specific thread (i.e. FYF discussion in the FYF thread). I would hate to visit the panorama thread to discuss festival info/meet up possibilities and then discover something about the set list from FYF on accident. Or to your point - go to the new EP thread and accidentally find out what songs off the new EP were played live at FYF. I know in some cases spoiler tags can be used, but keeping everything to its specific thread or own section would be make it much easier to avoid spoilers.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    //edit, wrong thread.

12 days away!!!