Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Unless its announced after FYF and Panorama, all thats happening is this stuff
    Why is that the case? Why can't they announce the dates tomorrow?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Godamnit, I hate festivals but this is too good to pass.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I already booked a hotel room.

<3 free cancellation policies

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Already booked a trip for Riot fest and then this hits!!! I was not even thinking about the possibility of this fest. This has to be like one of the only pure rock festivals they have been at besides maybe Woodstock 94? It seems like never play ''Rock'' festivals. Tickets are a good deal I think. If only it was not 1,850 miles away, hell Riot Fest will be a 1000 mile round trip as it is. I will now go check airplanes tickets, lol.

)
    Edit: Well......would cost me a total of $1,200 for me +1 (flying) probably have to sit this one out...
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 06-06-2017 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    May the NIN/APC co-tour speculation resume...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The nin.com News post about Aftershock Festival refers to it as "a rare 2017 appearance", which makes it sound like there won't be a proper headlining tour - until 2018 (and the final part of the EP trilogy is released) anyway.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Winter 2018 it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    The nin.com News post about Aftershock Festival refers to it as "a rare 2017 appearance", which makes it sound like there won't be a proper headlining tour - until 2018 (and the final part of the EP trilogy is released) anyway.
    I fear the word ''Rare'' also. Was hoping the tour would be August through October. It could still be, RIGHT? My wife is going to seeing Katy Perry with a friend on October 22 and is getting home on he 24th. Trying to figure out if I can work this.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 06-06-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Aftershock Festival always has an incredible lineup but I have never gone despite living right near Sacramento. As much as I love the idea, I can't bring myself to attend a festival, perhaps one day I will try it but all the logistics of it don't seem good and I'd rather just see them on a headlining slot in a theater or arena.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Firebrand is running aftershocks online merch store.

LOL OH BOY

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Yeah, I think this solidify's things here. I think it's these 4 festival dates (maybe another one might pop up) but I don't think there is a tour being planned here. If anything, once all the EPs have been released. So earliest would be Spring 2018.

This is the one I'm going to. This festival is too good to pass up. I'm buying tickets on Friday. I'm pumped!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Why is that the case? Why can't they announce the dates tomorrow?

Because most likely if there is a tour, and if NIN hit NY and LA on that tour, the festivals have a radius clause. Which does not allow for shows to happen within a specific distance and time frame of the festival. Time frame wise, the Aftershock date would line up with a tour if announced post festival in regards to FYF, which is 90 days, in which an L.A. date potentially could pop up if that was the case around there. Does it really make sense for NIN to announce a tour right now, and then have ridiculous gaps in the schedule due to the radius clauses in place by a festival? It would even affect things in the midwest because of Riot in Sept. You couldnt find out if there was a date in Michigan, Wisconsin or like Indiana due to the restrictions. Youll sit here and wonder what the hells happening, then make plans for other cities, the festivals pass, they add the other dates, and you get pissed the hell off for spending your money elsewhere because you didnt have any patience.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I wonder if Manson refused to play under NIN and demanded to play the next day?
    No, it's sadly b/c his fanbase is generally more of the mouth breather type nowadays, so he got put on the less "cerebral" day of the festival. That theory doesn't completely hold water as we have Stone Sour on the same day as NIN when they should more likely be on Sunday, but you see my point. It holds for most of the bigger bands booked.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Once we see who is playing on Friday of Riot Fest w/NIN, then I'll have to make the call whether to pull an audible and fly out for this instead. Seeing fantastic & immediately relevant groups of now like RtJ, Mastodon & Gojira instead of mostly nostalgia acts at Riot Fest could be really tempting. Plus I've never been to Sacramento. Speaking of, get Deftones on this thing!! Dudes never play their hometown.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    May the NIN/APC co-tour speculation resume...
    please no.

he made it a point to say that apc was the first opening band up until fragility that he didn't personally choose. give us more weird semi-unknowns. some of them (deerhunter, tvotr) have turned into my favorites.
    Last edited by kel; 06-07-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Eh. Just give us 'an evening with Nine Inch Nails' with long 2hrs+ sets.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Personally, i'd rather have another joint tour like NIN/SG - NIN/JA. I'd be all over NIN/APC.

I never cared for the weird unknown artistic strange bands he brought on tour with him since about 2006. Thinking back to when he brought Dresden Dolls with him in 2005, I thought that was a terrible idea. But looking back now, I can appreciate them much more as an opening act now.

Wish I could say the same for things like "The Bug" or "Explosions in the sky" but I can't.... boy, oh boy can I not.... wow. The bug?????????????????

OR THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Nothing I hate more than having to show up early to a show to get a good spot on the floor to have to suffer through 1-2 acts of garbage while waiting for the main act.
    I love it when it`s just an evening with ________ (inset band name here) and they don`t bring anyone but themselves.

That's the only good reason to get a seat in an arena. So you can show up whenever you want and skip the crap. otherwise, being in a seat sucks.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 06-07-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i get it. when i saw the bug i felt nothing, but i also didn't feel much when i saw bauhaus (i know, i know). and all i felt during apc in 2000 was the crowd crushing me.

who knows this round.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Please let this happen

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    All I can say is APC this year was absolute fire. Would've loved to have seen Freese back on the kit though...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

So what we got in 2009....I'm game for this...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Trent has great taste in music and is always in the interest of checking out exciting bands that usually sync with my interests in new music ... so I'm way more inclined to see what types of lesser known groups/artists Trent is willing to have open up his show than an hour plus set of a notable band whose music I fell out of interest in during in my first years of high school.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It's not NIN, it's any established band. It's like a rite of passage for an established band for unknown (mostly crappy) bands to have for an opener. I think it was here that I read a link or comment on how most openers lose money opening for "larger" bands in an attempt to gain an audience.

If you're a band like U2 who can sell out a stadium pretty much as soon as tickets go on sale, doesn't make business sense to split profits for a "good" opener. There's a decent chance of NIN doing a coheadling tour since the Soundgarden and QOTSA tours had good turnouts.

Theres also the chance of NIN doing large clubs, which would be even better, if they don't go the arena/amphitheater route.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Some of the best artists have done opening sets for bigger names, some of them have done it much to the chagrin of themselves like Faith No More and NIN. Can you imagine how people felt at the time hearing NIN open for Skinny Puppy or Peter Murphy? They probably thought they sucked.

I don't mind openers because it gives me time to get situated. Nothing worse than coming in and having to hurry your ass up just to catch the start of the set. This happened to me with Primus a couple years ago, I was looking for parking for like 40 minutes and nearly missed the first song or two. If there was an opener I probably wouldn't have been so stressed.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 06-08-2017 at 03:41 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I remember after that European leg my two biggest hopes in 2014 were to see The Becoming and the studio version of TDTWWA live.

They then completely dropped The Becoming from the sets and out of the two setlists I saw, neither contained TDTWWA.

I'm really crossing my fingers that we see that version of TDTWWA come back. The Quiet version I got on Tension was absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite memories, but I'm dying to get smacked in the face with that wall of guitars.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    How static do you guys think this setlist is going to be given the amount of time in between shows?

Are they going to keep it simple and do the same songs for all 4 shows, or do you think they will change the songs up from show to show?

I'm just trying to decide if I want to peek at the first setlist or not. I took the plunge and bought tickets to Aftershock in Sacramento today.
    October is a long ways away to not look at the setlist. I don't know if I can last 3 months without looking at the FYF/NY setlists.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Are they going to keep it simple and do the same songs for all 4 shows, or do you think they will change the songs up from show to show?
    I would be satisfied with an 80/20 ratio of static/non-static songs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    If you're a band like U2 who can sell out a stadium pretty much as soon as tickets go on sale, doesn't make business sense to split profits for a "good" opener.
    Not for nothing*, but U2 currently has Mumford & Sons opening for them on their Joshua Tree tour.

*pun intended

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I think that this tour is the most mysterious one NIN's done in ages -- none of us have any fucking clue what to expect.

They're festivals and yet they just came out with their most non-festival-friendly music since Ghosts. They're only a small handful of shows which makes the production element seem totally up in the air -- maybe they'll go nuts since they'll be in festivals and it'll be a limited run, or maybe they'll save the money of a big production and keep it stripped down. They've got a 5 piece with two different members who are residential synthfuckers and yet they're playing lots of rock fests.

Anyone's guess is as good as mine. We might get the most rigid, cliche NIN festival show where it's nothing but the three H's, the typical singles and the typical deeper cuts with two new songs or we might get something really intentionally unfriendly and weird and evolving. I'm hoping to be very surprised, but who knows? 2013/14 was my first NIN touring cycle so the last three years have been the first ones I've had to go through after having seen them, and I can safely say that at this point, I'm just happy to be seeing my favorite band in the world in person again. I'm not going to count on something like the 2013 festival run and hope to be surprised, but I'll take just about anything now.

With that all said @ManBurning I'd still recommend avoiding the sets and production because it's likely enough that it'll all be very similar that I wouldn't take the risk if that's something that matters to you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just hope some of the shows are streamed