Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I and a couple others here emailed them and all got told that they'll be available later on.
    In the past they have sold 2 day tickets as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm hearing NIN is going to be announced as the super secret headliner to the 2nd FYRE weekend.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I'm hearing NIN is going to be announced as the super secret headliner to the 2nd FYRE weekend.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    NIN could absolutely be an ACL headliner, same goes for the other fests people mentioned that haven't announced yet. They've played it before I believe, and there would be no reason for them not to play it again. Also, the word "hipster means nothing anymore. That term has been overused so much & now bludgeoned to death.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, any bets on what Hesitation Marks track will likely be in the setlists? I think Copy of a or Came Back Haunted are the likeliest candidates, and I really hope Copy of a is the one between those two. It seems like they always keep one or two songs from the previous album touring cycle to touring cycle, what with 1,000,000 getting played 1,000,000 times from 2013-2014.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    You know what, if they do headline Made In America again, I might just get a single day ticket and go. Thanks for pointing out that it's still a possible festival for them this year. I need an excuse to visit my Philly friends again, and know I can easily enough take a megabus down there pretty cheap and crash at a friend's place. If I remember correctly, I was able to get a relatively cheap stubhub single day ticket when they played there in 2013, plus they were fine with me taking a camel pack in and filling it up at a free water station, so I just chilled at the main stage all day.

So, any bets on what Hesitation Marks track will likely be in the setlists? I think Copy of a or Came Back Haunted are the likeliest candidates, and I really hope Copy of a is the one between those two. It seems like they always keep one or two songs from the previous album touring cycle to touring cycle, what with 1,000,000 getting played 1,000,000 times from 2013-2014.

Though Copy of a is the most likely one, I would love to see In Two be a setlist staple. And Satellite for that Year Zero vibe. I really hope there's a heavy mix of YZ tracks in the coming setlists, get some of that frustration out.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 04-29-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    All I ever need to hear again live from that album are Copy of A, Various Methods, Find My Way & In Two. Zero interest in the rest of that record.

Oh, and of course hearing how they might wanna do Everything live would be interesting.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I've seen Find My Way more than enough times live now, could really go for another slower song taking up that slot for variety's sake.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Besides Copy Of A and Came Back Haunted I think the Hesitation Marks track that has the greatest chance of resurfacing is All Time Low, which is just my gut feeling so who knows. Having said that, In Two is my favorite song on that album and sounded unreal live so I would be thrilled to see it back on setlists.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    what with 1,000,000 getting played 1,000,000 times from 2013-2014.
    I could so do without hearing this song ever again in my life. It isn't even that good of a song...

I hate how artists always neglect 95% of the songs off certain records other than 1 song usually. This song seems to be the "go to" song off "The Slip" But there are soooooo many better songs to pick from! For Manson and friends, he usually neglects all the songs off Portrait of an American family. He used to throw "Lunchbox" in for good measure, but even those days are gone now.

Hell, i'd even take "Discipline" over "1,000,000" at this point, and I hate that song. It's just nice to get some variety.

I have a feeling this set is going to be heavy on Year Zero, NTAE and some of the more aggressive songs. I can see Happiness In Slavery and Last being added to the set.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I love Echoplex, Discipline and Head Down which were all played lots and would be happy to see them take up The Slip's slot sometime.

I didn't get to see In Two at my Tension date and I'd freak out over that coming back -- I don't think they did it at all from what I remember after the Tension tour and I think it'd pair up great in a setlist with The Idea of You.

Also, I'm desperate for The Big Come Down. It gets played often enough that it doesn't feel like I'm asking for too much.
    @ManBurning for whatever it's worth Lunchbox was played a lot in 2015 on that Pumpkins tour.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I am forgiven
    I am free
    I am a field on Fyre

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    honestly, i'd love to hear a full-album performance of The Slip (almost its 10-year anniversary), i would probably die of elation if they played all 36 Ghosts tracks, and i wish it was the 30th anniversary of Pretty Hate Machine so there was a chance of hearing that album in full. but we'll probably just get an assortment of songs, hopefully not a standard "greatest hits" setlist, though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I don't know why, but there has to be more than these 3 festival dates that have been announced. 2 dates different weekend at the end of July and then a 6 week period of nothing and then another festival in mid September? Seems odd that there isn't a single August date, no?

I'm guessing they'll be announced at the Made in America festival in Philly for the weekend of Sept 2-3, and then it's anyone's guess what happens between those 4 weeks in August.

Any festivals left in August that have yet to be announced?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got a good feeling they will do the Voodoo Festival. NIN has played there 3 times now and Trent has a history with New Orleans.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'd love to see Home, The Line Begins To Blur and Love Is Not Enough taken out from storage. And Dead Souls.

And if I had to choose a single track from The Slip: Head Down. I wish I still had that gif where TR did an awesome crab-walk on stage while they were playing it.

So basically a bunch of stuff unplayed since 2007-2009, for the most part.

Would also definitely love to see new takes on some PHM cuts a la Sanctified 2013. That shit was groovy. I mean, take That's What I Get or Ringfinger, snip an embarrassing lyric here or there, and just go nuts.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Dead Souls is a bit of a dream of mine, as is The Line Begins to Blur -- either of those would totally make the setlists for me if they end up in them.

Voodoo Fest would be great -- I'm definitely doing the New York date, but would love to catch them more than once, and NOLA is a lot more affordable to get to from FL than Chicago for Riot Fest.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    NIN not playing Made in America festival

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    There are some good acts at Made in America, but that overall lineup means that crowd will likely be a nightmare of epic proportions. Amateur hour to the extreme.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    No ACL festival. That leaves only voodoo remaining. So, it appears nin are only playing 3 or 4 shows this year? Still find it hard to believe.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Linecheck festival hosted a talk with Alessandro yesterday evening and when talking about NIN he said something along the lines of "we’ll start rehearsing in July for some festivals in the US", without really mentioning if it's a tour or if we should expect more dates. He also added that for convenience he’ll be mainly using software-based tools but also guitar and bass guitar.

Nothing really new but here it is.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    Linecheck festival hosted a talk with Alessandro yesterday evening and when talking about NIN he said something along the lines of "we’ll start rehearsing in July for some festivals in the US", without really mentioning if it's a tour or if we should expect more dates. He also added that for convenience he’ll be mainly using software-based tools but also guitar and bass guitar.

Nothing really new but here it is.
    I'm not surprised by the US festivals comment, as I wouldn't expect him to let the cat out of the bag if it's any more than that, but Is rehearsing for only 2 or 3 weeks a normal length of time? Or is it, hey we only have a few shows so we only need to know 20 songs as opposed to 35?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Anyone kind of getting the vibe that this tour's performance might be a direct shift away from the pomp, splendor and flashiness that was the Tension tour? With NTAE's production, comments went along the lines of grabbing some guitars and not being afraid to re-tread old ground and just rock out a bit...if they're only rehearsing for a few weeks, perhaps there'll be less to contend with onstage. No backup singers, no light shows, no drum kits being wheeled onto the stage. As awesome as all of that was, what if this is intended to be a hard-hitting, punch-to-the-face type of performance?

Not saying I'm expecting TR to start scraping keys off keyboards with his boots or bodychecking Robin like it's 1993 or anything, but I have to confess I'd find something straightforward and harsh kind of kickass.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I only want a show that's stripped down like that if it means we're getting songs out of the ordinary -- if it's mostly "the hits" like the Soundgarden and 2013 festivals were and they're doing nothing special onstage, it'll feel pretty pointless, honestly. If it means we'll be getting some NINJA-style sets that are all over the place and unpredictable then, sure, bring it on.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    sorry, if I'm paying $125/ticket I better get a battery of pretty lights exploding in my face. If I want to see a bare bones, stripped down performance I'll just go watch Run the Jewels.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Anyone kind of getting the vibe that this tour's performance might be a direct shift away from the pomp, splendor and flashiness that was the Tension tour? With NTAE's production, comments went along the lines of grabbing some guitars and not being afraid to re-tread old ground and just rock out a bit...if they're only rehearsing for a few weeks, perhaps there'll be less to contend with onstage. No backup singers, no light shows, no drum kits being wheeled onto the stage. As awesome as all of that was, what if this is intended to be a hard-hitting, punch-to-the-face type of performance?

Not saying I'm expecting TR to start scraping keys off keyboards with his boots or bodychecking Robin like it's 1993 or anything, but I have to confess I'd find something straightforward and harsh kind of kickass.
    The NINJA and Wave Goodbye shows had that edge, nothing fancy, just raw NIN.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Predicting now that the 2017 shows will be very, very heavily focused on highlighting social/political/ecological imagery. They may open with "The Hand that Feeds", or play all of Year Zero and close with HLAH. It may not be Roger Waters-level polemic, but nearly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    //edited

nm, terrible idea.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Since NTAE was very raw and rough, I can only hope for something like the band wearing all white and covered in soot and it opens with Pinion into Mr. Self Destruct. Old school.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 05-05-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Predicting now that the 2017 shows will be very, very heavily focused on highlighting social/political/ecological imagery. They may open with "The Hand that Feeds", or play all of Year Zero and close with HLAH. It may not be Roger Waters-level polemic, but nearly.
    I think you're right.
    Year Zero was produced as a response to GWB, who REALLY doesn't seem that bad now.
    I can only imagine what Trent will do in response to the current climate, especially on a festival stage