Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Doors

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Other Voices and Full Circle are both fucking brilliant records. Maybe the band should've done the Joy Division/New Order thing and re-brand themselves into something new for these records to get better recognition.
    Other Voices takes up where LA Women left off, although it's more mellow, relaxed. Full a Circle was jazzier, with some psycodelic elements, hence the name of the album. But without Jim, it just wasn't the same. Robbie and Ray have decent voices, but they're not great singers and lacked charisma. They actually wanted Iggy Pop to join the band at one point.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 02-27-2018 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Other Voices and Full Circle are both fucking brilliant records. Maybe the band should've done the Joy Division/New Order thing and re-brand themselves into something new for these records to get better recognition.
    I agree they are both very underrated albums

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    What about the An American Prayer album where the band contributed music to Morrison's poetry?

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    What about the An American Prayer album where the band contributed music to Morrison's poetry?
    I always liked "An American Prayer", specially "The Ghost Song", but i don't consider it a "real Doors" album, because it's mostly an "audio collage", yet it's a great listen!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I think I listened to American Prayer once 20 years ago and hated it as an album though I liked several tracks, namely the ones that wound up in the Oliver Stone movie.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)