Thread: NIN Spotting 2017

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    http://bust.com/feminism/193677-jess...l-assault.html

yes it's related. Trent is mentioned in the story (not in a bad way) and twiggy was a member of nin for a while.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I cant screen capture off netflix

But in Narcos Season 3 episode 3, DEA agent is wearing a Downward Spiral t shirt.
    I just got there too, then I had to go to wikipedia to see if the timeline matched up.

Man, this guy packs a suitcase like I do.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 10-23-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    http://www.theprp.com/2017/10/21/news/metallica-ghost-nine-inch-nails-mastodon-spoofed-new-garbage-pail-kids-line/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    And possible cameo by Atticus' ear.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hard Rock Cafe, NYC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Claudia Sarne is clear as day

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    What an odd spot to put that Bush framed portrait.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    National Review (apparently a conservative paper) has a 90 minute podcast on NIN
    https://twitter.com/esotericcd/statu...84086144405504

“99.9% sure this is the first time Trent Reznor/Nine Inch Nails have been discussed reverently in NATIONAL REVIEW”

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post

I remember thinking TR's answer was really strange when I first read it. Unless TR was having a senior moment, he must be pissed about something. But either way it kinda makes TR look like an ass.

Rob's art work for NIN has been amazing.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't think Trent was snubbing Rob in that interview. The question posed specifically mentioned Russell Mills, so I feel like Trent was responding by talking about his working relationship with Mills and how it related to the question that was asked.

I think if something did go down between Trent/Atticus and Rob, someone would have spoken up by now. Based on Rob's posts, I think he just wanted to do something else. When you devote half your life to working with one band (yes, I'm aware he did other projects as well), you might start thinking about all the other stuff you HAVEN'T done in that time period.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 10-23-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I don't think Trent was snubbing Rob in that interview. The question posed specifically mentioned Russell Mills, so I feel like Trent was responding by talking about his working relationship with Mills and how it related to the question that was asked.

I think if something did go down between Trent/Atticus and Rob, someone would have spoken up by now. Based on Rob's posts, I think he just wanted to do something else. When you devote half your life to working with one band (yes, I'm aware he did other projects as well), you might start thinking about all the other stuff you HAVEN'T done in that time period.
    I agree. I really liked all of the design/photography/art direction Rob did for NIN (especially the With Teeth stuff and the PHM redesign), but at some point, it's nice to have something new and fresh, from a different perspective. I love Russell Mills too, but his art wouldn't work for every album. Perhaps at some point in the future, Rob and NIN will work together again (maybe a re-issue of With Teeth that includes a damn booklet and some of those mysterious songs from the poster?), but the fact that Rob sold a bunch of his NIN collection after parting ways does makes me wonder how amicable their split was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't tell if it's a purposeful snub per se. Trent tends to not bring up past collaborators of his own free will, he doesn't just namedrop Flood and the like. It might be some sort of mental tic.

But it is tacky not to credit Rob there. It would have been the tasteful move.

He has been fairly shitty about Vrenna, Finck, and Patrick in the past when prompted to discuss them, though. Jeez.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    I can't tell if it's a purposeful snub per se. Trent tends to not bring up past collaborators of his own free will, he doesn't just namedrop Flood and the like. It might be some sort of mental tic.

But it is tacky not to credit Rob there. It would have been the tasteful move.

He has been fairly shitty about Vrenna, Finck, and Patrick in the past when prompted to discuss them, though. Jeez.
    Yeah, thank god the one with Finck didn't last! He also threw some shade at Mark Romanek shortly after Mark rejected some of the songs meant for One Hour Photo, which eventually wound up on Still. I have no Idea if he ever patched things up with Vrenna (seems unlikely), but he and Patrick are cool now. In the past, TR has been more openly critical of his former collaborators after a falling out, but these days, he usually doesn't speak publicly about it (as was the case with Rich Fownes, Eric Avery, & Adrian Belew).

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    and we all remember about his falling out with Clouser which was of epic proportions....His falling out with Patrick was mostly Patricks fault considering RP left the band and was an alcoholic/drug addict at the time...Even his falling out with Finck was partially because he left the band for ol Axl.....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure both Vrenna and Clouser (and Jerome Dillon for that matter) are currently on good terms with Trent, per their own words.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    https://audioboom.com/posts/6406830-...-chris-cornell

At 29 minutes in, Ken Andrews talks about attending an LITS rehearsal and mixing live songs on the DVD portion of the Slip.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    NIN facebook posted a handful of photos from the aftershock festival.

You can see the "corn starch" or whatever it is that I reported on being on the members in the tour journal in better detail on these photos.
    Looks like Alley was too cool for corn starch. But at least Atticus played along.

https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial...type=3&theater

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    NIN facebook posted a handful of photos from the aftershock festival.

You can see the "corn starch" or whatever it is that I reported on being on the members in the tour journal in better detail on these photos.
    Looks like Alley was too cool for corn starch. But at least Atticus played along.

https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial...type=3&theater
    So cool. Hoping Trent adds a few more shows before the year is out!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    What is the fuck ? a very serious source just rumored NIN in France 23jun2018 on the famous Hellfest. That fest is so known that it is ... already soldout without any lineup announced ! Lineup should be announced on nov, and more daily ticket could be added on march.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    What is the fuck ? a very serious source just rumored NIN in France 23jun2018 on the famous Hellfest. That fest is so known that it is ... already soldout without any lineup announced ! Lineup should be announced on nov, and more daily ticket could be added on march.
    Hard to picture NIN at Hellfest! Could be exciting.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    NIN at Hellfest is a guaranteed stream. they stream everything..

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I was uberring today (I live in Philly area) and I was listening to sister machine gun ([R]evolution because it's the only smg album with no f-words) and I picked up some old gray haired dude in a business suit. He asked who that was and if I like "that type of music." I assumed it was said with an eye roll kind of thing because that's what he looked like but then he started talking about how he went to see nin in vegas last Friday and then after that saw "kmdm" (not a typo - he had a few drinks in him) a couple days after that in San Fran. It was not at all where I expected the conversation to go.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.nin.com/online-store-update-2017/

UPDATE!

THE NIN STORE IS UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE AND NOT TAKING NEW ORDERS FOR THE TIME BEING.

IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT AN OUTSTANDING ORDER, GO HERE.

THE STORE WILL BE BACK UP IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post

UPDATE!

THE NIN STORE IS UNDERGOING MAINTENANCE AND NOT TAKING NEW ORDERS FOR THE TIME BEING.

So that means having to get a new login account, now I'm worried about getting the emails for any one-off shows that are announced!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So that means having to get a new login account, now I'm worried about getting the emails for any one-off shows that are announced!
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. This version of the store will only last a month anyway

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post

UPDATE!

Wow. A couple weeks to update the store? Any significance to this?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. This version of the store will only last a month anyway
    What make's you say that? Why would this version only last a month?

Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Wow. A couple weeks to update the store? Any significance to this?
    I'm guessing they're dumping Sandbag (like Fire Brand before them) and getting a new fulfillment company again? When they ditched Fire Brand, it was down about the same length of time.