Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2017

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    You might want to score some quality headphones and re-listen everything since the first HTDA EP.
    Actually, now I've listened to the song again, I can hear the laughter, had just never recognised it as being laughter before! 'But me' I can hear now - subconsciously I think I just switch from vocal to instrumental mode after 'everyone seems to be asleep' as that is so familiar.

Sennheiser.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think his twitter is for anything he deems worthy of posting, whether it be his art or his thoughts/opinions on the current political landscape. There's a lot of important political shit happening in the world lately, if you haven't noticed. If that doesn't interest you, don't read it. I don't mean to come off curt, but I'm tired of seeing people bitch about artists expressing their opinions as if they don't have the right to do so.
    Robbie boy can rant and rave all he wants. If he wants to go into Roger Waters/Richard Patrick territory and spend 24/7 ranting like a lunatic and letting Trump dictate his life, thats up to him..Everyone knows Trump is whacked..I just dont think many people give a shit what the former art director from NIN has to say about politics. He has 40,000 followers, which is less than Corey Feldman.. Liam Gallagher had the best response when someone asked him if he feels artists should talk about Trump and politics. "All politicians are cunts..ALL OF THEM"...which sums it up perfectly...(in about 8 hours when Al Franken resigns in utter disgrace further proving my/Liams point)
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 12-07-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Wow. I would do a lot of strange things to get an episode of Song Exploder for every song he/they have ever recorded. Fantastic.

And, if I'm understanding the beginning of the discussion and later implications correctly, it seems like I wasn't too terribly off with my long-ass "Shadow Thoughts" lyrical/thematic interpretations from last December and early January (which obviously did not extend to "The Lovers," specifically).

[sound of small horn tooting]

It actually feels nice to have been at least a little bit validated there, especially since I kinda quit in the middle of the project, feeling rather dispirited despite putting a weird amount of effort into it. It's interesting, if not altogether surprising, to hear that the indulgence and exploration of at least the subject matter of "The Lovers" has made that hypothetical version of his life into something freshly unsettling.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Robbie boy can rant and rave all he wants. If he wants to go into Roger Waters/Richard Patrick territory and spend 24/7 ranting like a lunatic and letting Trump dictate his life, thats up to him..Everyone knows Trump is whacked..I just dont think many people give a shit what the former art director from NIN has to say about politics. He has 40,000 followers, which is less than Corey Feldman.. Liam Gallagher had the best response when someone asked him if he feels artists should talk about Trump and politics. "All politicians are cunts..ALL OF THEM"...which sums it up perfectly...(in about 8 hours when Al Franken resigns in utter disgrace further proving my/Liams point)
    Take it to another thread, or (preferably) drop it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    You quote a guy saying politicians are all the same and prove they're not the same in a single post. The fact that Franken is resigning just proves they're not all the same. Some politicians are held accountable for their actions and take responsibility while some still run for office and become president. Do you see the difference? Franken has 6 accusers and his colleagues are calling for him to resign. Moore and Trump have multiple accusers both in the double digits and one became president and the other is staying in his race (a guy who has pedophilia charges against him). That clearly proves they're not all the same. One side ignores sexual harassment charges while one side owns up to it.
    Last edited by streetman; 12-07-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    It’s his Twitter. He can post whatever the fuck he wants. Don’t follow him if you don’t like it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Speaking of Richard Patrick, I just watched the Hired Gun doc today. He's in it for like 5 minutes tops, talking about his time in NIN and subsequently Filter. Sad to hear how he basically stiffed the other guys in his touring group. Funny how his bass player is the Carl's Jr. guy. I have a funny feeling Trent could have had a career as a voice-over guy if music didn't pan out for him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Gone off the deep end?

The fuck is wrong with you?
    Nothing wrong with me, Levi.

I guess you must've really loved his "wilderness-butt-art" project and thought it was amazing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    If you don't like someone's output, just forget about them and move on. There's more than enough content in the world for you to consume over several thousand lifetimes (at least).

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Nothing wrong with me, Levi.

I guess you must've really loved his "wilderness-butt-art" project and thought it was amazing.
    Bad guess - I wasn't into that particular project. There were some lovely shots there, but overall, it wasn't my thing.

Get this though! Wilderness-butt-art isn't 'gone off the deep end' - arguably, for a guy who used to run a blog called Population Paste, he's really settled down. I don't really see his personal relationships as being indicative of having gone off the deep end either.

I've always been pretty steadfast about how this forum is not the place to discuss the personal lives of the folks involved with NIN - even casual, nice observations kind of weird me out, but if you want to discuss your opinions about that sort of thing, positive or negative, ETS is not the place for it. Glad we had this talk, let's move on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BcaOj6wBE5z/

Alessandro = Evil Dale Cooper gone good

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://austinkleon.com/2017/12/07/t...-sucks-hammer/

Fairly interesting take on how Atticus allows Trent to be in "creative" mode more since their officially elbow bumpers.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Has this been posted yet?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Noisey Vice article on how to get into Nine Inch Nails
    https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/articl...gn=sharebutton

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Bad guess - I wasn't into that particular project. There were some lovely shots there, but overall, it wasn't my thing.

Get this though! Wilderness-butt-art isn't 'gone off the deep end' - arguably, for a guy who used to run a blog called Population Paste, he's really settled down. I don't really see his personal relationships as being indicative of having gone off the deep end either.

I've always been pretty steadfast about how this forum is not the place to discuss the personal lives of the folks involved with NIN - even casual, nice observations kind of weird me out, but if you want to discuss your opinions about that sort of thing, positive or negative, ETS is not the place for it. Glad we had this talk, let's move on.
    I'm not into gossiping about his (or anyone's) relationships...just thinking out loud as his divorce was sudden and then...BAM...he's married again. Good for him.

The off the deep end comment was more referring to his sabbatical away from civilization and the internet, only to reappear so he can slam anyone that doesn't agree with him politically...and of course, post wilderness-butt-art.

Either way, I should've made my random blurt more specific. Apologies.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Edit: Too slow.

Still - first proper headline show for Europe. This is encouraging.
    *sings* "All I want for Christmas is a ticket for a Nine Inch Nails headline show in London"

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Edit: Too slow.

Still - first proper headline show for Europe. This is encouraging.
    *sings* "All I want for Christmas is a ticket for a Nine Inch Nails headline show in London"
    Final announcement for Hellfest is today
    EDIT: Nope
    Last edited by ninjaw; 12-13-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: nope

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Holy crap, this is what I wanted. Also! He re-recorded the verses with the additional lyrics here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ilan Rubin posted a minute clip of rehearsing the drum solo in Piggy on his Instagram account.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

New lyrics?! New song?! Hot snakes?!!?!?!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Woah, that’s ... different.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

New lyrics?! New song?! Hot snakes?!!?!?!
    Man, that's an ugly poster. But I hadn't considered that those could be new lyrics. Maybe they're debuting a new song tonight in Houston?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    We gettin a stream tonight?. Would be a nice xmas treat..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    We gettin a stream tonight?. Would be a nice xmas treat..
    No stream. Because we bought CD copies of NTAE and AV.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That poster is dope. I love Jermaine.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The text resembles Survivalism lyrics

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The artwork is cool but it's not very NIN. It looks like an Apple advert.

The only thing that's missing are the white earbuds.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    No stream. Because we bought CD copies of NTAE and AV.
    Will be released on vinyl for a “true and warm listening experience”. Available soon for the low price of $85 + $90 shipping and handling.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Will be released on vinyl for a “true and warm listening experience”. Available "soon" for the low price of $85 + $90 shipping and handling.
    Fixed.