Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2017

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    This is 11y old, CSI shows are full of music, and so it's very well documented, there's actually 3 nin songs in this episode. An episode from May 2007 played Survivalism really soon, but I think I remember too some Playing the angel instrumentals !.
    Also I captured this (warning violent surprise at the end) http://ninnewsfr.mihalis.org/csiny205intro.php
    Cool!, i had to go to at that point and didn't watch the whole episode, i had no idea it featured 3 songs!
    Trent sure has given them their license a lot!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Cool!, i had to go to at that point and didn't watch the whole episode, i had no idea it featured 3 songs!
    Trent sure has given them their license a lot!
    the actor who plays greg on the show is also close friends with marilyn manson and was a guest at his wedding to dita von teese

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The other day my dad was watching CSI and during an autopsy scene they played "Slipping Away", from "Things Falling Apart".
    I'm not a fan of the show, but i did a little research and found that the song is in the episode; "Pirates of the third Reich" .
    Literally a few hours after my son, Trent, was born, I was watching TV in the hospital room and right as I was about to change the channel, "CSI: Miami" came on and right off the bat, an extended version of "A Warm Place" played over the introduction scene before the title credits. It was an episode guest starring Anthony Michael Hall.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Literally a few hours after my son, Trent, was born, I was watching TV in the hospital room and right as I was about to change the channel, "CSI: Miami" came on and right off the bat, an extended version of "A Warm Place" played over the introduction scene before the title credits. It was an episode guest starring Anthony Michael Hall.
    That was S08E14 In the wind. Wow you named your son Trent ? Ok you win, it's better than my custom shirt.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Ho fuck me I just learned about Reddit's april "joke" called "Place" I was gonna say: "where the fuck were you" but ... there is a NIN logo ! who did this ! ?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I tried to draw a Head Down logo on the left (between NIN and Oilers) with my two accounts, but it's freaking impossible.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Ho fuck me I just learned about Reddit's april "joke" called "Place" I was gonna say: "where the fuck were you" but ... there is a NIN logo ! who did this ! ?
    /r/nin obvs

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Style #19 was NIN. Not his best impression, but a spotting none the less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This ad for a Toronto Children's Hospital features a good chunk of 'Another Version of the Truth'

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Pearl Jam's bassist Jeff Ament caused some ruckus at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame last night by wearing a t-shirt with many names and acts that aren't inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame including our beloved NIN: http://pitchfork.com/news/72746-rock...social_twitter

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I looked at the picture of his shirt and didn't realize so many accomplished acts and artists have not been inducted. I'm not sure how I feel about the Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame the artists that have not been inducted has absolutely no effect on how I feel about them, same goes for the ones that have been inducted. For me its all about the art (the music) its not about putting some rock stars tour pants under glass in a museum while some schmuck eating his $15 dollar nachos gazes apathetically at the pants and says "Who is David Byrne?"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Pearl Jam's bassist Jeff Ament caused some ruckus at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame last night by wearing a t-shirt with many names and acts that aren't inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame including our beloved NIN: http://pitchfork.com/news/72746-rock...social_twitter
    IIRC the Chili Pepper's guitarist wore a Cure shirt when they were inducted. This is like a hardcore version of that.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Dilliger escape plan explain how he failed as AR's best friend, to replace robin fink

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    ^^
    A rough translation would be appreciated

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    A rough translation would be appreciated
    AR wanted his friend to replace Robin while stuck into GnR, so he tried, he learned all of Robin style, but once in front of TR, he was told they were looking for something new, also he made a joke, when this was a very serious test. Later TR congratulationed him on a Dillinger show and invited them on a tour.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    AR wanted his friend to replace Robin while stuck into GnR, so he tried, he learned all of Robin style, but once in front of TR, he was told they were looking for something new, also he made a joke, when this was a very serious test. Later TR congratulationed him on a Dillinger show and invited them on a tour.
    "his friend" as in...ben weinman? or someone else? i had no idea ben was ever up for consideration as the guitar player in NIN.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    "his friend" as in...ben weinman? or someone else? i had no idea ben was ever up for consideration as the guitar player in NIN.
    Story from 2012 here: http://www.aux.tv/2012/02/dillinger-...ch-nails-once/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if I believe that somebody would blow an audition based on telling a bad joke, there are a million reasons for blowing an audition but I have never heard of bad humor killing an audition. It's kind of like Elaine breaking up with her boyfriend for not using an exclamation point (Seinfeld reference). I'm not sure why he would publicly chose to bring up blowing an audition, what purpose does it serve? he doesn't paint Trent or the band members of that time in a flattering light referring to Trent as Hitler and the band members as Nazis.
    I just don't see what reason or purpose any this serves to bring this up publicly there has to be more to this story that is not being revealed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I'm not sure if I believe that somebody would blow an audition based on telling a bad joke, there are a million reasons for blowing an audition but I have never heard of bad humor killing an audition. It's kind of like Elaine breaking up with her boyfriend for not using an exclamation point (Seinfeld reference). I'm not sure why he would publicly chose to bring up blowing an audition, what purpose does it serve? he doesn't paint Trent or the band members of that time in a flattering light referring to Trent as Hitler and the band members as Nazis.
    I just don't see what reason or purpose any this serves to bring this up publicly there has to be more to this story that is not being revealed.
    I have a feeling he was just joking again with that story, because he did share a stage with Trent several times after that, and there doesn't seem to be any bad blood whatsoever between them. The reality is probably just that he wasn't a great fit at the time. According to the article, the rest of the story is in the podcast there, but I don't feel like listening to it right now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    without a doubt the most impressive piano cover of La Mer to date

I think this was posted on reddit a while back but I think I haven't seen the link on ETS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    http://www.spin.com/2017/04/todd-run...f-ears-listen/

“I’ve done a little bit of work with Trent Reznor before, so when I decided that I was going to do a collaborative record, he was high on my list of people to get involved. And he was terrific. He sent me essentially an entire album’s worth of ideas. I couldn’t decide at first, so I picked out two tunes, and he sent me all the multitracks to those. So I added vocals and a couple of other little flourishes, but otherwise, it was mostly what Trent and his partner Atticus Ross sent me.”

Vocals are also very similar to Various Methods of Escape.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    It says "do not share the promotional video" so here it is :

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    IIRC, all TR was looking for in a new guitarist was that they played the riffs with some intensity. I think one of the songs was 'Terrible Lie' just the C-D part. Aaron North came in and instead of just playing it, he laid into the guitar. I can't remember where I read that, maybe his Spin Mag article. Miss that guy..

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 04-13-2017 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    IIRC, all TR was looking for in a new guitarist was that they played the riffs with some intensity. I think one of the songs was 'Terrible Lie' just the C-D part. Aaron North came in and instead of just playing it, he laid into the guitar. I can't remember where I read that, maybe his Spin Mag article. Miss that guy..
    As close as I could find...
    How does the "performance orientated" album effected the live show? And how are the new band finding it all?
    It's very live. There's not much backing. Maybe a couple of loops. It gives a lot more freedom. The hardest job was finding a guitarist. I realised that I had to stop trying to find a replacement guitarist, and find something, someone new. 'Terrible Lie' was the audition track, and Aaron [North] just came in ready to kick ass. For him it's not about precision, or having some fancy special rare old guitar - it's about attacking the instrument.

Read more: http://www.clickmusic.com/interviews...#ixzz4eCHFImed
    Read more at http://www.clickmusic.com/interviews...YF1QfEUW7me.99

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I'm kinda partial to this description: ""And you'd see these guys and they'd be playing C, D," he says, blankly. "And I'd stop them and say, 'It's not, C, D. It's, '[expletive], you'," he mutters, this time with a more violent air guitar."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10123013

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I'm kinda partial to this description: ""And you'd see these guys and they'd be playing C, D," he says, blankly. "And I'd stop them and say, 'It's not, C, D. It's, '[expletive], you'," he mutters, this time with a more violent air guitar."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10123013
    Bingo. That's it!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)