Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The One and Only store.nin.com (Firebrand Live) Download (Fuck-up and) Support Thread

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I put in a ticket with firebrand and had an email from them with a link for deviations when I got home. Only took them about an hour

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got a nice email back with just a comment saying I can now download it but my link only has the NEW EP.

I guess i just need to wait...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Sorry if mentioned already, but user "minusthesnake" (thanks) in NTAE thread mentioned if you create store account now, it still associates orders with your e-mail. Worked for me on the UK store, all three PayPal guest orders showed up (status UNFULFILLED but that will change only after sending the real things). Yes it would be nice to have download links there, in all formats. :-)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Got my Deviations download link finally. It took about an hour and a half from when I submitted the support ticket.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Hi everyone - We wanted to address all of your completely justified frustrations with this. We won't make excuses for how bad we've screwed this up.

We are just as excited for these releases as all of you, and it's quite frankly embarrassing for us to have failed to deliver. We are aware of people not receiving complete download links if they ordered multiple items or Definitive editions with the EP. We've fixed this now, but it's too little, too late for all of the biggest fans.

We have support teams from both offices doing our best to try to get everyone taken care. We had different people monitoring twitter vs. our help desk, which is why there were some odd discrepancies in response times to the fans.

Going forward please write into the help desk (firebrandlive.zendesk.com) for US orders or support@firebrandlive.com for UK, and we will get to you as quickly as we can. If you already have a ticket submitted, please don't continue to submit new tickets. It just bogs things down and you will likely get multiple responses from different team members.

We can't apologize enough and we are working our hardest to make things right. We are in the process of breaking up these large files into more manageable chunks for some fans to download. Our priority now is getting everyone the music that they've been anxiously waiting for.

Thank you for your patience, we're sorry.

-Firebrand

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got an email with new download links, but The Fragile Deviations 1 is just a text file stating:

The file for this product is still copying from FTP. Please check back shortly

Did anyone else experience this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    I got an email with new download links, but The Fragile Deviations 1 is just a text file stating:

The file for this product is still copying from FTP. Please check back shortly

Did anyone else experience this?
    I did as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FYI The Fragile Dev link is now a 8.9GB Download with 3 Formats.

Hopefully I'll be able to extract this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Hi there - Please check the link again. We were updating the file to include all 3 formats. Just tested and working now. As expected though, it's a massive file so be forewarned.
    Checked and works!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yep. Appears to be up now, but I already started to download the regular version of The Fragile.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I was missing my Deviations link. Got no response to a tweet earlier this afternoon but then came home and saw this thread. I submitted a ticket and they emailed me the download link (which seems to work fine) within 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I replied to the email they sent me yesterday about my problem and haven't got a response. I don't want to submit a new ticket but...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And my download failed again after like 1.5 hours. All I want is the mp3s and artwork, why cant they just give us the option.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After 34 hours, they finally responded to my support ticket and gave me separate download links for everything I ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
    I submitted a ticket and they emailed me the download link (which seems to work fine) within 5 minutes.
    5 minutes? WTF.
    Last edited by camebackhaunted; 12-23-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got my email when I was at work around 10:50 am. It's ZIP file though :/ It's my first time having a Mac laptop, any suggestions as far as a decent software goes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Meh, I guess I give up.

Five attempts at downloading and five errors and failures with less than an hour left and no responses to any of the replys I sent them since 5pm est. Dont know if the album is worth the frustration anymore.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    This is probably more relevant here:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    So something is clearly wrong with the updated archive, look at the file sizes:

The first WAV .zip (FAT) gives a "CRC failed" error. The second WAV .zip (UNIX) gives a "Headers Error". Everything else opens/extracts/etc. fine.

I'm trying again.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My download took the plunge at 3.39 GB. Doesn't look like it failed, just..."finished". I'm going to try and extract it and see what I actually got.

Update: Extraction failed. This would be far more infuriating if I hadn't already gotten the WAV files earlier. I want official mp3s, though, not just converted WAVs.
    Last edited by gorast; 12-23-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LenaMHJBKZ2 View Post
    I got my email when I was at work around 10:50 am. It's ZIP file though :/ It's my first time having a Mac laptop, any suggestions as far as a decent software goes?
    Double-clicking the file should do it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camebackhaunted View Post
    After 34 hours, they finally responded to my support ticket and gave me separate download links for everything I ordered.

5 minutes? WTF.
    If it makes you feel any better, I cannot get the WAV files to extract. (Same exact thing described by @Jon above. Did you ever get the WAV files?) I did however get the FLAC files to extract using 7-Zip. (Yes, they can be converted to bit-perfect WAV files, but I'd still like to be able to have the WAV files directly as promised when I ordered.)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I guess i will receive my download links soon

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I sent a message to support@firebrandlive.com (UK) 7 hours ago that Deviations 1 has not arrived in my mail
    box. I understand shit happens but, my patience is running out fast. And yes, I read the apology, and it is much better getting one than not, but it doesn't change the fact that I've been waiting now almost 3 days for this SMH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Double-clicking the file should do it.
    Easier than I thought. I feel extremely sheepish! Thank you so much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This sucks. My (UK) download apparently got corrupted - twice! Plus the "remaining download" counter decremented wayyy to fast. Initially it was 10. On the 4th attempt (including Dropbox which failed and a cut off download) it was 4, and then it was 0 :-/
    Downloaded size 9.141.238.338 both times.

I have mailed the Firebrand support, I hope they will help me...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Still don't have any of my downloads. I tweeted them so hopefully will soon.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Got all my downloads finally, but of course.... both The Fragile and Deviations refuse to open, let alone extract. Are my files fucked, computer too slow, Trent secretly hates me personally and sabotaged my purchase? Halp prease!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This is probably more relevant here:

I'm trying again.
    I suspect your file has the same problem as the UK "Deviations 2017.zip" file. Inside the UK file there's "Deviations MP3.zip" & "Deviations FLAC and WAV.zip", but the "Deviations FLAC and WAV.zip" has the same CRC failed/headers error you mention. When you open it (which you can only do by right clicking it in 7zip, select "Copy to" to copy it to a folder, then you can go to the folder & open that file with 7zip), there's actually only 6 WAV files & the 7th has a 0 filesize.

Your WAV zip should be bigger than the FLAC zip (apologies if that's stating the obvious), so it's definitely incomplete/corrupt.

Quite why no-one didn't test any of these downloads before release I don't know, what with all the invalid character filenames in some of the other zips (?, : / etc.) as well as the Fragile/Fragile Deviations 1 problems.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    We are aware of people not receiving complete download links if they ordered multiple items or Definitive editions with the EP. We've fixed this now, but it's too little, too late for all of the biggest fans.
    There are still people on a massive scale who haven't received any download links. As anyone who's ever worked a help desk knows, the amount of people who are vocal about a problem (in this case, on Twitter and here) represent only a fraction of the people who are actually affected by the problem. So, while the hundreds of squeaky wheels in your support ticket queue are getting greased (or, in many cases, not even still), that means there are hundreds or thousands more who have not complained directly to you yet. They may not know how to contact you, or they may not even realize yet that they have not and will not be receiving their download links.

I'd suggest that the best way to head off this problem is to have your developers generate new download e-mails for all the NIN orders since the store opened last week. Since all of the items are now off pre-order, there should be no problem in resending download links for every line item in every single order. I'm sure that you'll get far fewer (or no) complaints from customers getting duplicate or even triplicate download e-mails than you are for the number of customers who have received nothing yet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, I got my download and now the zip files won't extract at all. The FLAC/WAV files show that they're extracting but when it completes the folder the extract to literally disappears?? I'm also getting a checksum error

The MP3 file won't extract at all.

This is fucking wank.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Seems I have a similar problem to everyone else. The archive crashes 7zip every time I try to extract the files. It just sits there at 0% sucking its thumb.

The file size also may be wrong. I have no idea if it even downloaded correctly. Properties lists it as 8.51 GB (9,141,238,338 bytes)

This may be a nightmare for us, but I bet Trent is absolutely furious right now. Firebrand is probably not having a fun time this Christmas.

Might just go download it 'elsewhere'. I can't believe I paid £82 for this mess.