Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your NIN Remixes and Mashups

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    A long time ago I made an Only remix set to the pause music from the NES game Battletoads. It sucks.

I have more serious things that I might post on here. I have remixes of My Violent Heart, Capital G, and God Given.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    A long time ago I made an Only remix set to the pause music from the NES game Battletoads. It sucks.

I have more serious things that I might post on here. I have remixes of My Violent Heart, Capital G, and God Given.
    It.. definitely needed work. But it honestly isn't too bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I recently noticed that some hard work was done by means of archiving the remix.nin.com website, so all my remixes can be found on there:
    https://archive.org/search.php?query...A%22Detunez%22

To save some people from the horrors i might have uploaded in a whim, i can only state that these are the only ones worth listening to:

- Alternative demon seed
    - Head down into depression town
    - Me 'im not (j.m.d. edit)
    - God given violence

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Decided to make a list of all my mixes for those that might be interested.

Pinion (Flush) [Pinion with It's No Game Part 1 samples]
    Somewhat Damaged (Somewhat Different) [Album version with edited outro from Deviations 1.]
    Into The Void (Slipping Away Mix) [Clean intro from Deviations 1 + album version + the ending of Slipping Away from Things Falling Apart.]
    20 Miles High [Album version of 10 Miles High mixed with instrumental version from Deviations 1. Not 100% happy with this yet, so it needs to be redone at some point.]
    6 Ghosts I (Ambient Mix) [A pretty basic mix. I took the multitracks and added a ton of reverb to them so that the sounds kind of smear together.]
    Ghosts (Drone Mixes) [Title says it all. Various tracks from Ghosts I-IV that I've turned into drone/ambient tracks.]
    Pretty Eight Machine (Vocal Mixes) [Inverse Phase's 8-bit versions of Terrible Lie, Sanctified, and The Only Time with isolated vocal tracks from Rock Band laid over them.]
    And All That Could Have Been (Edit)/In Two (Edit)/Suck (Edit) [Basically what it would sound like if these tracks had radio edits.]
    Corona Radiata (Edit) [A condensed version of the original track. Also, no screaming cat noises. ]
    Leaving Hope (Memento Mix) [The original track played backwards and forwards at the same time.]
    Lights In The Sky (TDS Version) [A more ambient version of Lights In The Sky, with Trent's vocals pitched slightly higher so he sounds like did when he made The Downward Spiral.]
    The Great Destroyer (Extended Happiness In Slavery Outro) [Extended version of the outro with "Slave screams!" vocals and an added electric guitar layer I created. I originally said this was my attempt at replicating the live version, but having listened to that again, I can say that it's not very accurate. Still, not a bad listen.]
    Hyperpower! (Alternate Mix) [Just the original track minus the war samples. Nothing fancy.]
    Another Version Of The Truth (Inherited Darkness Mix) [Ambient version with a weird "spaceship" electronic layer I added, plus delay on the piano track.]
    Requiem For A Zero-Sum [Clint Mansell's end score for Requiem For A Dream with Zero-Sum vocals. My most popular remix.]
    How Long (Alternate Mix) [Removed some samples and brought others closer to the front of the mix, plus added some distortion. Could be better.]
    On The Wing (Lack Of Faith) [Made for the remix contest while I was...shall we say...under the influence. Should probably be redone, but for the life of me, I can't remember how I made it.]
    I'm Afraid Of Americans ("Live" with David Bowie) [Bowie soundboard from 2002 mixed with NIN soundboard from 2009. Not perfect, but gets the job done.]
    Update! I've made a newer version of The Great Destroyer remix (incorporating a bit of Screaming Slave and the Red Horse Vector club attack audio along with my own samples), as well as creating the following:

The Background World (Edit)
    Starfuckers, Inc. (Remixed Intro)
    The Day The World Went Away (Extended Intro)

Planning on doing some extended versions of tracks from Broken in the near future.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jg23666 View Post
    I've done some NIN fan mixes, generally using only the original source material in hopes of getting an "authentic" sound:

Sanctified Maxisingle: A fan-made hypothetical Halo 3.5. What if Sanctified had been released as a single? Remixes of Sanctified, The Only Time, Terrible Lie, and Head Like a Hole made using only the original source material for a pure/authentic feel (I hope!) In addition to using only original source material, I avoided anachronistic effects (glitching, autotune, etc.). For tracks that have official remixes (HLAH, TL) I have tried to ensure that my own mixes differ enough to justify their existence.

The Slip: Created using only sounds from The Slip and the two bonus Ghost tracks. "999,999", "The Four of Us Are Dying" and "Corona Radiata" are not present as tracks but material from those songs is mixed into the other tracks.

"With Teeth": Remixed using only audio from the 5.1 channels. I've done some other WT remixes that I still need to upload.
    These are amazing! I've been collecting fan remixes for years and would like to add these to my collection - Only some songs are available to download on Soundcloud - Can I download them all from you somehow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks! They should all be downloadable now - I don't know why they weren't before. I have more mixes I'll get around to uploading someday.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Challenge - someone make a remix of The Background World with the loop not skipping at the end and instead being continuous. Drives me nuts that it skips like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Someone already did:

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Update! I've made a newer version of The Great Destroyer remix (incorporating a bit of Screaming Slave and the Red Horse Vector club attack audio along with my own samples)...
    Finally got this uploaded to YouTube if anyone is curious to hear it.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Finally got this uploaded to YouTube if anyone is curious to hear it.

well hot damn!
    that's fairly disturbing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have put the 'best' of my remixes on Soundcloud, after the official 'remix.nin.com' website went down. They form a personal concept which i had in mind when i edited the original songs, so they kind of form a mini album.

https://soundcloud.com/detunez/sets/...s-reconfigured

'Me i'm not real " is what i consider to be the holy grail of my remakes / remixes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recently made a NIN mashup album, if you are into that sort of thing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bixlee View Post
    I recently made a NIN mashup album, if you are into that sort of thing.

Never was into mashups of any song or band, but those are comedy gold.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Challenge - someone make a remix of The Background World with the loop not skipping at the end and instead being continuous. Drives me nuts that it skips like that.
    love that aspect of the song!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    I have put the 'best' of my remixes on Soundcloud, after the official 'remix.nin.com' website went down. They form a personal concept which i had in mind when i edited the original songs, so they kind of form a mini album.

https://soundcloud.com/detunez/sets/...s-reconfigured

'Me i'm not real " is what i consider to be the holy grail of my remakes / remixes.
    I really like your "Only reznorance" remix, thanks.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    self destructed
    Last edited by hologram parade; 03-02-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Edit
    Last edited by hologram parade; 03-02-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Edit
    Last edited by hologram parade; 03-02-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    Continuous XX Minute Analog Mixes Celebrating The Fragile
    Two things:

1. This thread is for remixes and mashups, not mixes. There are about 10,000 other threads regarding alternate track lists for The Fragile.

2. Uploading a ton of copyrighted material to Soundcloud isn't exactly legal. Don't be surprised if your account gets banned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    [see later in this thread with an updated version of what I've got]
    Last edited by AVirtualMemoryOfficial; 08-02-2019 at 11:02 PM. Reason: outdated links and tracks... also, fear of double posting :(

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Between remix.nin.com being purged and my old PC dying this is the only remix that survived.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Between remix.nin.com being purged and my old PC dying this is the only remix that survived.

This is REALLY good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "let's post our NIN tinkerings (NINkerings?) in here"

Hopefully the right place then, this is the download link to a video I made for the beautiful silent part from With Teeth song. I'm not sure how this is legally, hopefully I'll be forgiven? Music: NIN, voices and images: me. I needed to do this hoping to be a closure to pretty hopeless sad days and hope there is still maybe something good for me, somewhere. https://goo.gl/rTLhN1 (mp3, flac, h264 mp4, h265 mkv, and two bonus images)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ages ago, I decided to do some funk / wedding party style mixes for a laugh. I actually like some of them quite a lot. Sadly Youtube and the likes removed them, but here's what remains (other than on my hard drive of course):

https://soundcloud.com/lloyddhr/sets/disco-action

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well I'm an idiot and never realized until just now that all the nin remix dot com material was archived.

Olden sloppy Pretty Hate Machine mash up

https://archive.org/details/remix-nin-com-audio-25523

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I recently released two mashups featuring NIN songs, so a friend of mine could play them with the Thunderdome at Burning Man this year :

https://sowndhaus.audio/track/10998/...to-styx-vs-nin

https://sowndhaus.audio/track/10997/...is-el-p-vs-nin

I've been doing this for a few years now, as a challenge, and there are a few mashups that you could find interesting (a few others with NIN too) :
    https://sowndhaus.audio/playlist/1044/burning-mash
    Last edited by totom; 09-22-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dug through some of the unfinished mashups I had started but never finished for the "pretty hate mashing" album and found this little gem:

Nine Inch Nails vs. Ricky Martin

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    https://soundcloud.com/marsanddaemon...-remix/s-Udkdh

I make my own music now but I always wanted to go back and polish this.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I'm doing something crazy. I'm going to make the scariest remix of the With_Teeth album you've ever heard. It's going to make my Fragile megamix sound like an ice cream truck chime.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I finished working on this last year after seeing NIN in NYC.

https://soundcloud.com/purplerectang...ch-nails-remix

(It's a remix of The Perfect Drug)