Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1554

Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

  1. #1501
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Here’s something interesting. In the first 18 seconds of “Feeders” there’s a sample of someone whispering “This is it...” then followed by mechanical/machinery like sounds. In the movie “Real Genius” there’sa scene where Mitch dismantled the closet to find Laslo and discovers a sign saying ‘This is it’ which is also whispered by Mitch. It’s in the enclosed clip at the 19 second mark. Is it the same sample? I’m pretty damn sure but I need more ears:

  2. #1502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,350
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    Here’s something interesting. In the first 18 seconds of “Feeders” there’s a sample of someone whispering “This is it...” then followed by mechanical/machinery like sounds. In the movie “Real Genius” there’sa scene where Mitch dismantled the closet to find Laslo and discovers a sign saying ‘This is it’ which is also whispered by Mitch. It’s in the enclosed clip at the 19 second mark. Is it the same sample? I’m pretty damn sure but I need more ears:
    Nice catch! I haven't seen this movie in forever.

    I'm hearing the mechanical sounds of the door and the voice clip, with reverb and ping-pong delay on it (at the very least).

  3. #1503
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    Here’s something interesting. In the first 18 seconds of “Feeders” there’s a sample of someone whispering “This is it...” then followed by mechanical/machinery like sounds. In the movie “Real Genius” there’sa scene where Mitch dismantled the closet to find Laslo and discovers a sign saying ‘This is it’ which is also whispered by Mitch. It’s in the enclosed clip at the 19 second mark. Is it the same sample? I’m pretty damn sure but I need more ears:
    That's hilarious. Nice one!

  4. #1504
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the cheapest I've seen The Fragile: Deviations 1. €19.79 on Amazon.it. They ship worldwide.

    Amazon.it NIN The Fragile Deviations 1

    I bought mine from the NIN store for £80 + shipping... :/

  5. #1505
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,853
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2000 View Post
    This is the cheapest I've seen The Fragile: Deviations 1. €19.79 on Amazon.it. They ship worldwide.

    Amazon.it NIN The Fragile Deviations 1

    I bought mine from the NIN store for £80 + shipping... :/
    why are there a bunch of reviews from people as if it's the 2017 remastered version of the fragile?

  6. #1506
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why are there a bunch of reviews from people as if it's the 2017 remastered version of the fragile?
    Because Amazon often lumps reviews for different versions of the same products together. I've noticed this a lot with various releases of movies.

  7. #1507
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2000 View Post
    This is the cheapest I've seen The Fragile: Deviations 1. €19.79 on Amazon.it. They ship worldwide.

    Amazon.it NIN The Fragile Deviations 1

    I bought mine from the NIN store for £80 + shipping... :/
    It says they are out of stock. I ordered it, but considering that it is sold out in the official NIN store and the price, I would not rule out that they'll tell me that they will not be able to sell it anymore.
    Last edited by mauro995; 01-04-2018 at 06:17 AM.

  8. #1508
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coleford, UK
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I had this from Amazon.it today:

    Dear Customer,
    We will let you know the delivery date for the items you ordered on January 4, 2018:

    Nine Inch Nails "The Fragile: Deviations I"
    Expected delivery date: 18 January 2018 - 12 February 2018

    For more information, visit "My Orders":

    https://www.amazon.it/miei_ordini

    The amount for these items will be charged only when the shipment has been completed. We will send you a confirmation e-mail when we send the order.

    See you soon on Amazon.it!

    Customer care,
    Amazon.it
    Last edited by nufan; 01-16-2018 at 05:15 AM.

  9. #1509
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nufan View Post
    I had this from Amazon.it today:

    Dear Customer,
    We will let you know the delivery date for the items you ordered on January 4, 2018 (Order number 404-5877390-1280315):

    Nine Inch Nails "The Fragile: Deviations I"
    Expected delivery date: 18 January 2018 - 12 February 2018

    For more information, visit "My Orders":

    https://www.amazon.it/miei_ordini

    The amount for these items will be charged only when the shipment has been completed. We will send you a confirmation e-mail when we send the order.

    See you soon on Amazon.it!

    Customer care,
    Amazon.it
    Same here. I can't believe I got to buy this thing for 20€.

  10. #1510
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,853
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)
    does anyone still have extra (even slightly damaged) copies of this? i gave my best friend The Fragile on vinyl for his birthday and he is over the moon about it. he also expressed great interest in hearing this, and i'd love to get him a copy, but i'm not spending another $80. i know a ton of people got free extra copies thanks to sandbag and i was hoping to get one for around $30.

    thanks in advance!

  11. #1511
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was skeptical, but my copy of this from Amazon Italy arrived today, was about €25 all in and came much quicker than they said. It does make me wonder how many copies were pressed though.

  12. #1512
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    2,281
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    does anyone still have extra (even slightly damaged) copies of this? i gave my best friend The Fragile on vinyl for his birthday and he is over the moon about it. he also expressed great interest in hearing this, and i'd love to get him a copy, but i'm not spending another $80. i know a ton of people got free extra copies thanks to sandbag and i was hoping to get one for around $30.

    thanks in advance!

    Sorry, I actually gave a friend of mine (whose favorite album is The Fragile, but isn't so into NIN that he knew about this until I told him about it) my damaged copy already.

  13. #1513
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The download code that came with the Deviations vinyl that I bought from Amazon didn't have the PDF with the additional artwork, I would be so grateful if someone here that has that PDF could upload somewhere.

  14. #1514
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yo man, (if your a dude) try this link, I threw up for ya.

    http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...ations%201.pdf

  15. #1515
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Yo man, (if your a dude) try this link, I threw up for ya.

    http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...ations%201.pdf
    Thanks!

  16. #1516
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    695
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    It's a little weird that The New Flesh (version) and Untitled from thingsfallingapart.com didn't show up on this, particularly as Untitled has the fade-out from The Great Below at the beginning. Hoping for those and the other remixes not available on disc to be released in full quality on an upcoming CD.

    And yes, I did say CD.

  17. #1517
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    FEMA Region VIII
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I took today off, you know, just for the fuck of it, and decided to listen to my vinyl copy of Fragile: Deviations 1.

    #BrilliantIdea

  18. #1518
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In february 2019, without buying the vinyl (i'm not a vinyl addict), how can I listen in good situation this album ?

    Impossible on Spotify, don't know how to have the flac..

    I try to find a torrent.. nothing clear..

    I'm ready to pay for flac, but nin store doesn't allow it.

    a solution ?

  19. #1519
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    In february 2019, without buying the vinyl (i'm not a vinyl addict), how can I listen in good situation this album ?
    Impossible on Spotify, don't know how to have the flac..
    I try to find a torrent.. nothing clear..
    I'm ready to pay for flac, but nin store doesn't allow it.
    a solution ?
    What ? Trent said it : vinyl only, and limited. You can still buy it, nothing has changed ??, and there is torrent on regular popular websites if you want to steal it.
    What the hell is that question ? you know that piracy is not allowed ?

  20. #1520
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    France
    Posts
    471
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    In february 2019, without buying the vinyl (i'm not a vinyl addict), how can I listen in good situation this album ?

    Impossible on Spotify, don't know how to have the flac..

    I try to find a torrent.. nothing clear..

    I'm ready to pay for flac, but nin store doesn't allow it.

    a solution ?
    Well, that's NIN's choice : buy the vinyl or nothing.

    If you really want to listen to it and don't know how to use google, it's on youtube...

  21. #1521
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't want a media I can't listen to but I still want to listen peacefully this album. Youtube isn't the solution.

    I can clearly understand Trent idea but I would prefer having the choice betwee, vinyls or a 200€ deluxe CDs release that can also be very limited but at least can be a solution for people that don't care of vinyls.
    I will not pay 75€ for vinyls I will never played just in order to have the flac. Why not 20€ but no more.

    It's a pity if the only solution is piracy because this is the last one I want.

  22. #1522
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    I don't want a media I can't listen to but I still want to listen peacefully this album. Youtube isn't the solution.

    I can clearly understand Trent idea but I would prefer having the choice betwee, vinyls or a 200€ deluxe CDs release that can also be very limited but at least can be a solution for people that don't care of vinyls.
    I will not pay 75€ for vinyls I will never played just in order to have the flac. Why not 20€ but no more.

    It's a pity if the only solution is piracy because this is the last one I want.
    Yeah vinyl sucks, trent's choice. Nothing we can do.

  23. #1523
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    330
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    It's a pity if the only solution is piracy because this is the last one I want.
    Why is the only solution piracy? You can purchase the digital files from the website and as a bonus get the vinyl for free.

    Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration. However, if you apply this scenario to any other media it seems pretty straight-forward (e.g. I want this garage, but not the house it's attached to. Why do I have to pay so much? I will just steal the house... It is the only option).

    If the music was not available to purchase in any capacity I would agree, but in this case you can easily purchase this.

  24. #1524
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Why is the only solution piracy? You can purchase the digital files from the website and as a bonus get the vinyl for free.

    Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration. However, if you apply this scenario to any other media it seems pretty straight-forward (e.g. I want this garage, but not the house it's attached to. Why do I have to pay so much? I will just steal the house... It is the only option).

    If the music was not available to purchase in any capacity I would agree, but in this case you can easily purchase this.
    Nearly good point.

    Sorry, but 75€ for a garage and letting the house empty, is foolish.
    If there was ONLY vinyl version, the question would be different, but giving files for ONLY people buying vinyls is quite strange in fact.

    So I change my question :

    I'm ready to give 20€ (paypal or bank transfer) to anyone buying the vinyls and giving me the flac files. This way the house is cheaper for someone and I have my garage.

  25. #1525
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    mmhh it looks to me it's still piracy, not allowed here. Also NIN is giving flac for all vinyls, and this is a vinyl only release. If you want to steal it, steal it, again, it's on major warez sites, but stop mentionning it here.

  26. #1526
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,793
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Trent said if you can't afford to buy his music, steal it. So there you go. Just avoid posting any links here.

  27. #1527
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Trent said if you can't afford to buy his music, steal it. So there you go. Just avoid posting any links here.
    Sorry to post everytime, but trent only said it to Australia, not everyone, because of prices over there.

  28. #1528
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Sorry to post everytime, but trent only said it to Australia, not everyone, because of prices over there.
    Maybe he wants our permission to steal it...or maybe it's Trent, testing us... WE WILL NOT STEAL, TRENT!

  29. #1529
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    2,793
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Sorry to post everytime, but trent only said it to Australia, not everyone, because of prices over there.
    Nope, he said it many times on that tour. I saw a similar speech in Russia myself.
    Also, since you mentioned the prices, the same logic should apply to overpriced vinyl record, anywhere.

  30. #1530
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    I don't want a media I can't listen to but I still want to listen peacefully this album. Youtube isn't the solution.

    I can clearly understand Trent idea but I would prefer having the choice betwee, vinyls or a 200€ deluxe CDs release that can also be very limited but at least can be a solution for people that don't care of vinyls.
    I will not pay 75€ for vinyls I will never played just in order to have the flac. Why not 20€ but no more.

    It's a pity if the only solution is piracy because this is the last one I want.
    You could buy the vinyl from any retailer, the cheapest if possible. It comes with a Download code. Grab the code, get the music and then trade in the vinyl at a record shop for money or in-store credit or even sell the vinyl here on ETS. Boom! Problem solved.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions