Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,516 of 1516

Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    I just got new speakers and amp and shit, and am floored by the difference of depth of the sound between The Fragile and Deviations 1. Particularly on TDTWWA, that crushing wall of guitars just got higher. I can’t keep myself from listening to one version and the other. I already noticed the change, of course, but it’s even more remarkable now.
    What is the difference, exactly? I don't have access to the tracks right now, but the wiki says they're basically the same other than the vocals.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Listen with proper closed back isolating headphones... it's even more trippy.
    One day, maybe..

Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    What is the difference, exactly? I don't have access to the tracks right now, but the wiki says they're basically the same other than the vocals.
    Even the "Instrumental" tracks are slightly modified, or even a lot (sounds are added, very noticeable tweaks are made, like in The Big Come Down). It was worked on extensively.

But more than that, what I noticed myself was more about the texture, the clarity of the instruments (for example I can pinpoint way more accurately the fuzz of the guitar(s) on TDTWWA). They really did remade the album their own.

I recall that it was remixed (?) and remastered from the original tapes. And there are no vocals, so the place is all for the instruments. On some tracks, the difference is striking, in terms of dynamics, different volumes.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried mixing the vocal tracks into the deviation tracks?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I just purchased and the card says that the download code expires after today but it seems the link they send to you is already busted.

Anyone know where to get the FLAC from? I purchased a new copy.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post
    Has anyone tried mixing the vocal tracks into the deviation tracks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I just purchased and the card says that the download code expires after today but it seems the link they send to you is already busted.

Anyone know where to get the FLAC from? I purchased a new copy.
    I'm in the same situation. I claimed my code last week and had the same problem.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @wizfan did a cool mix that incorporated elements from the fragile and deviations, along with some stuff from things falling apart, the unused instrumental portions, appendage, and the aatchb menu music (and some other stuff I'm sure)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    I'm in the same situation. I claimed my code last week and had the same problem.
    i was in the same situation after buying WITH TEETH and WAVES, the links they sent me didn't work with google chrome, i tried three/four times and then the links expired.
    I had to send them mails and then 48H later i received new download codes that i used with safari, everything worked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by untold View Post
    i was in the same situation after buying WITH TEETH and WAVES, the links they sent me didn't work with google chrome, i tried three/four times and then the links expired.
    I had to send them mails and then 48H later i received new download codes that i used with safari, everything worked.
    I emailed support immediately after it happened. I haven't heard back yet, possibly due to the holidays.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Finally got myself a copy of this, but the download card expired. Going to try and email to see if I can possibly still get one.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Finally got myself a copy of this, but the download card expired.
    Did you even try to use it? They extended all the download codes until the end of 2020.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Did you even try to use it? They extended all the download codes until the end of 2020.
    Yep. Wouldn’t go through each time I put it in, so I’m thinking my code turned to bunk.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Hm, that's too bad. Maybe they didn't extend it all the way until the end of the year then.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Hm, that's too bad. Maybe they didn't extend it all the way until the end of the year then.
    All good as they sent me a new code within 24 hours after emailing them!

I don't know why I waited so long to pick this up all things considered with The Fragile being my favorite record / era from Trent. Hell, I even waited to hear most of the "newer" material in full until I got this ... but I'm glad I did.

The last few nights have been so good to sit and experience it. Makes me wonder what a "Deviations 2" is going to be ... if a thing at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So ever since I heard all the tracks on YouTube right after this released, I think about them on a weekly basis and want to hear it again. Is there anyway to purchase just the download code?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    So ever since I heard all the tracks on YouTube right after this released, I think about them on a weekly basis and want to hear it again. Is there anyway to purchase just the download code?
    Not that I know of.