Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1516

Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Why is the only solution piracy? You can purchase the digital files from the website and as a bonus get the vinyl for free.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your frustration. However, if you apply this scenario to any other media it seems pretty straight-forward (e.g. I want this garage, but not the house it's attached to. Why do I have to pay so much? I will just steal the house... It is the only option).

If the music was not available to purchase in any capacity I would agree, but in this case you can easily purchase this.
    Nearly good point.

Sorry, but 75€ for a garage and letting the house empty, is foolish.
    If there was ONLY vinyl version, the question would be different, but giving files for ONLY people buying vinyls is quite strange in fact.

So I change my question :

I'm ready to give 20€ (paypal or bank transfer) to anyone buying the vinyls and giving me the flac files. This way the house is cheaper for someone and I have my garage.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    mmhh it looks to me it's still piracy, not allowed here. Also NIN is giving flac for all vinyls, and this is a vinyl only release. If you want to steal it, steal it, again, it's on major warez sites, but stop mentionning it here.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Trent said if you can't afford to buy his music, steal it. So there you go. Just avoid posting any links here.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Trent said if you can't afford to buy his music, steal it. So there you go. Just avoid posting any links here.
    Sorry to post everytime, but trent only said it to Australia, not everyone, because of prices over there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Sorry to post everytime, but trent only said it to Australia, not everyone, because of prices over there.
    Maybe he wants our permission to steal it...or maybe it's Trent, testing us... WE WILL NOT STEAL, TRENT!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Nope, he said it many times on that tour. I saw a similar speech in Russia myself.
    Also, since you mentioned the prices, the same logic should apply to overpriced vinyl record, anywhere.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    I don't want a media I can't listen to but I still want to listen peacefully this album. Youtube isn't the solution.

I can clearly understand Trent idea but I would prefer having the choice betwee, vinyls or a 200€ deluxe CDs release that can also be very limited but at least can be a solution for people that don't care of vinyls.
    I will not pay 75€ for vinyls I will never played just in order to have the flac. Why not 20€ but no more.

It's a pity if the only solution is piracy because this is the last one I want.
    You could buy the vinyl from any retailer, the cheapest if possible. It comes with a Download code. Grab the code, get the music and then trade in the vinyl at a record shop for money or in-store credit or even sell the vinyl here on ETS. Boom! Problem solved.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @CAMEO172

Good just download the flacs and send Trent a postcard or something

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    @CAMEO172

Good just download the flacs and send Trent a postcard or something
    Or that $20 you were going to pay for the flacs.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Paying $20 someone for a simple torrent is sad

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I want this conversation to die.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I want this conversation to die.
    Would be better off deleting everything. Nothing of value will be lost.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMEO172 View Post
    Help Me I Am In Hell
    I "gifted" you a fresh download code. Let's all be friends.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Did any other big name musician release music in similar way = vinyl+download but not separate?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Did any other big name musician release music in similar way = vinyl+download but not separate?
    A lot of bands have. Specifically a lot of reissues and remasters are released that way. I discovered the Steven Wilson remixes of King Crimson's discography a couple of years ago (which are absolutely essential for a KC fan) and they are physical only. It's such a shame because so much work was put into them and they are heads and tails better than the original mixes, but only a small group of people will ever hear them.

EDIT: Also, a lot of Record Store Day stuff has been that way.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    A lot of bands have. Specifically a lot of reissues and remasters are released that way. I discovered the Steven Wilson remixes of King Crimson's discography a couple of years ago (which are absolutely essential for a KC fan) and they are physical only. It's such a shame because so much work was put into them and they are heads and tails better than the original mixes, but only a small group of people will ever hear them.

EDIT: Also, a lot of Record Store Day stuff has been that way.
    Wtf? Wilson's KC remixes are available on CD, CD/DVD package or every single 40th anniversary series box sets the band released so far except THRAK (which was done by Jakko). It was never exclusive to vinyl. They're widely available. Lots of fans have heard them.

In fact, I don't have any problem whatsoever with vinyl exclusives if they come with a download card. The Deviations price is fair. No casual fan will be interested in 3 hours of The Fragile instrumentals. The problem was the minimal vinyl packaging, no booklets and such, but nevertheless you get the product and the lossless audio files. Just burn the CD if you must.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Wtf? Wilson's KC remixes are available on CD, CD/DVD package or every single 40th anniversary series box sets the band released so far except THRAK (which was done by Jakko). It was never exclusive to vinyl. They're widely available. Lots of fans have heard them.

In fact, I don't have any problem whatsoever with vinyl exclusives if they come with a download card. The Deviations price is fair. No casual fan will be interested in 3 hours of The Fragile instrumentals. The problem was the minimal vinyl packaging, no booklets and such, but nevertheless you get the product and the lossless audio files. Just burn the CD if you must.
    What a weirdly aggressive way to correct me. So excuse me, let me amend my statement: the KC remixes aren't limited to vinyl, they're limited to vinyl and CD, still with no download option. And when I suggest them to a friend, that friend will not be hearing the remixes when they look them up, thanks to a lack of digital versions. So no, only a small group of people will hear them, because only people who are already fans enough to buy a physical product will hear them. That's a subset of a subset of a group of people and no matter what the numbers are, they're a fraction of a fraction of what they would be if I could send a potential fan a Spotify or iTunes link. I could have used other remasters as an example, but I wanted to plug a band I really enjoy.

Also, I gave absolutely no opinion on Deviations at all, I just answered a question that someone asked. No reason for this kind of response. That's the real WTF here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    What a weirdly aggressive way to correct me. So excuse me, let me amend my statement: the KC remixes aren't limited to vinyl, they're limited to vinyl and CD, still with no download option. And when I suggest them to a friend, that friend will not be hearing the remixes when they look them up, thanks to a lack of digital versions. So no, only a small group of people will hear them, because only people who are already fans enough to buy a physical product will hear them. That's a subset of a subset of a group of people and no matter what the numbers are, they're a fraction of a fraction of what they would be if I could send a potential fan a Spotify or iTunes link. I could have used other remasters as an example, but I wanted to plug a band I really enjoy.

Also, I gave absolutely no opinion on Deviations at all, I just answered a question that someone asked. No reason for this kind of response. That's the real WTF here.
    I meant absolutely no offense. I get where you're coming from, and I apologize if you feel offended.
    Also, the Deviations comment was not a response to you. Only the first paragraph was.

With that being said, the lack of digital downloads when it comes to King Crimson are the band's or Robert Fripp's decision, and I support it.
    First of all, if someone is, or is to be interested in a band like King Crimson, they would be not against buying the physical product.
    Ripping CDs are not rocket science, nor ripping DVDs or blu-rays. They are all digital copies of the original. Lack of digital versions? I don't think so.

And recently King Crimson made a lot of live albums available on Spotify, which represents the band much better compared to studio recordings, according to Fripp.
    30th anniversary remasters with exclusive bonus tracks for iTunes were available from the beginning.
    Those, in my opinion, should be more than enough to test the waters before a potential fan decides to dive in.

Also, I think King Crimson is not a band for the masses - it's actually a band for a subset of a subset of a group of music enthusiasts. Especially in 2019.
    If someone wants to listen to music, let alone KC music, only through Youtube or Spotify, I can say, with confidence, that person won't care about the difference between SW's remix or the original mix.
    If not, buy the CD and rip it. Problem solved. Same price or less compared to iTunes, and you get lossless files with a booklet, liner notes written by Sid Smith. Worth every penny.
    Deviations is also a niche product, not for the masses of NIN fans. Same logic applies. That's why I mentioned it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    I can't think of anything if you limit it to big acts. Maybe Radiohead or Thom Yorke did, but I'm not a fan of them so I won't know.
    There could be some instances, but I guess only a song or two as vinyl exclusives, not 4 LPs worth of new materials, not available anywhere else.

Rush released their 2015/2016 remasters, which sounds phenomenal, on vinyl only. But they were available to purchase separately on HDtracks.
    U2 is doing a similar thing, not a great improvement compared to the original but still remastered, vinyl only. With download codes.
    You have to use a different master for vinyl if you want them to sound good, so I think there's a bit of a publicity gimmick involved in the U2 remaster campaign.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I meant absolutely no offense. I get where you're coming from, and I apologize if you feel offended.
    Also, the Deviations comment was not a response to you. Only the first paragraph was.

With that being said, the lack of digital downloads when it comes to King Crimson are the band's or Robert Fripp's decision, and I support it.
    First of all, if someone is, or is to be interested in a band like King Crimson, they would be not against buying the physical product.
    Ripping CDs are not rocket science, nor ripping DVDs or blu-rays. They are all digital copies of the original. Lack of digital versions? I don't think so.

And recently King Crimson made a lot of live albums available on Spotify, which represents the band much better compared to studio recordings, according to Fripp.
    30th anniversary remasters with exclusive bonus tracks for iTunes were available from the beginning.
    Those, in my opinion, should be more than enough to test the waters before a potential fan decides to dive in.

Also, I think King Crimson is not a band for the masses - it's actually a band for a subset of a subset of a group of music enthusiasts. Especially in 2019.
    If someone wants to listen to music, let alone KC music, only through Youtube or Spotify, I can say, with confidence, that person won't care about the difference between SW's remix or the original mix.
    If not, buy the CD and rip it. Problem solved. Same price or less compared to iTunes, and you get lossless files with a booklet, liner notes written by Sid Smith. Worth every penny.
    Deviations is also a niche product, not for the masses of NIN fans. Same logic applies. That's why I mentioned it.
    It's cool, it's hard to infer tone through text. You're right about everything you say here, and I'm not a digital only person, but I do like the option. I guess more than anything it's a convenience issue. I'll order a CD or record and be fine when it arrives, but I'll be grumbling about it the whole time. I support any band releasing music however they want (including NIN) but if I was a musician I'd want to release it in a format that made it available to the most people, even if I didn't believe that it was the absolute best listening experience.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Made this some time ago. Inspired by the rawness of the package itself (yes I wanted a booklet included like TF DE/ OG edition) and the fact that I had a simple crappy hp color scanner/ printer I decided to blend together the cd and vinyl versions of TF with the art from Deviations 1. With the exception of the Memorex logo peeking through I thought it came out well. Now it can sit with my classic version of the fragile cd (until i make a TFDE on cd )

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    Made this some time ago. Inspired by the rawness of the package itself (yes I wanted a booklet included like TF DE/ OG edition) and the fact that I had a simple crappy hp color scanner/ printer I decided to blend together the cd and vinyl versions of TF with the art from Deviations 1. With the exception of the Memorex logo peeking through I thought it came out well. Now it can sit with my classic version of the fragile cd (until i make a TFDE on cd )
    That looks amazing ! Reminds me a bit of promo CDs with all the white space.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This would look gorgeous as a digipack or digisleeve/wallet with all of the artwork included in the PDF file as a booklet. Even better, do it as a digibook like Hesitation Marks deluxe edition.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I did the same thing, only I had a 12" x 12" booklet made out of the PDF for that bare bones-ass packaging. Good stuff. Why curse the darkness when you can light a candle?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    what is happening

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    where is everybody

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Trying and lying

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patj825 View Post
    Trying and lying
    defying, denying (that deviations wasn't released on CD)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I just got new speakers and amp and shit, and am floored by the difference of depth of the sound between The Fragile and Deviations 1. Particularly on TDTWWA, that crushing wall of guitars just got higher. I can’t keep myself from listening to one version and the other. I already noticed the change, of course, but it’s even more remarkable now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    I just got new speakers and amp and shit, and am floored by the difference of depth of the sound between The Fragile and Deviations 1. Particularly on TDTWWA, that crushing wall of guitars just got higher. I can’t keep myself from listening to one version and the other. I already noticed the change, of course, but it’s even more remarkable now.
    Listen with proper closed back isolating headphones... it's even more trippy.