Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New nin.com website

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Were those Air and Raveonettes albums added to the Discography section today?
    They were already there. 10,000Hz Legend is one of my all-time favorite albums, I was pleasantly surprised to see it there.

( )
    Last edited by Dimitri.; 12-18-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They added The Day The World Went Away on the Halos/Singles list.
    They probably kept an eye on ETS.

But still, We're In This Together is missing!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    [shudder]

Please don't say that. For some reason, I find the idea of Trent potentially observing any of my ramblings here makes me a little uncomfortable.
    You do know someone has been posting here, don't you? Even in this thread, exactly...

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    [shudder]

Please don't say that. For some reason, I find the idea of Trent potentially observing any of my ramblings here makes me a little uncomfortable.
    You might have to get used to it, apparently. I wouldn't fret though, unless your comment gets singled out and commented on by you-know-who, your ramblings are probably drowned in the noise.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    …I thought that was debunked as bullshit years ago?
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnot really.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    So, any guess as to when the Other 2017 Vinyl Re-Issues will go on sale? I need to waste more money I don't have.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    [shudder]

You know teitan?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    You know teitan?
    Him who eats dreams; him strobe(lights). An echoing of voices like the ringing in your ears..

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    They made a correction on the DNS for nin.com on Sunday (or late Sat.), so by now, everyone should be able to visit nin.com and store.nin.com successfully. Anyone still having any problems?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Holy shit : just added in miscellaneous
    PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER [1992]

THERE’S NO REAL REASON THIS IS INCLUDED HERE OTHER THAN WE’RE FRIENDS WITH THEM AND WE LOVE THIS RECORD AND WISH WE WOULD HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH IT.
    tapeworm related ? (just joking)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Also, if you want to access the old NINternet content, you just need to add the following lines to your computer's hosts file:

Code:
    208.81.236.48    irc.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    remix.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    forum.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    member.nin.com
    208.81.236.39    beta.media.nin.com
    208.81.236.51    help.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    phm.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    profile.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    access.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    media.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    dl.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    tds.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    lightsinthesky.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    discipline.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    theslip.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    ghosts.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    halo22.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    yearzero.nin.com
    54.231.11.112    download.nin.com
    216.58.193.115   feeds.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    www.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    login2.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    login.nin.com

It's all still up on Sudjam's servers, however, who knows for how long? I recommend you copy/archive anything you want to keep. If I missed any hosts above, you can find them by querying sudjam's DNS servers directly, and adding it to your hosts:

Code:
    $ host remix.nin.com ns1.sudjam.com
    remix.nin.com has address 208.81.236.37
    @sheepdean, you wanted to download something from remix.nin.com?
    http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=11019
    Last edited by TheBang; 12-22-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: edit with more hosts

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Thanks @TheBang , I'm passing this on to archive team to see if we can get it all saved.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So they added the missing Only single... everything seems to be there now except The Hand That Feeds. Wonder why?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the omissions under miscellaneous -- stuff like the puff daddy remix, the n.e.r.d. remix, that awful jackalope album -- make me wonder.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    that awful jackalope album
    Oooooh I always wondered about that... I wouldn't call it awful, just very generic, even 2wo was groundbreaking in comparison, but I always wondered what happened around this...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnot really.
    Seriously? TR has an ETS profile?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Everyone has one Nine Inch Nails song they hate; this one is mine.
    Heh, I certainly don't hate the track, though I remember I did burn myself out on it prior to the release of WT. They'd released the video for THTF ahead of the album release, so I had that audio rip on repeat for quite awhile, and then they did that whole remix thing as well. By the time WT finally rolled around I admit to being pretty tired of the song. All things in moderation, I guess!

Very nearly did that with My Violent Heart, ahead of YZ, too, but remembered the lessons I'd learned.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I had four or five different options to reacquire 2wo's Voyeurs, but it's like Jakalope doesn't even exist. When the collective memory of the internet chooses to forget you, I feel like a statement has been made.
    Well, 2wo has John Lowery on guitar, Rob Halford on vocals and Trent Reznor on production... Jakalope has Dave Ogilvie, and Reznor on three tracks. And it basically sounded like Evanescence misunderstanding Curve.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Everyone has one Nine Inch Nails song they hate...
    I don't. *shrugs*

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Even the ones I hate, I love. I thought I hated came back haunted. For some reason now I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funny new tidbit in the Misc. Discography.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    Seriously? TR has an ETS profile?
    What's the first fucking rule of Fight Club?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJ View Post
    Funny new tidbit in the Misc. Discography.
    Haw, awesome. I'd somehow missed that they'd put in lots of fun little tibits like that in the discography section; I'd thought it was mainly just covers and tracklists. Plenty of other amusing things hidden around, though the Pantera thing is A++.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You know what's funny? A few years ago, a computer issue caused me to lose a lot of files, Jakalope among them. I'm super-compulsive about always, always paying for everything I listen to, but I decided I was ethically in the clear in not purchasing a bunch of the replacement copies a second time and resorted instead to torrenting. Jakalope was one of the last things I had to replace, and I felt like I recalled the album not being very good, but figured I'd check it out again anyways. I soon became convinced that it was probably much worse than "not very good" when I discovered that I couldn't even find a version of it to steal. I had four or five different options to reacquire 2wo's Voyeurs, but it's like Jakalope doesn't even exist. When the collective memory of the internet chooses to forget you, I feel like a statement has been made.
    I seem to remember they had a spooky ass, cryptic website with some creepy tunes on it. Gave us hope...... Then it turned out to be Pop Music.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    along with ****.nin.com, hostname "tracker.nin.com" has disappeared. People wanting The Gift(s) or The Slip must now find another place !

Edit: or replace tracker.nin.com by 208.81.236.44
    Last edited by chuenthez; 12-20-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I love to hate That's What I Get and I'd really love to hate it on vinyl.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    along with ****.nin.com, hostname "tracker.nin.com" has disappeared. People wanting The Gift(s) or The Slip must now find another place !
    Ghosts I-IV and The Slip are thankfully both up on archive.org.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Holy fuck me I was on vacation and didn't use the Internet once. I can't believe what is going on. Ordered both versions of NTAE, spiral vinyl and the fragile deviations. I thought I was going to have a heart attack that it was out of stock. Fuck yes thank you TR and co! New website is great especially with the discography. Is it Friday yet??? I remember this exact same thing happened to me for the start of the arg. I get home and see all these weird websites about some giant hand reaching from the sky. I am fucking psyched.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I just noticed that there are photos of the vinyls themselves for Broken, TDS, and The Fragile, is that new?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    You know what's funny? A few years ago, a computer issue caused me to lose a lot of files, Jakalope among them. I'm super-compulsive about always, always paying for everything I listen to, but I decided I was ethically in the clear in not purchasing a bunch of the replacement copies a second time and resorted instead to torrenting. Jakalope was one of the last things I had to replace, and I felt like I recalled the album not being very good, but figured I'd check it out again anyways. I soon became convinced that it was probably much worse than "not very good" when I discovered that I couldn't even find a version of it to steal. I had four or five different options to reacquire 2wo's Voyeurs, but it's like Jakalope doesn't even exist. When the collective memory of the internet chooses to forget you, I feel like a statement has been made.
    They have three albums at least, if I remember right. I have them. the first two featured the same vocalist but the third one had some other woman, and it definitely became more poppy as the albums wore on.