Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New nin.com website

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Were those Air and Raveonettes albums added to the Discography section today? I don't remember seeing them the first time I visited the site. If they're gonna go down the "produced by/feat. JMJ route", the section is going to be filled with Ima Robot, Paramore, M83, Beck, Vestascension, the Shoot 'em Up soundtrack, the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World soundtrack... (and those are just off the top of my head)

Also, imagine what will happen if they start adding records featuring Josh Freese. The site will crash forever.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    They were indeed added today. That's interesting. Maybe they'll add the missing singles too.

I was incorrect, oops.
    Last edited by gorast; 12-18-2016 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    And now I can't access the site again. C'mon, site! Get your shit together!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Hoping to see Chinese Democracy added to discography just for lulz

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Were those Air and Raveonettes albums added to the Discography section today? I don't remember seeing them the first time I visited the site. If they're gonna go down the "produced by/feat. JMJ route", the section is going to be filled with Ima Robot, Paramore, M83, Beck, Vestascension, the Shoot 'em Up soundtrack, the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World soundtrack... (and those are just off the top of my head)

Also, imagine what will happen if they start adding records featuring Josh Freese. The site will crash forever.
    I believe they were there last night. But I thought the same thing. I was like, in my library I have three or four records featuring multiple-track performance work from Justin Medal-Johnsen that I know of. Which means I very likely really have 12-16. And you can probably double those numbers for Josh Freese. That section of the discography could be its own webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    They were indeed added today. That's interesting. Maybe they'll add the missing singles too.
    I'm pretty positive that they were there between 00:00 and 04:00 Saturday morning; that's when I started scouring the site last night and when I got super-nerdy over the Discography page.
    Last edited by Sesquipedalism; 12-18-2016 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Again, you can't overstate the importance of specificity.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    They have yet to include that Limp Bizkit record that featured some of Reznor's finest lyrics 8)

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    As Atticus is in the band now, hoping all of his soundtracks get added to the list too. Just so everyone can be aware of like, Book of Eli and Almost Holy

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Book of Eli is a personal fave. Shame about the movie.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Were those Air and Raveonettes albums added to the Discography section today?
    They were already there. 10,000Hz Legend is one of my all-time favorite albums, I was pleasantly surprised to see it there.

( )
    Last edited by Dimitri.; 12-18-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Book of Eli is a personal fave. Shame about the movie.
    Really? I loved that film. I could definitely see Trent and Atticus NIN scoring something with that sort of religious iconography..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They added The Day The World Went Away on the Halos/Singles list.
    They probably kept an eye on ETS.

But still, We're In This Together is missing!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri. View Post
    They added The Day The World Went Away on the Halos/Singles list.
    They probably kept an eye on ETS.
    [shudder]

Please don't say that. For some reason, I find the idea of Trent potentially observing any of my ramblings here makes me a little uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    [shudder]

Please don't say that. For some reason, I find the idea of Trent potentially observing any of my ramblings here makes me a little uncomfortable.
    You do know someone has been posting here, don't you? Even in this thread, exactly...

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    [shudder]

You might have to get used to it, apparently. I wouldn't fret though, unless your comment gets singled out and commented on by you-know-who, your ramblings are probably drowned in the noise.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri. View Post
    You do know someone has been posting here, don't you? Even in this thread, exactly...
    …I thought that was debunked as bullshit years ago?

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    …I thought that was debunked as bullshit years ago?
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnot really.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So, any guess as to when the Other 2017 Vinyl Re-Issues will go on sale? I need to waste more money I don't have.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnot really.
    Huh. I haven’t been around much since 2013, and I haven’t been super active since the 2007-2011 era. I must be misremembering.

Well, luckily my weirder ramblings are safe, as they all have a shiny gold “tl;dr” badge pinned right to their giant walls of text.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    So, any guess as to when the Other 2017 Vinyl Re-Issues will go on sale? I need to waste more money I don't have.
    All three have birthdays in April and May, so probably sometime around then-ish..

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    [shudder]

You know teitan?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    You know teitan?
    Him who eats dreams; him strobe(lights). An echoing of voices like the ringing in your ears..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

You know teitan?
    Yeah, as I said above, I could’ve sworn that, back in 2009ish, that turned out to be a myth. I'm obviously misremembering things.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    They made a correction on the DNS for nin.com on Sunday (or late Sat.), so by now, everyone should be able to visit nin.com and store.nin.com successfully. Anyone still having any problems?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Holy shit : just added in miscellaneous
    PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER [1992]

THERE’S NO REAL REASON THIS IS INCLUDED HERE OTHER THAN WE’RE FRIENDS WITH THEM AND WE LOVE THIS RECORD AND WISH WE WOULD HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH IT.
    tapeworm related ? (just joking)

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Also, if you want to access the old NINternet content, you just need to add the following lines to your computer's hosts file:

Code:
    208.81.236.48    irc.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    remix.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    forum.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    member.nin.com
    208.81.236.39    beta.media.nin.com
    208.81.236.51    help.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    phm.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    profile.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    access.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    media.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    dl.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    tds.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    lightsinthesky.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    discipline.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    theslip.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    ghosts.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    halo22.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    yearzero.nin.com
    54.231.11.112    download.nin.com
    216.58.193.115   feeds.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    www.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    login2.nin.com
    208.81.236.37    login.nin.com

It's all still up on Sudjam's servers, however, who knows for how long? I recommend you copy/archive anything you want to keep. If I missed any hosts above, you can find them by querying sudjam's DNS servers directly, and adding it to your hosts:

Code:
    $ host remix.nin.com ns1.sudjam.com
    remix.nin.com has address 208.81.236.37
    @sheepdean, you wanted to download something from remix.nin.com?
    http://remix.nin.com/play/mix?id=11019
    Last edited by TheBang; 12-22-2016 at 03:54 PM. Reason: edit with more hosts

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Thanks @TheBang , I'm passing this on to archive team to see if we can get it all saved.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So they added the missing Only single... everything seems to be there now except The Hand That Feeds. Wonder why?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    the omissions under miscellaneous -- stuff like the puff daddy remix, the n.e.r.d. remix, that awful jackalope album -- make me wonder.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    that awful jackalope album
    Oooooh I always wondered about that... I wouldn't call it awful, just very generic, even 2wo was groundbreaking in comparison, but I always wondered what happened around this...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So they added the missing Only single... everything seems to be there now except The Hand That Feeds. Wonder why?
    Maybe because they're finally disowning the song?

Everyone has one Nine Inch Nails song they hate; this one is mine. Given the choice, I would cheerfully listen to all the shit that everyone seems to despise—"Everything," "Not So Pretty Now," "Kinda I Want To," "Purest Feeling—twice each, in a row, instead of sitting through one more spin of "The Hand That Feeds." I'd feel like I was getting a deal, too.

I've always thought it was odd how much Trent seems to like the song. I wonder what he sees in it that I don't. I always find it interesting when an artist and I so vehemently disagree over the quality of their work, although usually I've seen it go the other way—the artist thinks something they've done is the absolute worst, and I'd kill for a chance to tell them why it's actually some of their best work.
    Last edited by Sesquipedalism; 12-20-2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Bored at work and wanted to think more about Nine Inch Nails instead of what I'm being paid to do.