Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    These aren't out 'til spring?
    Correct, with the included HD digital download emailed next week.
    Last edited by blassster; 12-17-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Oh man, that was a pretty funny joke in 1995. What a throwback!

On topic... so glad they're doing reissues, finally. I snagged TF for $45 from a Japanese record shop about ten years ago. Considering inflation and exchange rates and all that, $45 in 2016 is pretty amazing.
    Yeah, I can actually buy The Fragile on vinyl. And NEW, too! I honestly never thought I would be able to say that, because those prices, ouch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in the uk store you can only buy so much in one go because of shipping weight restriction it seems, so you might have to do 2 or 3 orders at £7 shipping each time to get 1 of each new release

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    question: the 'lost highway' vinyl (it says it's the 2016 release), is it the 'music on vinyl' (black vinyl) release or a new one?
    I'm wondering if anyone was able to buy this after they offered the digital download with it? I bought it when it first went on pre-order before knowing nin.com was going to sell and don't have a way to rip it...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Oh man, that was a pretty funny joke in 1995. What a throwback!
    The joke's on me; dude could reissue all four or five songs for $80 on vinyl only and I'd buy it sight unseen

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well, so went ahead and bought The Fragile vinyl out of fear of selling out. My first ever vinyl since a Batman story record back in the 80's.

I think I messed up though. I forgot to choose my prefer format for the download. Would I be able to contact customer service and have it changed?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Well, so went ahead and bought The Fragile vinyl out of fear of selling out. My first ever vinyl since a Batman story record back in the 80's.

I think I messed up though. I forgot to choose my prefer format for the download. Would I be able to contact customer service and have it changed?
    I had to deal with their customer service twice, and twice they were the nicest guys, solving my problem quickly.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    anyone noticed this (from the discography section of the website)...?:

SIGNED TO NOTHING RECORDS, KEVIN MCMAHON’S DEBUT ALBUM FEATURES SEVERAL TRACKS PRODUCED BY REZNOR. WE’RE WORKING ON GETTING THIS AVAILABLE AGAIN!

reissue?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's hope the Fragile vinyl comes with the full-scale beautiful booklet like the original pressings...there is SOMETHING of that size and color on the product pictures, maybe it's IT.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    anyone noticed this (from the discography section of the website)...?:

reissue?
    Quake has the same comment. Very hopeful about getting both on vinyl ... just wish Still said the same thing.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    I had to deal with their customer service twice, and twice they were the nicest guys, solving my problem quickly.
    Where on the site do I go for customer service?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I am jumping shit (sic) to vinyl.
    edit: why do I need 10 more characters?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hippygeek View Post
    edit: why do I need 10 more characters?
    Lol I was gonna edit that, but I said 'fuck it' instead and left it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...n-br-3xlp-span

So, is TSN remastered or what? I'm confused.
    Is there anyone who grabbed TSN vinyl before it was sold out? I was about an hour late to know that the EP was announced, and I remember it was already sold out by then.
    Maybe the hi-res audio that comes with the vinyl is the 2016 remaster, or TSN could be one of the next batch of vinyl re-releases.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 12-17-2016 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any idea what is meant by "and more" in TDS description?

"REMASTERED 2016 AUDIO ON 180-GRAM VINYL, REMASTERED ARTWORK AND MORE."

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    anyone noticed this (from the discography section of the website)...?
    I posited that yesterday, concerning the Prick album. DM'd Trent on Insta and said that if that happens, a Prick S/T on vinyl would be welcomed by more than a few in the community. If Trent can get it reissued, I can't see how CD/LP/DL wouldn't be the case. I would love to have Prick's S/T on vinyl and wouldn't complain about some non-album bonus tracks tacked on for good measure..

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Any idea what is meant by "and more" in TDS description?

"REMASTERED 2016 AUDIO ON 180-GRAM VINYL, REMASTERED ARTWORK AND MORE."
    I saw that, too! I'm excited to see what it means. I believe there's a note in the Broken reissue description that it will contain "some secrets" as well..

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post

Is there anyone who grabbed TSN vinyl before it was sold out? I was about an hour late to know that the EP was announced, and I remember it was already sold out by then.
    Maybe the hi-res audio that comes with the vinyl is the 2016 remaster, or TSN could be one of the next batch of vinyl re-releases.
    I feel like it was lazy cut and paste?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I believe there's a note in the Broken reissue description that it will contain "some secrets" as well..
    It's just Trent singing "Secret secret, I've got a secret" from Styx's Mr. Roboto over and over in the left speaker channel of Pinion for fifteen seconds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any ideas what this pressing of Ghosts sounds like? I have heard mixed reviews about the quality (very happy to see re pressing of the vinyl) and can't see anything about pinnacle.

"WE HAVE A LIMITED SUPPLY OF THE UK 4XLP RELEASE, MANUFACTURED BY PINNACLE RECORDS. UNLIKE US VINYL, THERE IS NO WRITING ON THE SPINE OF THE CARDSLEEVE".

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Putting the 2496 ghosts back on archive was on my 2016 todo list (next week), it keeps getting deleted. That said, I wonder if this reissue is explicitly marked as CC-BY-NC-SA?
    From creativecommons.org, notice the second sentence:

All CC licenses are non-exclusive: creators and owners can enter into additional, different licensing arrangements for the same material at any time (often referred to as “dual-licensing” or “multi-licensing”). However, CC licenses are not revocable once granted unless there has been a breach, and even then the license is terminated only for the breaching licensee.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post

THE SOCIAL NETWORK OST
    2010 PRESSING
    2XLP + HI RES DIGITAL

$ 25.00
    Original pressing of The Social Network on two 180gram vinyl.
    Remastered 2016 audio on 180-GRAM VINYL, remastered artwork and more.
    it was a lazy copy-paste job. as you can see from the main text, it's the same 2010 pressing, but the "more info" section has the text from the TDS definitive edition.
    it was also never on sale again, as it hasn't actually been remastered or repressed or become available (yet).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice THIS...blu ray release? vinyl? "Working on it."

If we finally saw this and Still on vinyl + a TSN repress...my life would be pretty much complete.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Wasn't AATCHB filmed in a quality that wouldn't benefit at all from blu ray, anyways? I could see another run of DVDs and hopefully a vinyl pressing. All I really want is Still on vinyl so whatever makes that more likely is just fine with me, although the page for Still makes no mentions of availability at all.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah I asked Rob about it once, they're all recorded in SD (Still's videos too which was all I really wanted to know about), so a BD reissue would be great for the audio and maybe some commentary added, but the video would have nothing gained beyond being a bit less lossy.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Eagle Rock has so far issued plenty of Blu-rays with high-quality sound that had similar issues with video that could not be updated. Plus, a reissue on Blu of this would be an ideal spot for the 5.1 mix of The Fragile.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I understand about the original release and license being safe; what I meant is, this new issue and the first time the HD tracks are officially released outside of the blu ray, unless they are also marked CC we can't assume it applies to them.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Eagle Rock has so far issued plenty of Blu-rays with high-quality sound that had similar issues with video that could not be updated. Plus, a reissue on Blu of this would be an ideal spot for the 5.1 mix of The Fragile.
    Oh for sure, the Freddie Mercury tribute concert on bluray is one of the best "SD on BD" releases, just don't want people thinking they'll get 4k60 :P

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'd rather have a sub-par looking and excellent sounding concert film than the other way around.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 12-19-2016 at 09:51 AM. Reason: And I can think of a few that are the other way around

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I understand about the original release and license being safe; what I meant is, this new issue and the first time the HD tracks are officially released outside of the blu ray, unless they are also marked CC we can't assume it applies to them.
    Depends on if the CC license applies to the content or the files themselves.

I've always been a bit confused about that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Depends on if the CC license applies to the content or the files themselves.

I've always been a bit confused about that.
    It's the files. The reissue will not be identical: different files, different content.