Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1243

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Cardboard sleeve glue issues aside on Broken DE (mine has it too). Has anyone decoded the spiralling scribed message on the musically blank B side yet?
    I can just make out 'Anyone Still Out There?". Clues or old references? I know there were 'secrets' listed on the store page for Broken.

You should try doing a charcoal or crayon rubbing of the etching so you can see it more clearly against white paper.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    It's baffling to me how he is reissuing/remastering/repackaging this many records in such a short time frame. Usually bands reissue/remaster albums one at a time, year after year. What do you think drove TR to choose this way for reissuing his catalogue? The change in art direction? The fact vinyl being trendy again? A sudden need for money? I mean, offering this many "new" records at once surely didn't help prevent this whole Sandbag/Firebrand fuck up.
    Yeah, I am also kind of surprised about reissuing so many records at once, plus releasing a new compilation of music, on top of new EPs *and* soundtrack work. It seems bizarre from a business perspective beyond the free marketing – and assumes everyone has $400 lying around. I'm surprised any of them came out as well as they did (The Fragile looks great...the booklets for the others look nice but I can't speak on the others, and I feel for everyone who got the Broken re-issue that's falling apart), but I feel like TF1 really got stiffed on the packaging. The NTAE/AV packages are awesome and I'm still a bit bummed that, for $80, TFD1 comes with nothing. The music is great, but nothing Trent's released has ever been this barebones – not for this price, anyway. 18 years and this is it? It's insanely overpriced, as an object, almost by 2x. Maybe there were licensing issues? Maybe it was just a cash grab. I don't know.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post

Seriously, this essay was pretty damn terrible. The others that I have seen were not as bad though.
    It was extremely disappointing and felt amateurish and focused on all the wrong things. I get the idea of placing the album in historical context but it obsessed so much over other bands and sounds and did a fairly repetitive job of describing the actual album and time period, and if it was about framing it in time, it somehow managed to avoid any mention of the touring, videos and related work around it. I also ethically cannot support Limp Bizkit being talked about in a package for The Downward Spiral, and if I ever have to read about the Tate House again I will look into the sun to blind my eyes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnilimbO View Post
    You should try doing a charcoal or crayon rubbing of the etching so you can see it more clearly against white paper.
    I'll give that a try. Straight in at #1 of things you never expected to do with your new vinyl =)

Edit: Sorry, didn't work. either my technique with pencil and paper is bad or the pattern is too small and nondescript. Perhaps someone with better technique can do it.
    It's very small lettering in places.
    Last edited by afors; 08-23-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OK, lets see how well this comes out. Photographed Broken DE B-Side spiral text. Here's the sequence all together for those of you who don't have Broken DE -

AND BIGGER VERSION LINKED BELOW

https://goo.gl/photos/DgnyRvhGUeCY8rBn7
    Last edited by afors; 08-23-2017 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Robot Jox, technically of the sci-fi genre.

Thanks for the video i'll be checking it out later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find it strange that he didn't include Appendage with vox on the Definitive Fragile release. Unless you have the cassette from back in the day, there's no way to get an official release of it, which is a shame.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Edit:
    Nothing to see here. Should have read farther down before responding.
    Last edited by kargath; 08-23-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listened to my NTAE vinyl last night and it sounded great. Very pleased.

Quick question - and please excuse my ignorance. What songs are on the reverse side of the LP? I did not have a chance to spin it last night but I cannot see any reference to these tracks on the packaging. At a quick glance there appears to be three separate tracks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hurt, The Downward Spiral and Reptile reversed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Broken B-Side

I don't know where else to put this besides here. Maybe it's ARG worthy reading, but I'm not seeing mentions of this here and only one mention on r/nin. Tried searching for terms like etch and engrave - but really not finding anything worthwhile

So, side B of the Broken LP is etched - at first glance it looks like a huge scratch. But it's lyrics/words in a spiral pattern. It's super fine print, hard to photograph and hard to read - almost like two passes were made in some areas. A couple of things are easy to read, they're deeper and clearer. See pics below.

When I have more free time later today, I'm going to try to scan the back of the album and mess with the contrast to see if I can read it better.

"no i said"

"this isn't meant to last this is for right now"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slammy79 View Post
    I don't know where else to put this besides here. Maybe it's ARG worthy reading, but I'm not seeing mentions of this here and only one mention on r/nin. Tried searching for terms like etch and engrave - but really not finding anything worthwhile

So, side B of the Broken LP is etched - at first glance it looks like a huge scratch. But it's lyrics/words in a spiral pattern. It's super fine print, hard to photograph and hard to read - almost like two passes were made in some areas. A couple of things are easy to read, they're deeper and clearer. See pics below.

When I have more free time later today, I'm going to try to scan the back of the album and mess with the contrast to see if I can read it better.

"no i said"

"this isn't meant to last this is for right now"
    Scroll back a page or so in this thread I posted images of the whole message.
    and before that what I could read of the whole thing. Message #1035 and #1039 and #1050

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Scroll back a page or so in this thread I posted images of the whole message.
    and before that what I could read of the whole thing. Message #1035 and #1039 and #1050
    Should have scrolled back a page. That honestly works better than searching most of the time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My Broken sleeve is coming apart like others have posted, but honestly it can be glued just fine with the right stuff.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    My Broken sleeve is coming apart like others have posted, but honestly it can be glued just fine with the right stuff.
    What do you suggest for glue?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The Fragile is now (temporarily?) sold out on the US store

I'm still hoping that these releases will be available on amazon one day

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    What do you suggest for glue?
    I was going to use more "hefty" stuff, but I'm reading that it's actually popular to use plain old Elmer's white glue, Elmer's Office Glue Stick, or wood glue, but sparingly. Won't matter what it ends up looking like though, since it's the internal strip in the jacket. Another option though is double sided adhesive tape, less messy, I'll probably do this now. Either way, you'd have to put weight on it for a few hours... take the records out of course!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    I hope these releases aren't really limited. I want to wait a few months for them to fix their quality control and then hopefully buy them on amazon or anywhere but nins store. I want them. All of them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah, hopefully they're just ceasing sales for a little bit til they can sort out current orders.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    There was never any mention of the reissues being limited, and The Fragile has definitely sold out before. That was back in January, though, before we had to deal with any of this horseshit from Firebrand/Sandbag.

I always got the impression that these pressings would be kept in print for as long as reasonably possible (I understand it's not easy with vinyl) as opposed to a limited run. And Deviations was explicitly noted to be a one-time pressing; if the reissues were like that too, why wouldn't it have been in the descriptions?

I do hope they show up on other stores eventually so more people can get them.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    If the glue is falling off of them this easily, you better believe they're being re-pressed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I got my copies of Broken and NTAE today. While being less than meticulously packed to secure safe travel, they showed up unscathed. There does seem to be a glue issue with the bottom fold of NTAE, but I don't even care anymore. hahaha
    I never got a shipping notice..

Who knows, maybe I'll get sent a few extra copies for free!
    Sorry this has been such a clusterfuck for everyone.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    The Fragile is now (temporarily?) sold out on the US store

but still available in the uk store
    no worries, i'd say, it'll be temporarily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I think it's pretty bad that the customer have to fix things on a mint product, but a sleeve can always be glued together. Bent corners can't be unbent, it will be visible forever.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I shouldn't have to finish putting together a record that cost me $25 plus shipping.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Has anyone started a ticket on a replacement sleeve for Broken?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Has anyone started a ticket on a replacement sleeve for Broken?
    I will be if mine arrives unfinished. I'd recommend everyone else does the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think that some of these re-releases are being sold via traditional retail methods, I found a copy of the 2LP of Lost Highway in HMV today!
    Looks like a BackToBlack reissue with the download card.
    Last edited by R37R0; 08-25-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Having now received Fragile DE, TDS DE, Broken DE, & NTAE vinyl, I have to say, that shipping issues apart (and I genuinely feel as frustrated as everyone else about the shipping damage seen by many of us), they form a very nice release. Love the booklets, love the vinyl quality and attention to detail that Trent was talking about. The Fragile DE played superbly well last night and seems to be at home on 3 LP format (no longer Left and Right, just The Fragile, love it). Broken (even with the unglued bottom sleeve edge) and TDS sound just as good. Can't wait for the rest of the DE's to be released. It's too bad we can't all be talking about how good they are instead of shipping/fulfilment frustrations. I hope this aspect gets fixed before the next round of pre-orders though....
    Last edited by afors; 08-26-2017 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The track listing included with TDS is based off of a single vinyl record (older pressing?), or maybe the cassette.