Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I also only have the download link for the EP. My order included all the definitive editions + Deviations.

The e-mail I received said "The new Nine Inch Nails record Not The Actual Events is available NOW, along with any other high-resolution downloads that went live in the store last week," (italics/bolding added by me) so I guess there are at least partial delays in the other newly released stuff. I'll just stand by for another e-mail and not expect anything soon. The new EP is plenty to keep my busy while waiting for the other download links.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perterje View Post
    It sounds to me like the "problem orders" are the ones containing NTAE in any format. My first order on the 16th was for NTAE (physical component) and the two Fragile editions, and that only resulted in a download link for NTAE. My second order three days later was for Broken and TDS, and I got download links for them. Both the links in the original order confirmation (with counters reset) and links in a new mail for each record today work like a charm. This was all from the US store.

I'm guessing the people who got download links for The Fragile are the ones who ordered it separately and not together with NTAE.

Am I right? If so, I'm guessing this is a software blunder on the store's end, causing the release of the new EP to overwrite the need for download links for any other items in that same order.
    I'll confirm that I did buy both NTAE formats including Definitive/Deviations albums in one order and only got NTAE dl links in the original pic only links and the ones they sent out midnight. Help me customer service, you're my only hope.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    same problem here

i pray for receiving THE FRAGILE/DEVIATIONS 1 download link tomorrow morning
    Last edited by untold; 12-22-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    It's been less that 9 hours since the downloads were 'supposed' to be sent out, for albums everyone has heard (aside from Deviations, which was immediately addressed by the NIN camp).

Maybe it's the holidays, but holy smokes do people need a Zanex. Patience is a virtue.
    I dropped quite a bit of $$$$$$ in the nin store, I expect the downloads I purchased to be able to be downloaded. Not a lot to ask.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vivisection13 View Post
    I dropped quite a bit of $$$$$$ in the nin store
    My sentiments exactly. I chose to pay instead of pirate, so I expect to get what I fucking paid for.

I seem to have the opposite problem, I got 3 emails saying that Not The Actual Events was available early, but the download links are for my second order: the definitive vinyl re-releases.

I suggest that anyone who hasn't received an email today should try the link in the order confirmation email, as the link they sent me today is the same as the earlier link.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I ended up opening a ticket about the issue despite the fact I'm sure they'll be deluged with them this morning.
    I ordered everything on one order and only got two emails last night with download links to the new album. No reissue download links.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So far I've gotten four emails about Not the Actual Events and one about The Downward Spiral. Going to guess I shouldn't go about bugging the customer service folks yet since it seems those who got their Fragile downloads are in a minority here. Hope they get it sorted out soon; as long as I get it, I don't mind the wait. NTAE is more than keeping me busy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to ask, but I didn't recieved my links for any of my orders !!
    Kind of... frustratng...
    Is there any torrents already for the definitve editions ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of the people who have received their downloads, has anyone listened to them yet? Do you notice any difference from the previous releases of the music?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I ended up opening a ticket about the issue despite the fact I'm sure they'll be deluged with them this morning.
    I ordered everything on one order and only got two emails last night with download links to the new album. No reissue download links.
    I did the same thing you did, everything in one order, download links only to the new album, and sent out a message to customer service about the whole problem. Hopefully this issue is resolved soon.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    About the emails, I the only ones I bundled together were Broken and TDS. I got the email with one link and within that link it showed both albums to download. The others I ordered separately had their own links.

My fragile download zip said it was corrupted but it unzipped. On my first listen so I will update if any errors occur. If you have listened, were there any errors?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Silly question, but I didn't see this noted anywhere else. Are these re-releases a NIN.com store exclusive or do we think this will be readily available via other sites for distribution when they become available? I saw that it mentioned a spring 2017 release, so we can assume that besides Deviations....these re-releases aren't a super exclusive type situation?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Silly question, but I didn't see this noted anywhere else. Are these re-releases a NIN.com store exclusive or do we think this will be readily available via other sites for distribution when they become available? I saw that it mentioned a spring 2017 release, so we can assume that besides Deviations....these re-releases aren't a super exclusive type situation?
    They will definitely be available wide. The question is whether they'll include a code to download the audio, or if you only get that by buying from NIN.com.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    To anyone having download issues, I highly recommend reaching out to Firebrand Live on Twitter. I just got a response from them much faster than waiting for Customer Service to email me back:

https://twitter.com/minusthesnake/st...70059207921664

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I think that means that the vinyl will be shipped in spring.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Got NTAE, but none of the Definitive Edition links.
    I actually called the customer service people. Got a sleepy girl named Melanie (they're based in L.A. and the UK) who took my name, email, phone number and order number and said she would send off my request to the OTHER customer service folks (NOT customerservice@gnarlyemail.com) and that they'd get back to me in 24 hours.

I'll keep you posted.

Is it weird that I was more looking forward to the unreleased Fragile stuff than brand new NIN?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    To anyone having download issues, I highly recommend reaching out to Firebrand Live on Twitter. I just got a response from them much faster than waiting for Customer Service to email me back:

Did they send you the correct download links?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Will I lose quality if I convert these into Apple Lossless?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIMinal View Post
    Of the people who have received their downloads, has anyone listened to them yet? Do you notice any difference from the previous releases of the music?
    I just started on my listen of The Fragile. I'm only a few tracks in, but so far there's nothing earth-shattering. (I think I saw someone say basically the same about Broken, earlier). There's been a few details here and there which I've noticed now which I'm not sure I'd noticed before, which could be some of the work they've put into this, though I haven't given The Fragile a really close listen in some time, so it's just as likely that they're just details I've forgotten about.

It does sound really, really good, of course. I'll have to run various bits of this through a blind-listening-test app to compare with the original at some point to see how much of it I'm imagining.

Edit: Yeah, I really should've given the original Fragile a careful listen earlier in the week so it was fresher. There's definitely bits where I feel like certain elements have been brought out a bit more, but I don't really trust my perception on 'em: could just be stuff I haven't been paying close enough attention to for the past few years.
    Last edited by xolotl; 12-22-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Will I lose quality if I convert these into Apple Lossless?
    using XLD you should be fine!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I think that means that the vinyl will be shipped in spring.
    Ah, I can see that being when they'll be available else where too. I love supporting my local record stores so I'd really prefer to get from them if possible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post

Just added my complaint to that chain

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Ordered "Not The Actual Events", "Fragile: Deviations" and "The Fragile". I have an original "Broken" on vinyl and can't really imagine it sounding better than it does. But I have that Back To Black Universal "The Downward Spiral" reissue and because it hacks up the songs the flow is off, I'll be picking up this version. And really looking forward to "With Teeth"... if "The Slip" could get a good new pressing, I'd pick that up as well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Okay, five minutes after Tweeting at them, all my links arrived.

Squeaky wheel, motherfuckers.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tweeted maybe fifteen minutes ago? Haven't had a link yet.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Okay, five minutes after Tweeting at them, all my links arrived.

Squeaky wheel, motherfuckers.
    Yep. Same here.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nodylnai View Post
    using XLD you should be fine!
    i dont use Mac, just for my iphone. I usually use the codec from foobar.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Did they send you the correct download links?
    Yes, they resent all of my digital download links each as a separate email.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Ordered "Not The Actual Events", "Fragile: Deviations" and "The Fragile". I have an original "Broken" on vinyl and can't really imagine it sounding better than it does. But I have that Back To Black Universal "The Downward Spiral" reissue and because it hacks up the songs the flow is off, I'll be picking up this version. And really looking forward to "With Teeth"... if "The Slip" could get a good new pressing, I'd pick that up as well.
    I really, really, really hope Trent put the segue between "The Becoming" and "I Do Not Want This" and the intro to "Reptile" in the right place on the new vinyl, because it drives me crazy that they're in the wrong spots on that last Universal pressing. Especially a shame because that pressing otherwise sounds soooooooo fucking good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had great success tweeting their support, got back to me quite fast and sorted out the dl links! now it's just gonna be most of the day before they're done downloading... better than nothing!