Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    so looks like both cds are pa stickered. but they're popping up at walmart?
    Canadian Wal-Marts don't have a problem with stocking CDs with the Parental Guidance sticker, as far as I know. Still just about the lousiest place remaining in this country to buy CDs, but hey at least they still have them.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    I wanna get a VISA and live there...
    just in case: easy street records in seattle

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It's just very satisfying to see Not The Actual Events on CD. I also know that I'm going to purchase it multiple times anyway, as it's just in time for Christmas shopping as well.

And with a select few people I know IRL, I've been gifting the NIN discography right up to The Slip and/or Hesitation Marks over the past couple of years on birthdays and Christmas, so it's a relief to know that I can actually gift NTAE as an official copy alongside Add Violence.

They might not have all turned into really huge fans, but just about all of them liked what they've heard so far.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-18-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    It's just very satisfying to see Not The Actual Events on CD. I also know that I'm going to purchase it multiple times anyway, as it's just in time for Christmas shopping as well.

And with a select few people I know IRL, I've been gifting the NIN discography right up to The Slip and/or Hesitation Marks over the past couple of years on birthdays and Christmas, so it's a relief to know that I can actually gift NTAE with an official copy alongside Add Violence.

They might not have all turned into really huge fans, but just about all of them liked what they've heard so far.
    I know what you mean, if it wasn't for the fact that I literally asked for this for Christmas (my girlfriend was begging me for ideas, i'm usually really hard to shop for because I just go out and buy what I want when it gets released. Just so happens this came out just at the right time), but if it wasn't for me asking for it for x-mas, I'd be out buying a couple right now as gifts for huge NIN fans, one who said NTAE is some of the best stuff he has ever heard from NIN, another guy who is a fan, but I don't think he ever downloaded the new stuff, he's more of a physical release kind of guy, this would be right up his alley.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just picked up both EPs at a Wal-Mart in Calgary, Alberta Canada even though they never grew on me and I will probably only listen to them once to see if I still dislike them. Hopefully the old fashioned popping in a cd will help. I'm surprised NTAE isnt on Amazon yet but in Wal-Mart. Looking forward to enjoying the packaging though and adding them to my Halo collection! Please let the third EP be fresh sounding, quality NIN!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just found out earlier today while I was shopping at Barnes & Noble for the Criterion sale that they would have both CDs available as I'm getting them for my birthday next month. If I had some extra cash, I would get the NIN vinyls and a record player.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events

Any sign of the NTAE CD having different color lyric booklets like the vinyl? I’ve only seen red so far.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Any sign of the NTAE CD having different color lyric booklets like the vinyl? I’ve only seen red so far.
    been wondering the same but have so far only seen red (including mine).

also, i always save hype stickers from NIN releases and i accidentally ripped this one while trying to remove the shrink wrap -_-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don’t think so—all of the CD packaging is the LP packaging chopped up and re-purposed. If the LP didn’t feature different sleeves, then it seems unlikely the CD will have alternate booklet.

It was just the PC that featured variants?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    It was just the PC that featured variants?
    Nay. Some had Red and some had Blue lyric sheets. View discog entries here and here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nay. Some had Red and some had Blue lyric sheets. View discog entries here and here.
    Oh, wow! Well, I have two copies of the CD, and both have the red booklet.

Thank you for linking those differences.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    @ROFLRICK I’m highly doubting 2 CD versions. Both my copies have a red booklet too. Just like the vinyl, this should be visible from the side on the CD as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @ROFLRICK I’m highly doubting 2 CD versions. Both my copies have a red booklet too. Just like the vinyl, this should be visible from the side on the CD as well.
    the digipack is sealed up too tightly to actually see into the section where the booklet is housed, so i don't think it'll be as easy to tell with the CDs as it was the vinyl.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the digipack is sealed up too tightly to actually see into the section where the booklet is housed, so i don't think it'll be as easy to tell with the CDs as it was the vinyl.
    Maybe not quite as easy, but mine has a definitive red stripe:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Gently tap your cd on a flat surface a few times and it'll slide down into a position where you can see it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Is the title "Branches/Bones" referring to the Golden ratio as observed in nature? Nice coincidence otherwise.

Adolf Zeising, whose main interests were mathematics and philosophy, found the golden ratio expressed in the arrangement of parts such as leaves and branches along the stems of plants and of veins in leaves. He extended his research to the skeletons of animals and the branchings of their veins and nerves, to the proportions of chemical compounds and the geometry of crystals, even to the use of proportion in artistic endeavors. In these patterns in nature he saw the golden ratio operating as a universal law.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Call me crazy, but for some reason I just can't put my finger on, I think, maybe, that Trent came out ahead here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ZbXHmI/pubhtml

This is my attempt at collecting some of the references. I know the NIN Wiki has some relationships between lyrics, but I was just trying to capture them. Feel free to comment or email me if you have any changes. I didn't do Idea of You or anything off of Add Violence yet.
    Sorry for the long URL.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Hmmmm.....

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    Hmmmm.....
    Possible. Bit of a stretch, though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Possible. Bit of a stretch, though.
    Yeah- but it still looks cool lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    can anyone provide me a good scan of the download card (front / back) that came with the vinyl. You can blur out the code. I am updating the nincatalog site and I am in need of a good scan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Somewhere deep in this thread the topic of the recycled Still artwork was discussed. I believe someone quoted John Crawford as saying "it will all make sense later."
    Being that the artwork has officially changed (see ninwiki and physical formats), I'm wondering if the original Still artwork has been explained at all? I expected clarity after the 3rd EP's release but I'm now thinking it was just swept under the rug in hopes that we'll all forget. I would love the artwork to connect all three EP's somehow (more than just the scratch marks) and I feel it's a large ball dropped if they don't.
    Last edited by Jordan; 12-06-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Somewhere deep in this thread the topic of the recycled Still artwork was discussed. I believe someone quoted John Crawford as saying "it will all make sense later."
    Being that the artwork has officially changed (see ninwiki and physical formats), I'm wondering if the original Still artwork has been explained at all? I expected clarity after the 3rd EP's release but I'm now thinking it was just swept under the rug in hopes that we'll all forget. I would love the artwork to connect all three EP's somehow and feel it's a large ball dropped if they don't.
    Well, at the Wreckless Records Q&A in Chicago right before Riot fest, it was confirmed from TR that Still would get a Vinyl release. Maybe that is the connection.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 12-07-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    On vinyl, it really looks like a photocopy of a photocopy of the And All That Could Have Been/Still artwork, particularly with the shedding ink etc. I'm pretty sure that the idea was to invoke that era (The Fragile and subsequent tour where TR was losing his mind) and explore that emotional territory updated for 2016/2017 through a different lens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Order NTAE CD from Amazon US. It appears to be EU version. Does anyone know where this US version is being sold? Thanks.
    https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...273?ev=item-vc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duct View Post
    Order NTAE CD from Amazon US. It appears to be EU version. Does anyone know where this US version is being sold? Thanks.
    https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...273?ev=item-vc
    Is there a US version? I was able to pick up a copy at Barnes & Noble in Thousand Oaks, CA. Not sure if it was the EU version, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROFLRICK View Post
    Is there a US version? I was able to pick up a copy at Barnes & Noble in Thousand Oaks, CA. Not sure if it was the EU version, however.
    It appears so according to Discogs but strange that US Amazon is only selling the import. EU version says "MADE IN THE EU. BIEM SDRM" on the front sticker. US version says "MANUFACTURED AND DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL MUSIC ENTERPRISES, A DIVISION OF UMG RECORDINGS, INC." and has US FBI warning sticker on the back.

I'm sure the actual product is the same but just of concern to collectors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It appears so according to Discogs but strange that US Amazon is only selling the import. EU version says "MADE IN THE EU. BIEM SDRM" on the front sticker. US version says "MANUFACTURED AND DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL MUSIC ENTERPRISES, A DIVISION OF UMG RECORDINGS, INC." and has US FBI warning sticker on the back.

I'm sure the actual product is the same but just of concern to collectors.
    Sorry, nevermind...My CD's just came in the mail and they are the US versions (not imports as listed).

Really nice package. So bizarre the quality of this CD release. The materials are way nicer than the The Slip or even Hesitation Marks for that matter. It even has a clear UV text effect on the lyrics in the booklet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry, nevermind...My CD's just came in the mail and they are the US versions (not imports as listed).

Really nice package. So bizarre the quality of this CD release. The materials are way nicer than the The Slip or even Hesitation Marks for that matter. It even has a clear UV text effect on the lyrics in the booklet.
    It's one of my favorite CD releases in a long while. Speaking to the quality of the packaging, it's just the LP sleeve butchered. Same paper stock for the CD outer, as well as the booklet. You can lay any part of the CD over a corresponding part of the LP, and they line up perfectly.