Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Second to last.
    Ah yes, I see it: "HALO TWENTY NINE":

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I just added 4 pics from that "halo29" mention on my googke photo link... holy shit, it's really very hard to see, and covered in black: my photographet took 2 shots before and after cleaning, i tried to crop and guess it on my note spen myself but.... check by yourself on my previous link
    Edit: https://goo.gl/photos/WZbZttEWqrTqfE9P9

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I updated again with my own copy zoomed on halo29... we can read twenty better... what if we all got something different ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got mine!! I think what I'm gonna do is put each page in a comic bag with a backboard, then when I have the time, definitely gonna frame them!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    Got mine!! I think what I'm gonna do is put each page in a comic bag with a backboard, then when I have the time, definitely gonna frame them!
    That's not a bad idea, even to just leave them in individual comic backs and store them on a shelf with the rest of my NIN collection. Wonder how well they'll fit. Also, I see you're in Huntington; I'm in Lake Grove so I hope I got mine today as well!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Has anyone looked at the paper under a blacklight or with a desk lamp to see if there's any watermarks or other hidden detail?

What if the dust is magnetic like one of these?!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I updated again with my own copy zoomed on halo29... we can read twenty better... what if we all got something different ?
    Just added a third copy of that halo29 ... looks the same : word nine is unreadable

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    got mine (my first ) this afternoon. surprised by the fast overseas shipment. will open it next weekend on daylight with my friend.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I want mine so bad now. Seeing everyone post that they're getting theirs is torture. My husband ordered mine and when he goes to nin.con it says the account doesn't exist. I don't know if mine is fulfilled or unfulfilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Got mine today. I'd open it up outside, but it's windy as hell here today, so it will have to wait. Just seeing the sticker and the black envelope is pretty exciting though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I want mine so bad now. Seeing everyone post that they're getting theirs is torture. My husband ordered mine and when he goes to nin.con it says the account doesn't exist. I don't know if mine is fulfilled or unfulfilled.

I don't think I had an account when I ordered mine, but I created one a few weeks ago with the same email address I used to order it and it was there after creating the new account.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi guys. Long time lurker here. Forgive me if I don't respond quickly. I called Firebrand this morning. The nice guy I talked to said the black stuff inside the physical component is "organic makeup" and is non toxic. I had concerns about opening around my cats. Good luck solving the mysteries of the component!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Who's gonna be the first to eat it? Who's gonna be the first to fuck it?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahdriley View Post
    Hi guys. Long time lurker here. Forgive me if I don't respond quickly. I called Firebrand this morning. The nice guy I talked to said the black stuff inside the physical component is "organic makeup" and is non toxic. I had concerns about opening around my cats. Good luck solving the mysteries of the component!
    I had the same concern about my cats (one has allergies) I know TR loves animals, maybe when they release the next NIN album they can include a limited edition NIN cat toy to make up for the black dust. I never opened my physical component but I know my one cat would be down for an NIN cat toy. Her favorite song is Heresy, she has a dark side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No sign of mine yet.

I'm having it shipped to work and I work in a white collar office. Not that opening other people's mail is a problem, but I kind of secretly hope one of my (least liked) coworkers does open it and has to explain why they are covered in soot. I guess there's a trade off of the joy I'll get opening it in my living room, which in honour of this event, I have converted to look like a kill room from Dexter.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Who's gonna be the first to eat it? Who's gonna be the first to fuck it?
    Hold my beer

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Decided to play CSI and open mine up. Laid down some trash bags and got some kitchen gloves, then ripped it open (not literally). This stuff is incredibly cool looking. It wasn't as messy as I was expecting it to be, but the fine layer of "dirt" still found its way around my hands and arms. Took pictures of everything together, then took individual pics with me holding each piece up to the light. (Not easy when you're holding it with one hand and trying to take the picture with the other!). After that, I put them all back into the envelope and put it into a Ziploc bag until I can get them properly framed. Overall, this is a really cool package, and an excellent companion to the album.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have this hilarious image of Trent laying all these art prints out, leaving the room, and him coming back to find his kids having thrown all this powder all over them, then him just saying "Fuck it, ship them."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Has anyone tried to put that transparent image of Trent and Atticuss over the Burning Bright video?
    I did it, didn't see anything, but it looked pretty awesome. Someone else should probably do it though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Since we're talking hidden secrets, is there any way the scratched out eyes in the transparent sheet correspond to letters on the lyric sheets that could spell out anything useful?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I liked the Reptile lyrics in the distance on the She's Gone Away piece.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Received mine today. Didn't open yet. Live in NJ, USA.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I had the same concern about my cats (one has allergies) I know TR loves animals, maybe when they release the next NIN album they can include a limited edition NIN cat toy to make up for the black dust. I never opened my physical component but I know my one cat would be down for an NIN cat toy. Her favorite song is Heresy, she has a dark side.
    After prolonged exposure, my cat seems to be losing its fur.

Last edited by kraw; 03-01-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I didn't get mine like others I had to create an account to get my worthless tracking number. I entered it into a universal carrier package tracking app and 1 time it came up with DHL and one time FedEx. I know it will be handed off to USPS from there. So hopefully "soon".

Did anyone who received have any luck with their tracking number?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I googled the return address label on the envelope because it said Nine Inch Nails, found a street view of Gnarlybrand's warehouse, took a google maps tour of the neighborhood and now I feel all weird.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    I googled the return address label on the envelope because it said Nine Inch Nails, found a street view of Gnarlybrand's warehouse, took a google maps tour of the neighborhood and now I feel all weird.
    As you should you naughty naughty boy.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Here's a quick look at my copy. Looks like a different color scheme from the other photos being posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRHvX57BiWh/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Not to rub it in for those folks who don't yet have this in hand, but going through that thing while listening to the EP, hands getting dirtier all the time, was probably the most fun I've had with a physical 'album' release in a long time. A really well-executed idea from TR+co! I love how the lighter sheets inevitably start picking up extra smudges and fingerprints to add to all the other intentional imperfections, etc. I assume it's sort of just a reaction to my more usual pristine-archival tendencies, ripping things to FLAC, and generally fighting the good fight against entropy... It's nice to have a counterpoint where the only way to actually engage with the thing is to actively change it.

Of course now that we know there's variants out there, I sort of wish I'd ordered more than the one. Ah well!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kraw View Post
    After prolonged exposure, my cat seems to be losing its fur.

How can you say no to this face, I can't thats why she is spoiled rotten. She looks serious because I'm holding a treat behind the iPhone.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Man. That's one weird-looking cassette tape.