Page 99 of 118 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just talked to Trent and can confirm it is indeed one of his babies. He was trying to get his baby to say "Hello Daddy". Carry on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroisgreg View Post
    i just talked to trent and can confirm it is indeed one of his babies. He was trying to get his baby to say "hello daddy". Carry on.
    was it nova lux?! ​please tell me it was nova lux!!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Did anyone notice that Burning Bright kinda transitions back into Branches/Bones pretty smoothly when the album is played on loop? (Kinda like The Wall).

It seems like this EP is a never ending loop, at Burning Bright the protagonist, or some part of him breaks free.

Yet towards the end of it, he confesses to not knowing difference between a dream and reality anymore, the EP stutters out and then Branches/Bones restarts it.

Branches/Bones, lyrically, seems almost like a direct response to Burning Bright, maybe it's just me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has this been mentioned already? Amazon has a listing for a cd version of NTAE, with a release date of June 16

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Has this been mentioned already? Amazon has a listing for a cd version of NTAE, with a release date of June 16
    Whenever I see "import" I start feeling doubtful.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Whenever I see "import" I start feeling doubtful.
    Ah, I didn't even notice that. Most likely a bootleg then? Don't think there was any announcement about a CD release in any region.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, I didn't even notice that. Most likely a bootleg then? Don't think there was any announcement about a CD release in any region.
    If it was a bootleg I doubt they would be offering a MP3 Auto-Rip version to go along with it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    First, there was Firebrand's last-gasp testament that the vinyl pre-orders were rumored to be shipping in late-May.

Then, that ominous message from the band about the NIN store going new and improved in early-June.

Now this..

These just might be the "actual events"; the plot is thickening..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I just pre-ordered it so it better not be a fucking bootleg

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I just pre-ordered it so it better not be a fucking bootleg
    Do bootlegs even have pre-orders?? It would be the first I've ever heard of it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Some German or Italian fan probably got tired of all the dickering around, and pressed up some vinyls with the hi-res audio files from the NTAE downloads. He's going to beat the band to the punch and make some fast cash off those who are sick of waiting..

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    There was a preorder up for that bootleg of the nin/bowie show in STL last year. Real shitty, came out right after Bowie died.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    correct me if i'm wrong, it's not on the UK amazon store,
    well i can't find it......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm seeing the CD up for preorder on a couple websites. One of them identifies it as being from Holland.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    I'm seeing the CD up for preorder on a couple websites. One of them identifies it as being from Holland.
    Can you link us please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Can you link us please?
    BestBuy.com
    CDuniverse.com

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    twenty bucks for a cd ep? fuck off.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    twenty bucks for a cd ep? fuck off.
    Even back in the 2000s, I always thought that I better be getting at least 2 CDs for that price, especially when considering sales tax/shipping and handling, as that would already make it exceed $20.00. And I still enjoy collecting CDs. An EP, even back then shouldn't take more than a $10.00 bill to purchase. To my surprise though (At first, but I sometimes got used to seeing it.), that sometimes wasn't the case at Best Buy and FYE. *Although in the case with FYE, that's actually not so surprising.* (As I've purchased Broken a couple of times as a present along with other NIN CDs.)

With that being said, I obviously and totally agree, as I've always imagined Not The Actual Events being under $10.00 if it came out on CD. (But clearly see otherwise.)

Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Rumor has it there's a coupon code you can redeem for a free CD copy of NTAE hidden somewhere within the physical component artwork, but you have to find it first..
    This takes me back to the suggestion that you have to tear and "peel back" a part of the With Teeth sleeve of Trent's picture to find the lyrics as the place they were "hidden behind something they won't look behind". And well, good one.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-27-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/not-the-...skuId=33028195

(holiday) <---- not sure what that even means. Delivery date says September 1st.

Do not know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/not-the-...skuId=33028195

(holiday) <---- not sure what that even means. Delivery date says September 1st.

Do not know.
    Bullmoose has the same date.

It would be hilarious if this CD came out before anyone got their vinyl copies.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Thanks!

Best Buy is down to $15. I'm guessing the "Holiday" is a misspelling of "Holland" that appears on the other sites.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    So are we actually thinking this CD thing is legit or did some misinformation spread among these websites? It seems extremely odd to do a CD release at this stage, especially after the vinyl mission statement and the scrubbing of all CDs from the official store (the former one at least). Not to mention, the butt-hurt people that were some how confused about the physical component actually being a CD (I still don't get this logic). I expect some backlash from these people if this CD thing comes to fruition... "I want my CD for free! I already paid for the physical component!". You KNOW that shit is coming. I suppose that whole debate could have spurred the production of a CD as there was obviously a demand for one. As a collector, I obviously wouldn't mind some representation of NTAE on my shelf, but at no point did I think one would be released now. To be honest, we've had 5 months to thoroughly digest NTAE's 5 tracks already and knowing that there are supposedly multiple new NIN releases due still this year that's the only thing I've been looking forward to. Yes we're all still patiently waiting for our vinyl, but I think vinyl collectors are used to waiting given the nature of vinyl pressing these days and vinyl increasing popularity again. I mean, I'll buy 2 if this CD thing is real, but it just seems like odd timing at this point.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I expect some backlash from these people if this CD thing comes to fruition... "I want my CD for free! I already paid for the physical component!". You KNOW that shit is coming.
    Rumor has it there's a coupon code you can redeem for a free CD copy of NTAE hidden somewhere within the physical component artwork, but you have to find it first..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It shows up when you burn it

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So are we actually thinking this CD thing is legit or did some misinformation spread among these websites? It seems extremely odd to do a CD release at this stage, especially after the vinyl mission statement and the scrubbing of all CDs from the official store (the former one at least). Not to mention, the butt-hurt people that were some how confused about the physical component actually being a CD (I still don't get this logic). I expect some backlash from these people if this CD thing comes to fruition... "I want my CD for free! I already paid for the physical component!". You KNOW that shit is coming. I suppose that whole debate could have spurred the production of a CD as there was obviously a demand for one. As a collector, I obviously wouldn't mind some representation of NTAE on my shelf, but at no point did I think one would be released now. To be honest, we've had 5 months to thoroughly digest NTAE's 5 tracks already and knowing that there are supposedly multiple new NIN releases due still this year that's the only thing I've been looking forward to. Yes we're all still patiently waiting for our vinyl, but I think vinyl collectors are used to waiting given the nature of vinyl pressing these days and vinyl increasing popularity again. I mean, I'll buy 2 if this CD thing is real, but it just seems like odd timing at this point.
    The wording "physical component" was a red flag that it would not be a CD. This is odd, a CD months later. Still, pre-ordered my copy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    When the NTAE CD is played, heat activates the ink within to leak out and ruin your CD player thus Trent winning his vinyl war.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/Actual-Events...30749&sr=1-580

lol import vinyl version now up for pre-order, too. Wtf is going on here...$34 + shipping for a five-song EP..?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    https://www.amazon.com/Actual-Events...30749&sr=1-580

lol import vinyl version now up for pre-order, too. Wtf is going on here...$34 + shipping for a five-song EP..?
    I thought it had already been pointed out, but that's been up for a while on the Japanese store:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B071N9TFX7

"Usually ships in 1 - 2 months"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holland & Holiday may be mistranslations of Hostess which is a distributor label in Japan.

Also the CD has already taken a price cut on Amazon.

I suppose it's possible that maybe TR had some CDs produced as an unannounced "sorry for the delay" gift for everyone who's been waiting on their NIN.com orders.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Holland & Holiday may be mistranslations of Hostess which is a distributor label in Japan.

Also the CD has already taken a price cut on Amazon.

I suppose it's possible that maybe TR had some CDs produced as an unannounced "sorry for the delay" gift for everyone who's been waiting on their NIN.com orders.
    It's not a gift if you have to buy them :P