Page 83 of 135 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Found a recording of The Beautiful People from Aftershock. It's from a cell phone so you can't see much, but you can definitely tell that he's had too much to drink or something.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but it's just frustrating to witness.

Last edited by eachpassingphase; 10-13-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh I agree. In the comments of my recording from a few months ago, a few people tried defending him, saying "oh he was sick" or "he doesn't sound that bad"

Dude is a train wreck

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Dude needs help.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Found a recording of The Beautiful People from Aftershock. It's from a cell phone so you can't see much, but you can definitely tell that he's had too much to drink or something.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but it's just frustrating to witness.

Wow. I can't listen to that. That's bad for even Marilyn Manson.
    Someone a few pages ago compared him to a drunk doing drunk Karaoke covering Manson but... it's even worse than that, I'd take the drunk at Karaoke over this.
    Even the crowd looks very unimpressed as the phone pans around.
    Guy needs to throw in the towel, and fast.

And to think, there are nut jobs out there (I've seen them post online) that say Manson is in way better shape these days than Trent... Hahahahahaha! Comedy gold right there.
    They must be huffing the same chloroform soaked rag that Manson is before his shows if they think Manson is on the same playing field if not higher than Trent in 2019, lol.

Someone needs to get this guy into rehab. If James Hetfield can go back and admit he has a problem, he should send an open invitation for Brian Warner to join him before it's too late.
    At least with Metallica, the live show didn't suffer like this does.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 10-13-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    His current state is so infuriating on a number of levels, but in particular it's making me question all the posters, all the countless hours I spent as a teenager repeatedly listening to those first few albums.

Was that all a waste? Was he actually never an amazing artist or was I just brainwashed into believing it? I mean you guys have no idea, my bedroom walls were plastered with MM posters, some of which were blacklight lol.

This is fucking with my head and making me retroactively assess whether or not all those years of being obsessed with this person/band were in vain. Major ugh.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    His current state is so infuriating on a number of levels, but in particular it's making me question all the posters, all the countless hours I spent as a teenager repeatedly listening to those first few albums.

Was that all a waste? Was he actually never an amazing artist or was I just brainwashed into believing it? I mean you guys have no idea, my bedroom walls were plastered with MM posters, some of which were blacklight lol.

This is fucking with my head and making me retroactively assess whether or not all those years of being obsessed with this person/band were in vain. Major ugh.
    I think you’re over thinking it. If he brought you solace and got you through some rough times back then, no reason to think it a waste.

Kind of like Green Day is for me. I grew up on Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning, and American Idiot pushed it. Now, their state is in a much better way than Mansons, but I can’t say I can get into anything they’ve done post American Idiot. Every time they release something new I have hopes it’ll bring me back but it just doesn’t. Of course, I don’t look back on all my hours and money spent with them as a waste.

Point is, he gave you something during that period of your life you valued/value. I’d just let that be and accept him for what he is now, which might not be something you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Same here. I think we were all like that. My room was covered floor to ceiling with Hit parader and Circus magazine cutouts, had a whole wall devoted to Manson 20 years ago, then it evolved into a NIN wall slowly before it all got taken down, lol. We've all been there.

Edit: But kinda like @ItsChrisRoss just said, it's just a snapshot of a time in our lives, no sense being embarrassed by it or thinking it was a waste. He generally did get me through some hard times. ACSS, MA and HW are some of the best records out there in the music industry. I don't think it was a mirage or a facade and we were just blinded by the light. You can watch any live show from 1996-2001 or any live interview from back then and tell that he wasn't always like this. Basically, we all grew up and Manson didn't.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 10-13-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It wasn't a waste, this is the same guy that released The Pale Emperor.

I also had my walls covered in Hit Parader/Circus cutouts of Manson and company, glad to hear I wasn't the only one.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Manson is like Korn.....Our generations version of KISS....Oh so cool when you're 13 but once you hit 30, you start to wonder "what was I thinking?"....Those bands are just nostalgia for high school days gone by. If I put on a Manson album now (or Korn) I get bored after 10 minutes...In 1997 I was all over their shit.....I outgrew this music, as did a lot of people....Some people still wanna clutch to their Manson stuff but its mostly out of nostalgia. Its a guy who hasn't put out a relevant album in 19 years and hasnt played a cohesive live show since around the same time. Thank fuck Trent didnt go down the same road and is still a viable artist still putting out great music and great live shows........Manson is heading the Weiland route and if his manager/bandmates etc gave a fuck about him, they would cancel the tour and throw his ass into a rehab....But touring brings money and they need their cash cow. So they will do what Weilands people did. Drag him around from venue to venue, fucked out of his skull, then drag him to the next tour stop. Wash, rinse, repeat. Eventually they will find him dead on the tour bus or passed out on the floor of his hotel room in a puddle of vomit dead to the world...Its rock n roll man

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Manson is like Korn.....Our generations version of KISS....Oh so cool when you're 13 but once you hit 30, you start to wonder "what was I thinking?"....Those bands are just nostalgia for high school days gone by. If I put on a Manson album now (or Korn) I get bored after 10 minutes...In 1997 I was all over their shit.....I outgrew this music, as did a lot of people....Some people still wanna clutch to their Manson stuff but its mostly out of nostalgia. Its a guy who hasn't put out a relevant album in 19 years and hasnt played a cohesive live show since around the same time. Thank fuck Trent didnt go down the same road and is still a viable artist still putting out great music and great live shows........Manson is heading the Weiland route and if his manager/bandmates etc gave a fuck about him, they would cancel the tour and throw his ass into a rehab....But touring brings money and they need their cash cow. So they will do what Weilands people did. Drag him around from venue to venue, fucked out of his skull, then drag him to the next tour stop. Wash, rinse, repeat. Eventually they will find him dead on the tour bus or passed out on the floor of his hotel room in a puddle of vomit dead to the world...Its rock n roll man
    Nah, insane clown posse is my "wtf was I thinking" band.

Pre 2003 Manson I would still to this day consider in my top 5 bands of all time (along with NIN, Tool, Rammstein and Ministry).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    As someone who loved STP and was heartbroken when Weiland passed (even though a lot of people saw it coming), I wouldn't wish to see any artist disintegrate like that. Despite his current state, I still feel bad for Manson. I really hope he can pull himself together. Weiland, Cornell, those hit hard. Manson would hit hard too but I hope it doesn't get to that.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

I've been thinking about this regarding musicians in general for quite some time. It's also given me a constant reminder as to why it's just best to not get all caught up with "X is God/King!" when it comes to musicians or famous people in general. Not to make excuses for it, since self-sabotage is bad no matter what, but the human element and all of its flaws are always there and always will be.

At the same time, I could easily understand why one gigantic disappointment after another would do this to a fan, especially for fans that ever entered diehard or hardcore territory in any capacity. I also went through feeling like that as well, and while I accept the chances, I also didn't feel the same way since Eat Me, Drink Me, and this is coming from somebody that actually likes The High End of Low, The Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down as favorites of the later parts of his discography.

It's also a constant reminder to lower or eliminate one's expectations to prevent further or more intense let-downs, since you sometimes just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Happy 21st birthday to Mechanical Animals.
    Damn... We're old. I remember buying this record the day it was released like it was yesterday.
    Good times. Great record.
    I'll always remember Mechanical Animals as my introduction to all things Marilyn Manson. I didn't get into music and collecting albums until 1999 though, but also didn't become a fan until late 2001 and early 2002. I know this will sound ridiculous in hindsight, but even in 1999-2000, I felt like I shouldn't get into his music for religious reasons back when I was actually religious, or at least thought I was due to my Adventist background. What makes it even more ironic is that I was already comfortable listening to Slipknot, but I think becoming a fan of Slipknot (Which came from also being a huge fan of Korn.) gradually helped "desensitize" me for Marilyn Manson. It prompted me to read what he was about on Google and Wikipedia, since there was no YouTube at the time, and then just gave his music a chance and it was lot better than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    I think youÂ’re over thinking it. If he brought you solace and got you through some rough times back then, no reason to think it a waste.

Kind of like Green Day is for me. I grew up on Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning, and American Idiot pushed it. Now, their state is in a much better way than Mansons, but I canÂ’t say I can get into anything theyÂ’ve done post American Idiot. Every time they release something new I have hopes itÂ’ll bring me back but it just doesnÂ’t. Of course, I donÂ’t look back on all my hours and money spent with them as a waste.

Point is, he gave you something during that period of your life you valued/value. IÂ’d just let that be and accept him for what he is now, which might not be something you like.

My thoughts exactly as well. That's what also occurred to me after a while. Sometimes it's not even about musicians going bad and getting worse, but more of a chance of overall preference and opinion, or just not having the same mental and emotional investment and attachment that was once there, which could seem to very-well apply to any other type of interests in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Same here. I think we were all like that. My room was covered floor to ceiling with Hit parader and Circus magazine cutouts, had a whole wall devoted to Manson 20 years ago, then it evolved into a NIN wall slowly before it all got taken down, lol. We've all been there.

Edit: But kinda like @ItsChrisRoss just said, it's just a snapshot of a time in our lives, no sense being embarrassed by it or thinking it was a waste. He generally did get me through some hard times. ACSS, MA and HW are some of the best records out there in the music industry. I don't think it was a mirage or a facade and we were just blinded by the light. You can watch any live show from 1996-2001 or any live interview from back then and tell that he wasn't always like this. Basically, we all grew up and Manson didn't.
    I haven't done that in a while, but I just love the panache of the MM concerts of that era. I know much doesn't have to be said, since it's all been said here for quite some time.

I know I'm always more generous in this case, but I also like to include Portrait of an American Family, Smells Like Children and The Golden Age of Grotesque to that list with Dead to the World, God Is in the TV, The Last Tour On Earth and Guns, God and Government. From top to bottom, for quite some time, I've felt like that's the definitive Marilyn Manson to recommend to anybody should they shell out a hefty sum of money for MM for the first time, or little by little for a proper listen/viewing.

(I might as well should've said pretty much anything that came out before Eat Me, Drink Me.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-13-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Was that all a waste? Was he actually never an amazing artist or was I just brainwashed into believing it?.
    Yeah he’s trash. I was a fan when I was a teenager too. Don’t worry, most of us grew up and realized it’s trash. You’re good.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Would you say Manson is where Weiland was (performance wise) in 2015?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Would you say Manson is where Weiland was (performance wise) in 2015?

this sums it up....One of Weilands last shows. Total trainwreck....This is where Manson is at these days

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

this sums it up....One of Weilands last shows. Total trainwreck....This is where Manson is at these days
    I wouldn’t say Mansons that far gone yet. As someone who loved Weiland, that was painful to watch then, and painful to watch now. His eyes are vacant. Nothing.

Manson moves around more from what I’ve seen. I saw Manson twice last year, the first time was better but was when his foot was injured and the second time was with zombie and I was bored during mansons set. Idk. I don’t think he’s there ^^^ yet.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Thank fuck Trent didnt go down the same road and is still a viable artist still putting out great music and great live shows
    When you look back in time at Trent, you really have to admire how he handled things and how much control he had over his own destiny. He really grabbed his life by the balls and said "no, this isn’t going to happen". Hell, I know Manson’s father died, but TR was going through the same thing really, when you look at the substance abuse combined with the death of his grandmother who effectively raised him. And look at him now. On child number five in an awesome marriage winning Oscars!

I kind of liken Trent and Dave Gahan together. They’re both Taureans, both went through a shitload of fuck with substance abuse, but came out the other end reborn in the most positive ways. We have to be really thankful for that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    When you look back in time at Trent, you really have to admire how he handled things and how much control he had over his own destiny. He really grabbed his life by the balls and said "no, this isn’t going to happen". Hell, I know Manson’s father died, but TR was going through the same thing really, when you look at the substance abuse combined with the death of his grandmother who effectively raised him. And look at him now. On child number five in an awesome marriage winning Oscars!

I kind of liken Trent and Dave Gahan together. They’re both Taureans, both went through a shitload of fuck with substance abuse, but came out the other end reborn in the most positive ways. We have to be really thankful for that.
    i wonder if a wake up call is what’s required like an overdose - both Trent and Dave Gahan had an overdose, but Manson hasn’t as far as I’m aware. Unless you’re Motley Crue of course, overdose, carry on regardless and are amazingly still alive to this very day

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    In the early days Manson appeared to be coherent, clear minded, and very intelligent. He and the band were outcasts and strange, they were putting on a great show, and they were producing intelligent music/songs.

Today Manson continues to be a talented artist, both musically and visually (paintings); though one can easily argue that the creativeness and catchyness of his newer songs are not as enjoyable as his music from the 90s.

I have not been keeping up on Manson as much lately, and I skipped the Manson/Zombie show in my city this year. I listen to all of the new albums when they come out.

The other night my wife and I were having some drinks on our couch and we were spinning vinyl and watching live concerts on youtube/tv, it was an acoustic kind of night.

I said "hey heres a good one"

I put on 'Coma White' live from a performance he put on a year ago, it was not good at all.

I don't expect any thing from manson, and not everyone can have a pitch perfect voice for their entire life.

I realized that Manson is not on the same level as the other artists we were listening to live

- NIN
    - SOAD
    - Metallica
    - Pearl Jam
    - Alice in Chains
    - Shinedown
    - Foo Fighters

etc....

But... meh. It was not enjoyable and I did not feel it.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    i wonder if a wake up call is what’s required like an overdose - both Trent and Dave Gahan had an overdose, but Manson hasn’t as far as I’m aware. Unless you’re Motley Crue of course, overdose, carry on regardless and are amazingly still alive to this very day
    Kurt and Layne had a ton of overdoses and it didn't help them clean up their act....Phil Anselmo had an overdose and it took him a decade plus after that to clean up his act....if I remember correctly, Dave Gahan said in some interview around the Ultra era (97) that he kept using even after his infamous OD and it took another 6 months post OD before he finally cleaned up....I doubt an OD would get Manson to get hit shit together. Maybe Trent can give him a kick in the balls and tell him if he cleans up his act, he will resume working with him

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Kurt and Layne had a ton of overdoses and it didn't help them clean up their act....Phil Anselmo had an overdose and it took him a decade plus after that to clean up his act....if I remember correctly, Dave Gahan said in some interview around the Ultra era (97) that he kept using even after his infamous OD and it took another 6 months post OD before he finally cleaned up....I doubt an OD would get Manson to get hit shit together. Maybe Trent can give him a kick in the balls and tell him if he cleans up his act, he will resume working with him
    oh no, can’t Manson clean up without enforcing his tedium on me? it pisses me off enough that Trent practically gave up his career for several years for Manson in the first place without doing it again. I can’t stand him

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^ Didn't Manson, on the record, say that his album (not sure which album or EP) would have been released sooner if Trent wasn't constantly disappearing to work on his (NIN) album? I remember him saying that on one of his interviews on YouTube. I can't dig up that interview ATM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    ^ Didn't Manson, on the record, say that his album (not sure which album or EP) would have been released sooner if Trent wasn't constantly disappearing to work on his (NIN) album? I remember him saying that on one of his interviews on YouTube. I can't dig up that interview ATM.
    I have no idea the context/accuracy of that, but it only makes sense that it would be in reference to Portrait.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Didn’t he also say that the masters for Antichrist Superstar were lost, which was a total lie!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Think it was mentioned in Long Hard Road... that Trent was working on the Lost Highway soundtrack a lot during the ACSS recording sessions.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Didn’t he also say that the masters for Antichrist Superstar were lost, which was a total lie!

Source?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Source?
    Interview with Howard Stern, it’s from his own mouth. This is an article about it

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...in-the-future/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I know I saw it, it was a couch interview. I’ll try to find the time to find it and I’ll share! He also said “aforementioned asshole didn’t come up with the drum roll for The Beautiful People”. I’m not sure what that’s about, did TR try to take credit for the drum roll on TBP?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)