Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3036

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Manson with Filter in the "We love Trent Reznor and wish he would still acknowledge our existence" Tour

Boom, right in the feels! Comedy gold.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    What's more disappointing is Richard teaming up with Brian Liesegang, apparently almost finishing an album, and then scrapping it all due to the PledgeMusic fiasco.
    Agreed. I forgot about this. I donít think he scrapped it completely because of the Pledge Music thing though, and I was annoyed to hear that his reformation with Brian basically amounted to nothing now. Last year was a bad year for Filter and RP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Marilyn Manson and Motionless in White, from a marketing perspective, should absolutely happen.
    Instead, MiW somehow got the hottest band in hardcore, Knocked Loose to agree to tour with them this summer. I have no problem with the notion of bands like KL, Code Orange & Turnstile expanding their audience. I applaud it. But fuck MiW. Hackey nonsense. At least KL opening that Parkway Drive tour this fall is still in the world of acceptance, even with PD selling out a few years ago.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Instead, MiW somehow got the hottest band in hardcore, Knocked Loose to agree to tour with them this summer. I have no problem with the notion of bands like KL, Code Orange & Turnstile expanding their audience. I applaud it. But fuck MiW. Hackey nonsense. At least KL opening that Parkway Drive tour this fall is still in the world of acceptance, even with PD selling out a few years ago.
    I like a handful of MiW's tracks but don't really care for the majority of their output. Would really love to see an "up-and-coming" hardcore tour with bands liked Knocked Loose, Seeyouspacecowboy, Pressure Cracks, etc.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I like a handful of MiW's tracks but don't really care for the majority of their output. Would really love to see an "up-and-coming" hardcore tour with bands liked Knocked Loose, Seeyouspacecowboy, Pressure Cracks, etc.
    add One Step Closer to that list:

And while we're at it, look at Gulch destroy everything:

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I'll just post this here to remind how great this band once was.

Everything about this performance is awesome. I used to think they made The Last Tour on Earth album as a mix of songs from different shows because Manson couldn't sing consistently for 80 minutes. Well shit, his vocals here are consistently amazing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post

Everything about this performance is awesome. I used to think they made The Last Tour on Earth album as a mix of songs from different shows because Manson couldn't sing consistently for 80 minutes. Well shit, his vocals here are consistently amazing.
    Lots of bands do that tho. Even the Gift was three shows to choose from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post

Always makes me laugh when the fanboys try to defend his recent shitty vocal performance by saying its because its recorded on a "shitty youtube video" well this is a 1998 video recorded on whatever cam was available back then and it sounds way better than the pro shot we are seeing nowadays

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Guys, I bought it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Three Ton Gate version of Rumspringa you can fine online is the "2012 Edition." But apparently a different version was released back in 2002. I wanted to see the tracklist, to see how it differed from the 2012 Edition, but I can't find any info about it online. I checked the old Three Ton Gate websites with the Wayback Machine, but I wasn't able to find much info about Rumspringa. Is anyone familiar with the 2002 version? Thanks.
    Last edited by adamsrib; 04-11-2020 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As much as I've grown to hate Funko Pops, I gotta say this Manson one is so cute. I may just have to pick one soon.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    As much as I've grown to hate Funko Pops, I gotta say this Manson one is so cute. I may just have to pick one soon.
    I'm in the same boat, not a fan, but this one was a delightful exception.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I'm in the same boat, not a fan, but this one was a delightful exception.
    It's a slippery slope from here...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Feldman did a 40 minute instagram video crying the entire time and Manson was apparently watching and making fun of him. This is too good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Feldman did a 40 minute instagram video crying the entire time and Manson was apparently watching and making fun of him. This is too good

Is this supposed to be funny? Fuck Marilyn Manson.

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    the funny thing is Feldman's weird TODAY! appearance was cooler and more rehearsed than most of these clips I've seen from MM for years. Yeah, it was ridiculous and hilarious, but...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)

been waiting a long time to use this gif for something (since it got thrown at me many, many times by a "friend" who disagreed with my sensitivity on certain topics)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

been waiting a long time to use this gif for something (since it got thrown at me many, many times by a "friend" who disagreed with my sensitivity on certain topics)
    Yeah, I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but hopefully a solid album.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    haha yeah. I'm sure it's Americ's nightmare. Right, Manson?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    haha yeah. I'm sure it's Americ's nightmare. Right, Manson?
    Imagine being so irrelevant you cant offend anyone in 2020.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Master Piece of Shit, more like it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Let's maybe wait for MM to take his proverbial dump before flushing the toilet.

Although who am I to talk? Haven't heard anything since TGAOG.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    lol

This is as good as some of you complaining about the production on Deftones’ Gore album..

Everson..Richard P..when are your next masterpieces coming out? Are they going to be recorded in your basement and posted to SoundCloud or whatever again? I can honestly say, what I heard wasn’t exactly anything I would call fantastic either..

Not trying to start a fight, just agreeing with Katara on this one. At least let the guy release the damn thing before you start to urinate all over it like all his other stuff..

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking from MM in 2020, but as long as it's better than Heaven Upside down, I'm just happy get some new music to listen to.

Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    lol

This is as good as some of you complaining about the production on Deftones’ Gore album..

Everson..Richard P..when are your next masterpieces coming out? Are they going to be recorded in your basement and posted to SoundCloud or whatever again? I can honestly say, what I heard wasn’t exactly anything I would call fantastic either..

Not trying to start a fight, just agreeing with Katara on this one. At least let the guy release the damn thing before you start to urinate all over it like all his other stuff..
    hey, thanks for listening to my music! have a great day!
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 04-29-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think folks were eye rolling at Manson for referring to his latest work as a masterpiece. I can't speak for others, but I'd be surprised if any of the musicians in this thread would have the audacity to describe their own works in such pompous terms. And of course it isn't a masterpiece - we don't need to listen to it to know at least that much.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I just said you shouldn’t be knocking a guy’s album that isn’t even out yet when other people might not think what you do is particularly great either, that’s all.
    So if I'm not good at making something, I'm not qualified to comment on the quality of someone else's product? Nice logical fallacy you have going there.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    first, fuck you. i work my ass off on my music, it's extremely personal and cathartic for me. if you don't like it, i don't care. but don't insult me by acting like what i do isn't worthwhile just because you don't like it. and the fact that i am able to do what i do, mostly by myself, in my old bedroom at my parents' house is pretty commendable. i don't have nice microphones or a ton of fancy shit, and i still get my stuff to sound pretty fucking good.

secondly, i have released a ridiculous music in the last couple years. i put out an album in march, i have a covers EP coming out this week, and i have a label releasing my next album in may. and i donate all the money i make from my music to charity. i've doneated to center on halsted, RAINN, the trevor project, brave space alliance, and other organizations that help people who need help. the money i make from the covers EP is going to chicago mutual aid.

third, what the hell does any of this have to do with my comment? shooter jennings says the album is a "masterpiece" and i think it's probably an overblown statement. i responded with a funny gif. why do you feel the need to ride in and defend manson? you spend so much time tearing down other people but i'm not allowed to make a fucking joke?

Who do I spend so much time tearing down around here? The Pitchfork media critics? I see a whole lot of tearing down going on, about a wide range of topics, from a certain sector of people on these forums, but thatís their prerogative. I donít give a fuck, thatís why I donít engage in it or complain about it. Shitís just funny to me..

Never said your music wasnít worthwhile to you, either. I just said you shouldnít be knocking a guyís album that isnít even out yet when other people might not think what you do is particularly great either, thatís all. I commend you for donating all of the profits you might make off of it to charity though, if thatís what you do. Big ups, man!

Just remember that what you deem commendable and what you think sounds pretty good when it comes to your shit might not be the way other people look at it. Same with how you feel about Mansonís stuff..