Found some pics of what it looks like on discogs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Put some pictures up on my IG.

https://www.instagram.com/paul_m_guyet/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    There should be a better rip within 24-48 hours, but there's this on YouTube:

This remix is TREMENDOUS on vinyl with good cans. If he could make a whole record that sounds like this...man...we could be looking at a whole new era for MM.

That said, I think WAC is the best Manson since GAOG. He's grown up. I don't know if it's both his parents being dead or something else, but he's making big boy music now and I'm so thankful he found something worth sharing with the world.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I skyped a friend the other day who I haven't spoken to in a while, and this friend used to be a huge Manson fan. He was the guy that got me into Manson back in... 1998? A few months before Mechanical Animals came out.
    Anyway, this dude turned his back on Manson a while ago, had nothing good to say about him in any way, shape or form. He surprised me by saying he not only loves the new record, but he actually went out and bought it too!

This record is making old fans resurface again and enjoy him again.
    Same friend also went out on a Manson kick and bought back Smells, Antichrist and Animals all after grabbing Chaos.

Marilyn Manson making a comeback in 2020. Who saw that coming in January? lol.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-18-2020 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The more I think about it.........I think High End of Low might be my 2nd fav Manson album behind ACSS.......Its the album I listen to the most besides TPE these days (the new one will get spun a lot as well).......THEOL is to the Manson discography what The Top is to The Cure discography. Just a splattered drug and booze infused deranged mess yet mind fuckingly brilliant at the same time. This is the unheralded masterpiece and diamond in the rough of the entire discography. The fact so many Manson fans still can't comprehend what the fuck it is 11 years later, is proof of how great a piece of art is. Thats what art is supposed to do. Challenge and confront and even confuse you. One of these days the rest of you will catch up to the brilliance of THEOL
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell; 09-18-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stumbled upon this through discogs and thought it's sound similar to the current album. It was released on The Fight Song single.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps he just got tired of always needing to be 'on'. I still say the album is pretty meh in that almost nothing sticks with me after two full listens, but I'll say it again, where tf has this guy been for about a decade. My hope is for him to take this time without shows to lose about 30 lbs....not fat shaming, but lose that weight that's bogging down his lungs and cardio, and just imagine the first tour after covid if he's 100% into it.
    Whoa. TWO full listens! If it hasn't endeared itself to you by now, it surely never will..

Kind of reminds me of The Fragile. I was 18 when I heard it, couldn't get into it after a few spins and then it sat on my shelf for about seven years before more-mature me gave it another chance, listened to it about 100 more times and realized what the artist was going for. Those are the best kinds of albums, the ones that take awhile to sink in..

Of course, this was practically a lifetime ago, back when attentions spans also ran much longer and snap judgements weren't the order of the day..

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    The more I think about it.........I think High End of Low might be my 2nd fav Manson album behind ACSS.......Its the album I listen to the most besides TPE these days (the new one will get spun a lot as well).......THEOL is to the Manson discography what The Top is to The Cure discography. Just a splattered drug and booze infused deranged mess yet mind fuckingly brilliant at the same time. This is the unheralded masterpiece and diamond int he rough of the entire discography. The fact so many Manson fans still can't comprehend what the fuck it is 11 years later, is proof of how great a piece of art is. Thast what art is supposed to do. Challenge and confront and even confuse you. One of these days the rest of you will catch up to the brilliance of THEOL
    *Scoots over on the tailgate of the HEOL bandwagon so friend Bill has room*

I've been saying this for almost as long as the album has been out. THEOL is everything you could possibly want in a Manson album. It literally has every facet of his persona included in some form or fashion, from POAAF to ACSS to MA to Holywood to EMDM. Ffs, it even points in the direction he would go six years later on TPE in some parts..

I remember Trent making his "dopey clown" diss at Manson at the time of its release. If he had said something like "The guy is an asshole but it's nice to see him making music that's up there with his 90s work again", the tune people take towards this album would be radically different. It's hilarious to see so many people into WAC when it's practically cut from the same cloth as THEOL..

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Whoa. TWO full listens! If it hasn't endeared itself to you by now, it surely never will..

Kind of reminds me of The Fragile. I was 18 when I heard it, couldn't get into it after a few spins and then it sat on my shelf for about seven years before more-mature me gave it another chance, listened to it about 100 more times and realized what the artist was going for. Those are the best kinds of albums, the ones that take awhile to sink in..

Of course, this was practically a lifetime ago, back when attentions spans also ran much longer and snap judgements weren't the order of the day..
    You've been a pretty unbearable prick the past few months on here. Did something happen?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You've been a pretty unbearable prick the past few months on here. Did something happen?
    How so? I can't recall the last time I even interacted with you, or ever, for that matter..

If you're referring to the way I come off in this thread, then chalk it up to a contrasting point of view that doesn't follow the Manson norm, I guess? It's just unfortunate to see some people brushing off an album after only a listen or two when spending some time with it bears pretty amazing fruit. Dude's made an album that manages to sound like a new aspect of his persona, that frankly doesn't get enough attention, yet suits him very well at this stage..

Spend some more time with it. Seek out the acoustic versions of a couple of the songs that are on the special editions; Broken Needle acoustic is stupid great. He's delivered something special and worthy of one's time and, for some of you, it's what you've been asking for for what seems like forever now..

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    How so? I can't recall the last time I even interacted with you, or ever, for that matter..
    I don't have to talk to someone directly to see that they're being a prick.

If you're referring to the way I come off in this thread, then chalk it up to a contrasting point of view that doesn't follow the Manson norm, I guess? It's just unfortunate to see some people brushing off an album after only a listen or two when spending some time with it bears pretty amazing fruit. Dude's made an album that manages to sound like a new aspect of his persona, that frankly doesn't get enough attention, yet suits him very well at this stage..
    To say that after two listens, nothing sticks with me is a fair assessment. I'm around the same age as you, in that I was 17 when The Fragile dropped. Took you years to 'give it another chance', whereas I immediately loved it, knowing that many would say it was bloated, too long, yada yada. Weird. I guess it's good that you finally came around to it, and developed a more mature way to hear/understand music, I guess?

Spend some more time with it. Seek out the acoustic versions of a couple of the songs that are on the special editions; Broken Needle acoustic is stupid great. He's delivered something special and worthy of one's time and, for some of you, it's what you've been asking for for what seems like forever now..
    Seems like this is a more friendly, productive way to get the point across rather than being a sarcastic prick? Could be just me...

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    EDIT: nvm
    Last edited by tony.parente; 09-18-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Hahaha meh, someone's a dick to me randomly I'm not just gonna sit back. Act like a prick, can't get salty when someone calls you out on it. Seems like basic logic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Has anyone actually received any of the versions from his store? I bought the splatter version and got shipping notification on the 14th but no movement since. At this rate, the thing will have been out two - three weeks until I get my copy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Stumbled upon this through discogs and thought it's sound similar to the current album. It was released on The Fight Song single.
    I don't really see it... it's a John Lennon cover, and it doesn't really change the song much.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Has anyone actually received any of the versions from his store? I bought the splatter version and got shipping notification on the 14th but no movement since. At this rate, the thing will have been out two - three weeks until I get my copy lol

Seems like everyone whos tracking shows it's in Batavia, IL are all in the same boat. Seems like theres 3-4 pallets of stuff in a distribution center they refuse to scan in and move forward.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Seems like everyone whos tracking shows it's in Batavia, IL are all in the same boat. Seems like theres 3-4 pallets of stuff in a distribution center they refuse to scan in and move forward.
    Pretty much what I thought. Thanks! Funny - I ordered Quake and Social Network from NIN - shipping notification same day lmao

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Hi i'm october midnight, since Haz isn't on the MM thread anymore i've gotta randomly start shit with someone else out of nowhere and completely derail the thread for no reason.
    He didn't start anything, or derail the thread at all. I initiated the conversation 100%..

I don't have to talk to someone directly to see that they're being a prick.
    Fair enough. Just keep in mind that it works both ways. I see you spending more time trolling shitty nu-metal bands on Twitter and paying more attention to a guy's weight than his (currently great) music, and I might form an unfavorable opinion of you myself. Or not, because I probably don't care. It's nothing personal..

To say that after two listens, nothing sticks with me is a fair assessment. I'm around the same age as you, in that I was 17 when The Fragile dropped. Took you years to 'give it another chance', whereas I immediately loved it, knowing that many would say it was bloated, too long, yada yada. Weird. I guess it's good that you finally came around to it, and developed a more mature way to hear/understand music, I guess?
    Well, when you're 50 and eventually digging the hell out of this new album and THEOL, we'll remember moments like these for what they are. In the meantime, we'll laugh about it now and acknowledge that's it's funny how everything works out..

Seems like this is a more friendly, productive way to get the point across rather than being a sarcastic prick? Could be just me...
    Could be. But what's more likely is you'll warm up to this new album, whereas I'll always be a sarcastic (but ultimately harmless) prick..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Fair enough. I usually only warm up to good albums, not knee jerk stuff that nobody talks about months later (see any of MM's past like four albums) but who knows. THEOL is still trash, hopefully I listened to it enough times to warrant having 'really experienced it' someday.

Oh, and yeah...definitely not personal. I work in social media, so I come across people like you basically about 250x a day lol.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Who did the Khaos remix? Was this self-remixed? It kind of sounds like it came from the Poppy camp maybe? I know her and Manson are friends, and she just put out that Khaos X4 track.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Fair enough. I usually only warm up to good albums, not knee jerk stuff that nobody talks about months later (see any of MM's past like four albums) but who knows. THEOL is still trash, hopefully I listened to it enough times to warrant having 'really experienced it' someday.
    Funny because a LOT of people are still talking about his last four albums, especially in here. Granted, only one of them gets routine praise, but alas..

Oh, and yeah...definitely not personal. I work in social media, so I come across people like you basically about 250x a day lol.
    Seems like there's a lot more open-minded well-informed guys my age who aren't afraid to call assholes out for being..well, assholes these days. Good to see someone's keeping track out there, lol

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    lol sure thing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Well, after about twenty listens, I'm still pretty much where I was on listens three and four. This is a good effort, if pretty unmemorable. It's pretty even and I don't regret spending time with the LP regardless of the fact that I don't think I'm likely to spend much more; it never would have gotten a sixth spin (my minimum for new records is five) if it weren't for the name Marilyn Manson being attached to it, and the nostalgia-based affection for the "band" because of what it used to mean to me.

Instrumentally, I think the album is pretty dull, but totally competent. Though ironically, "Keep My Head Together" was the takeaway from the album for me—in part because of the instrumental's little flourishes of early 1990s "goth" guitar. And my least favorite track, "Perfume," is actually instrumentally fun. But again, I find everything largely unmemorable. "Red, Black, & Blue" and "Infinite Darkness" probably strike me as the most lackluster instrumental moments on the album. I stand by my original assessment of this album as more or less modern day adult contemporary. It's pretty toothless and generic stuff, none of which would sound out of place in the background of some mid-season Fox version of CSI. But I think it suits him well enough.

Fan-favorite "Paint You With My Love" grew on me a little bit, even though I still think it's lyrically crap—that oblique second verse, culminating in that "and death is a profession" snippet is vintage Manson deliberately-awkward-because-it's-so-clever garbage and I fucking hate it. As @Jinsai said, though, I'd rather a hundred experiments like this than he does a single thing from Heaven ever again—even though I think this particular experiment succeeded less than it failed. "Broken Needle" also fails, for me, in the long-run, entirely on account of the "Because I'm shitty (and don't want to be fixed), I messed you up and am now no longer interested in you—and what fate could be worse than that?" ethos that prevails through the bulk of the song, almost in defiance of its fantastic first verse. Which I consider a big goddamned shame. If it hadn't started out so strong, the rest of the nonsense wouldn't've bothered me as much.

If indeed Shooter Jennings is to thank for the way this album turned out, here's hoping Manson keeps him on awhile and doesn't alienate the man. If it's just a more sober Manson to credit for this project's middling success, as several have suggested based on interview clips, then here's hoping he keeps his shit together. We Are Chaos might not be personally exciting to me, but it wouldn't be the worst way for Manson to ride out what's left of a career—I still think that fifteen album theory thrown around a while back might have some merit and, without long term lifestyle change, I doubt he's the kind of performer who'll still be kicking for a tour by 71.

As I did in the run-up to the album while looking at old LPs, here's how I'd stack these tracks, worst to best. For the first time in years, I'd almost say I wouldn't cut anything, but "Perfume" needs a new vocal take and, in my opinion, a whole new suite of lyrics (aside from the "get behind me, Satan"). As it is, I'd rather it had been left off the LP.

Perfume
    Red, Black, & Blue
    Infinite Darkness
    We Are Chaos
    Paint You With My Love

Broken Needle
    Don't Chase the Dead
    Solve Coagula
    Halfway & One Step Forward
    Keep My Head Together

All told, I think We Are Chaos finally settles somewhere around seventh best Manson effort for me. Yards better than Born Villain and Heaven Upside Down—the low point of Chaos is better than everything off of Heaven and all but the high point of Villain. And it's more solid in quality than the very patchy Grotesque and High End—though it doesn't have a peak as high as either album, it's also never as bad as either of those albums' troughs. Right below Pale Emperor for me. Not bad, 2020 Manson. Not bad.
    This might be the first time you and I nearly 100% see eye to eye with a Manson record.
    I too, must have dropped at least 20 spins on this and it's still very average. It's not bad, but it's just kind of... there.
    I agree with pretty much every single thing you said about this.

In fact, the more I listen, the worse some of these songs get. Some songs started to grow on me probably around spin 7-10, but then near spin 15 I was starting to get bored of them.

Well, next up Puscifer and then we'll end the year with the Pumpkins. There are a couple other records coming out for me, but nobody on this bored would even care about them.
    But I have a pretty decent fall lineup coming up for record releases. 6 new records to anticipate between now and end of year.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If its still possible, can anyone point me into the direction of the ultimate lossless spooky kids collection? I thought I had them on my external, but I dont.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't really see it... it's a John Lennon cover, and it doesn't really change the song much.
    The message of the song is on theme for the album. The style of acoustic parallels the at times country-pop sound of the album

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Already starting to see some people n this thread turn on this record a week after its release now that the sudden excitement of new music has worn off......I think this record is a masterpiece. Its the type of music he should be making at this age. Drop the gimmick and drop the Marilyn Manson makeup and get down to good songwriting and let the music speak for itself. The people who are hating on this record probably also hate THEOL....Another unheralded masterpiece

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Good lord. Relax. High End has a lot of fans here. And a fair number of people in this very thread have looked at it with open minds and close attention and found it to be uneven and in places straight-up bad or dull. Despite pretty much despising the bulk of that record, just two weeks ago I gave it another three hours of my life just to see if it had maybe grown on me over the years, or my tastes had changed, or if I'd missed something that would snap it into place. Nope.

We're not all Philistines who will some day "catch up" to your capacity for artistic insight because we don't agree with you about High End of Low or We Are Chaos.
    I just think its a travesty when an artist releases a brilliant piece of art and has a large portion of his fanbase shit all over it. What would have happened to NIN if the fanbase shit on The Fragile? I can only imagine the sheer devastation it was to Manson when he laid his heart and soul all over THEOL and a large part of his fanbase spit it back in his face because there was no derivative teenybopper mall rock anthems like 'Fight Song' or 'Mobscene'....It must have been a kick in the face to him which is why we ended up with drek like Born Villain because he was trying to satisfy all the people who hated THEOL and EMDM for that matter. One day the entire Manson fanbase will realize THEOL is to the Manson discography what 'Low' is to Bowie....

Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    yeah, well, the whole "if you conjure the devil you better make sure you got a bed for him to sleep in" is a lame chorus hook, and Perfume is probably my least favorite song on the album.

Even though the whole "Get behind me Satan" thing is pretty fucking cool/fun and the synth outro is some good times.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

That did happen. I don't know if you're around the same age as I am, or if you were there for the release of The Fragile. But the critics kinda hated it. Where it it cropped up in media, it seemed like it was more or less mocked. On a personal level, the other Nine Inch Nails fans I knew thought it was pretentious garbage, too long, and not hard enough. If they couldn't get Spiral 2, Impossible Pain, or something on the level of Broken, they didn't want anything to do with it.
    I remember the backlash against The Fragile when it came out and people were complaining it didn't sound like TDS and it got swallowed whole by the Korns and Limp Bizkits on the Billboard charts and totally ignored by MTV. But within a few years that album had gained acceptance and acclaim within the NIN fanbase. By 05, people were complaining With Teeth didn't sound like The Fragile...Within 5 years The Fragile went from hated to beloved.....THEOL came out 11 years ago and is still frowned upon. if the tide hasn't turned by now.....It ain't turning