Page 59 of 135 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Ironic that Trents statements about Gene Simmons a few years ago ended up being a self fulfulling prophecy for Manson....A guy still getting dressed up in clown makeup to entertain the kiddies. An old clown...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    That "Helter Skelter" cover was so disappointing, so overproduced and bland, both Manson and Zombie have become boring douchebags.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Spot on. I honestly think his best recourse is to get clean & sober and rediscover/remember WHY he's doing what he's doing. He clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore and hasn't for quite some time, which is not only a shame, it's embarrassing and just plain sad. It's like he views the concerts as nothing more than some minor event that he has to endure until he can get back to drinking, drugs, and whatever party is happening backstage. It would be a nice surprise to see him reevaluate his life, make some changes, and have an unexpected career renaissance with a reinvigorated sense of purpose and recapture some of his onstage intensity and presence, rather than lumbering around, out of breath and rambling on drunkenly while the band tries desperately to hold the song together behind him. BUT, he'll probably just continue on his present course toward irrelevancy, obscurity, and potentially (but hopefully not) his own tragic demise.
    I have had the same thoughts. I'm genuinely concerned he's going to drink himself to an early death. He never seemed to be a heavy drinker early in his career (although that and the drugs were always present) but he seems perpetually drunk now.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    I wasn’t expecting much, but I actually dig the hell out of that cover, and it looks like they’ll be playing it together on this tour:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/mu...kelter-697396/
    Yep, they debuted it last night in Detroit.

Seeing Manson on stage in 2018 with John 5 and Ginger Fish is weird.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-12-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Man, it's crazy to watch some of these older videos. I forgot how exceptional he really was as a performer. Here's another old show I like to re-watch sometimes.

The last time I personally saw him live was during the Grotesk Burlesk Tour and that's when I started to see a decline in performances. While I appreciated what he was trying to do stylistically during that era, I just didn't feel like it was executed well (barring the title track on GAOG, which was killer).

I think shortly after GAOG (or maybe it was EMDM?) was about the time that MMUSA was shut down as well, and once I no longer had a platform for tight friendships with other fans online, I lost interest more quickly. Not that there weren't problems on MMUSA, but part of why I was so faithfully purchasing MM albums and going to shows up until that point was because I was on that damn board talking about his music with other fans for hours every day.
    yeah, shit, I saw them about one month after this.
    I've never been like a HUGE fan, but they were doing something VITAL and he had this incredible energy.
    Remembering this actually makes me sad.
    And that shit doesn't HAVE to completely disappear with age. It's a shame.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    And that shit doesn't HAVE to completely disappear with age. It's a shame.
    "Funny joke, mate!"

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Wait wait wait. @Harry Seaward , either im misunderstanding you or we have different opinions about bowie.

Bowie continued making vital music till he died.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Wait wait wait. @Harry Seaward , either im misunderstanding you or we have different opinions about bowie.

Bowie continued making vital music till he died.
    I think that was the point and @Harry Seaward is using Bowie as a prime example. Trent is another.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think that was the point and @Harry Seaward is using Bowie as a prime example. Trent is another.
    Ahhh. I get it now.
    Bowie is a great example.
    MM should have planned for what he was going to be like at 50.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I just bought a ticket to see Manson tomorrow.

It was $122 for a third row seat.

Why do I do this to myself.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I just bought a ticket to see Manson tomorrow.

It was $122 for a third row seat.

Why do I do this to myself.
    the fuck is wrong with you?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    the fuck is wrong with you?
    I make terrible life decisions, obviously.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Bowie also went through a 10-12 year stretch where he was dropping shitbomb after shitbomb (1982-1994) Tin fucking Machine anyone? Never Let Me Down? Imagine if Trent went 10 years of doing songs that sound like 'Everything' over and over

As for Manson, I am tempted to go see him because I like watching trainwrecks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I feel like the lyrics to Dope Hat have become a self-fulfilling prophecy for MM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Bowie also went through a 10-12 year stretch where he was dropping shitbomb after shitbomb (1982-1994) Tin fucking Machine anyone? Never Let Me Down? Imagine if Trent went 10 years of doing songs that sound like 'Everything' over and over

Actually, that dark period in Bowie's career was really '84 to '87 if you don't count "Absolute Beginners", "Loving the Alien", "Blue Jean", the stuff from Labyrinth, and "This is Not America". Plus, there are some good songs in Never Let Me Down once you get past the dated production. Plus, I like Tin Machine.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post

Holy Jesus dude: you're calling Let's Dance a shitbomb? And Tin Machine, and Black Tie White Noise,and absolute beginners? Hell, even Tonight had a decent song or two.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Holy Jesus dude: you're calling Let's Dance a shitbomb? And Tin Machine, and Black Tie White Noise,and absolute beginners? Hell, even Tonight had a decent song or two.
    Lets Dance had a few decent songs but it was kind of a sell out record.....Then again, everyone who was original in the late 70s early 80s got into that Miami Vice dated mid 80s stadium rock/pop style for a few years (Bowie/Killing Joke/Peter Murphy, PiL).....I can salvage Lets Dance but man...Tin Machine...yikes....

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    You Belong In Rock And Roll was enough reason to own a copy of Tin Machine II.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Billpil...uhh.. @Helpmeiaminhell I mean...
    Did you ever hear this one?

Also: I always thought of tin machine as more of bowie's answer to grunge (except for this song: I would bet my bottom dollar it started out as a regular bowie song.)

I never saw let's dance as a "sell out" thing though, I mean, no more than like Young Americans.
    I saw it as bowie purposely genre hopping as, idk, an Andy Warhol type statement.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-13-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    also, Tin Machine has some great songs... I Can't Read is great, though I prefer the solo Bowie remake.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    2018 Marilyn Manson sucks so bad it’s got people defending fucking Tin Machine to avoid talking about him

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    2018 Marilyn Manson sucks so bad it’s got people defending fucking Tin Machine to avoid talking about him
    Please keep the Marilyn Manson discussion out of the Bowie thread.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Please keep the Marilyn Manson discussion out of the Bowie thread.

whahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So I’m here at manson in stl

please don’t suck please don’t suck please don’t suck (it’s gonna suck)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It's totally gonna suck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I’m here at manson in stl

please don’t suck please don’t suck please don’t suck (it’s gonna suck)
    Tonight is only the second time I missed a STL Manson show since like 2000 the other one being the first twins tour. Caught the Springfield and KC shows back in January and the were good, got Reflecting God, Lunch Box and The Nobodies. My brother in law was at the Detroit show on the 11th and he said he was kinda let down, I had tickets for tonight's but sold them for the wife's sake since I went to Vegas and going to Memphis for NIN. Manson show just are not what they once were.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's totally gonna suck
    You’re not gonna believe this. One of the best performances of his I have ever personally witnessed. My first show was the ROTW tour so that’s my baseline, but a completely respectable performance and I don’t regret coming at all.

Also I ran into Haz and he was as lovely as always.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    You’re not gonna believe this. One of the best performances of his I have ever personally witnessed. My first show was the ROTW tour so that’s my baseline, but a completely respectable performance and I don’t regret coming at all.

Also I ran into Haz and he was as lovely as always.
    [img]http://goo.gl/images/gyNW4T[/img]

EDIT: fuck Apple
    Last edited by Krazy; 07-14-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm set to see him and Zombie in Cuyahoga Falls on Tuesday, kinda last minute but, we'll see how it goes.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    You’re not gonna believe this.
    This is a very correct sentence