Page 48 of 135 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    Fuck it, I'll say it...it is NOT OK to not be a Bowie fan, here, there, or anywhere. You've wasted your life.
    Maybe his music should become part of the standardized curriculum in all our schools.

"Alright class, today we're going to begin our unit on the Berlin trilogy."

EDIT: aw hell, this was my 999th post and I spent it making a dumbass joke in a marliyn manson thread. why.
    Last edited by Mantra; 12-16-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Only thing wasting my time is reading this stupid post. It's fine to not like Bowie, but that doesn't mean you've gotta be a dick about it.
    Good, you deserve to have your time wasted. All non-Bowie fans should be torn asunder by wild boars in the street. And banned from ETS

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Probably his best cover in a long time, since Holy Wood days if I'm honest.

This isn't news or something that hasn't been talked or shown prior but don't recall the entire thing posted in studio format.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNINtendo Chalmers View Post
    Good, you deserve to have your time wasted. All non-Bowie fans should be torn asunder by wild boars in the street. And banned from ETS
    It's ok not to like things

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I truly prefer Holy Wood, myself, of those three. Consistently good hooks, clever lyrics, and hot guitar licks, all the way through.
    Funny you should say that. I think it'd been about 6-7 years since I'd listened to even a single song from that, so I put on the album while I was cooking the other day and ended up listening to the whole thing start to finish. Two things that struck me: I still remembered almost all of the lyrics, and I still actually kind of like the album. Probably going to put it on again in the next few days actually; may even just make it my running album.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Funny you should say that. I think it'd been about 6-7 years since I'd listened to even a single song from that, so I put on the album while I was cooking the other day and ended up listening to the whole thing start to finish. Two things that struck me: I still remembered almost all of the lyrics, and I still actually kind of like the album. Probably going to put it on again in the next few days actually; may even just make it my running album.

God I still remember when that album first came out. I was like...4 or 5? I remember watching the video for The Fight Song a lot...i really liked it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Wow, this is the most coherent interview I have seen him do in years. I wish he would lose the rings though, it was annoying hearing them cling/clang into one another while he was talking.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Is it me or did his voice just get deeper

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ok after a few months to digest it, I really do love Heaven Upside Down except for We Know Where You Fucking Live which is just meh to me and Jesus Crisis which I just actively dislike.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So I finally checked this out and....

Not bad at all. Some cringe worthy moments as with every outing since HW, but not too bad. I was surprised at how much of it I liked. The music though, guitars, drums, keys were really really good. It's the Manson side of it that is hit or miss. Tattooed in reverse would be so much better if lyrics were different and delivered differently. Say10 as well. Blood honey is best of the bunch. Jesus crisis, while the lyrics are ridiculous, I love the formatting, the way it changes towards the end. The whole JE-SUS CRI-SIS part I figured everyone would love. While it's a goofy mantra, the music and delivery in that part is very classic Manson in my opinion. But it wasn't a bad album at all. Glad I finally gave it a chance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Blood honey is best of the bunch.

Jesus crisis, while the lyrics are ridiculous, I love the formatting, the way it changes towards the end. The whole JE-SUS CRI-SIS part I figured everyone would love. While it's a goofy mantra, the music and delivery in that part is very classic Manson in my opinion. But it wasn't a bad album at all. Glad I finally gave it a chance.
    100% agreed, as the album has had more time to sink in it's become evident this may be his most powerful track since anything off GAOG or Holywood. If only he could capture/recreate that mood for an entire LP.

I loathed JC the first few times, but you are spot on...drop the AWFUL lyrics and the structure of that song is really solid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

this was a pretty damn good performance IMO. Manson's vocals are so much better when he's standing still instead of stumbling around like a fool

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    God I still remember when that album first came out. I was like...4 or 5? I remember watching the video for The Fight Song a lot...i really liked it.
    ....and I now feel old... haha.. I was in my early 20s during the Holy Wood era. Those were some killer shows. Gonna go buy some Depends and Fixadent now...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was 15/16 during the Holy Wood era so Manson was my world. I can't imagine watching any of his videos as a toddler lol. I have a 4 year old and I definitely don't want her watching that stuff.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    ....and I now feel old... haha.. I was in my early 20s during the Holy Wood era. Those were some killer shows. Gonna go buy some Depends and Fixadent now...
    You and me both. I was 16 when ACSS came out and remember my parents not allowing me to go to any of the shows on that tour or the MA tour. It wasn't until the Grand Olympic Auditorium show in Los Angeles in 2001 that I finally had a chance to see the band live. After that, I've gone to almost all of the tours....we're getting old, man.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    You and me both. I was 16 when ACSS came out and remember my parents not allowing me to go to any of the shows on that tour or the MA tour. It wasn't until the Grand Olympic Auditorium show in Los Angeles in 2001 that I finally had a chance to see the band live. After that, I've gone to almost all of the tours....we're getting old, man.
    It wasn't until the Holy Wood tour in 2000 I got to see them. I was 17 at the time, still in high school, I was somehow allowed to miss school and travel to Toronto to see the show.

Before that, in 1997, I remember we drove passed the theatre that Manson was playing at for the ACSS show when I was 14. We saw all the goth kids lined up to get in, and my grandmother jokingly asked "Did you want to go to that show" and I made some remark like "nooo" in a disgusted/frightened way. fast forward a year later, It was summer 1998 and I was now a fan and eagerly anticipating the release of Mechanical Animals. Damn, wish I had my act together a year before I knew what good music was back then, that would have been a show to see!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Actually, despite me being young when he was around, Ive seen a lot of his videos. I remember watching Sweet Dreams a lot when I was the same age, and it never really freaked me out....which kinda says a lot now, considering how dark my mind is now. My knowledge of Manson in 2000 was only a few songs....I remember Sweet Dreams, The Beautiful People and The Fight Song....I do also remember hearing This Is The New Shit on the radio when that came out later and I very much remember when Less We Forget came out and Personal Jesus was playing a bunch.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The first time I was exposed to Manson (without seeking him out as a would-be fan) I was 7 or 8 years old and at the local mall's CD store they had displays up and out. Right by the door there was a giant cardboard album display and life size cutout of Manson as Omega from the Mechanical Animals album. Judging by my memory and times aligning, must've been September or October of 1998. I didn't think much of it honestly, more or less was indifferent to what I seen haha! I post this often but it's still so cool:

Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-23-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Kill4me is so good. Bates kills that dancy/bluesy vibe.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Does anyone know the story behind Long Hard Road Out of Hell? (the song)

All I can find is that it started as a B side from ACSS.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

I remembered it was meant to be this collaboration with Sneaker Pimps for the Spawn soundtrack but there was tension as the only thing from Kelli Dayton was her backing vocals in the song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I remembered it was meant to be this collaboration with Sneaker Pimps for the Spawn soundtrack but there was tension as the only thing from Kelli Dayton was her backing vocals in the song.

Oh, man. Sneaker Pimps. I love this band so much, but am one of the fans who hates on Kelli Dayton. I was happy hearing they ditched her after the first album. She was the worst (especially the footage I've seen of her singing live) she didn't write any of the songs, and basically was only singing in the band because their label pushed them into it because that was the thing to do at the time.

I don't think anything came of the MM & SP collab but if you ask me it was a bad combination. It should have been Gary Numan & Marilyn Mason.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The first 45 seconds of 'Say10' are what I wish the rest of the song was like.

That is all.

Carry on.

As you were.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

Here is a clip summarizing the beef that ensued between the Manson camp and the Sneaker Pimps:

In terms of the song itself, I believe there are some mentions of its origins in Manson’s book.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsectGod View Post
    Oh, man. Sneaker Pimps. I love this band so much, but am one of the fans who hates on Kelli Dayton. I was happy hearing they ditched her after the first album. She was the worst (especially the footage I've seen of her singing live) she didn't write any of the songs, and basically was only singing in the band because their label pushed them into it because that was the thing to do at the time.

I don't think anything came of the MM & SP collab but if you ask me it was a bad combination. It should have been Gary Numan & Marilyn Mason.
    Splinter really is a fantastic album, as is most of everything Chris Corner has done as his IAMX moniker. It's too bad that 'collaboration' ended up in hard feelings; I love that song very much but it does very much sound 100% like a Manson song.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    New comment from Manson about letting Twiggy go, kinda states what we all already knew: the musical relationship between the two hasn't been that good for quite a few years. In other words, Tyler Bates and Manson have been writing all the new music and performing on the records. Twiggy hasn't participated in years (again, we all know this because we are all dorks who read the credits in album notes). So, not at all surprising. He goes on to be cryptic about negative energy and stuff, but whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Today is Manson's birthday. He turns 49 today. Happy birthday.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    New comment from Manson about letting Twiggy go, kinda states what we all already knew: the musical relationship between the two hasn't been that good for quite a few years. In other words, Tyler Bates and Manson have been writing all the new music and performing on the records. Twiggy hasn't participated in years (again, we all know this because we are all dorks who read the credits in album notes). So, not at all surprising. He goes on to be cryptic about negative energy and stuff, but whatever.
    Source? I'm not doubting you, I'd like to read the whole statement/comment/whatever. it sounds like a mildly interesting read.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Source? I'm not doubting you, I'd like to read the whole statement/comment/whatever. it sounds like a mildly interesting read.
    I saw the article floating around one of the music news sites as well. I don't remember which one, but it was very brief.