Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2082

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Ok, as somebody relatively new to EtS, is the Haz being referenced in this thread the same Hazekiah that has existed on basically every Manson board for the last like, 20 years? I remember that name from the official BBS and the 'phant/MMUSA.
    Indeed it is. He was also VERY PRESENT in the Transformers and Star Wars threads, but mostly MM and Transformers.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    ^^^ lulz

\m/

O_O

Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Yes, he's the guy who writes essays about how deep the "look the Transformers has balls!" moment in Transformers 2 was, and also, sits around dumpster diving for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Tickets.

Oh yeah, and he also follows around Marilyn Manson tours.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yes, he's the guy who writes essays about how deep the "look the Transformers has balls!" moment in Transformers 2 was, and also, sits around dumpster diving for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Tickets.

Oh yeah, and he also follows around Marilyn Manson tours.
    Certainly ban-worthy offenses if I ever saw 'em!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Some asshole was doing coke off of a credit card next to us at NIN in Berlin. Meanwhile there was a family of four right behind of us...two kids aged around 9-11. What a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    1 - Manson's decline has been a huge bummer and it's sad to see someone that had such an impact on you growing up self-destruct.
    2 - Haz was bullied, defended himself, and got booted unfairly. Such is life.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yes. He got banned here I think a couple years ago, a bit unjustly IMHO but he did go off the rails that day.
    He was usually pretty friendly to me back in the day. I knew circles overlapped from those boards to this one and the Spiral, but since I didn't participate in any NIN boards at the time I didn't make the connection that it was the same guy until just now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Some of the posts earlier in the thread made me think a little more about Manson's career trajectory as he ages. If you look at his contemporaries who are still well-respected, the common denominator is that they are gifted musicians first. That's a skill that only gets better as you age in many respects, and allows you to transition into different areas if you are no longer interested in touring (composing, scoring, producing, mentoring younger artists etc)

Manson's gifting always seemed to be primarily as a performer and a vocalist. Watching older shows of his just cemented that idea in my head: the guy had incredible charisma on-stage, and a solid rock voice. But those aren't skills that most people can maintain as they age. You get older, your voice wears out from all the screaming. That's just a part of life. Then you add in the drugs and the interpersonal problems (alienating people who could help you grow as a musician and writer) and well...I'm not surprised it went this route.

But honestly? He could have still found a path that worked for him. He was legitimately a good writer: not even just lyrically. That article he wrote for Rolling Stone after Columbine? That shit was good. A friend of mine is a teacher in high school, and she uses that article as a part of her curriculum every year. Even my non-fan friends loved that article. At one point in time, he gave awesome interviews that people who didn't even like him gave him grudging respect for. That interview he did with Bill O'Reilly gets upvoted to the top of Reddit like three times a year. Dude could have had a serious cash flow blogging about music, culture, and art.

I'm even thinking about Ozzy, and how his career changed as he got older. Yeah, he kind of became known as a doofus after a while. But his reality show was entertaining, and Ozzfest was a real success. He's likeable and the public still pays him good money for just about anything. Manson could have gone that route and made music when he actually felt inspired to do so rather than cranking out stuff that isn't up to the standard he previously held.

Anyway, obviously I'm just talking out of my ass here because I'm not a musician and don't have a firm grasp on this stuff. Just thinking about how things could have been different for him. I'm just a longtime fan that feels bad that it turned out this way. Not ALL of his new stuff is bad, it just lacks the magic for me.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    This post just made me realize that I had a dream about trying to.figure out how to snort some cocaine I had, and I haven't snorted coke in about ten years and never did it regularly.

Good god. Cocaine's a Hell of a drug.
    @eachpassingphase I think you're really onto something regarding the musicianship aspect.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-20-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    He was usually pretty friendly to me back in the day. I knew circles overlapped from those boards to this one and the Spiral, but since I didn't participate in any NIN boards at the time I didn't make the connection that it was the same guy until just now.
    Hazekiah is the ultimate example of someone who demonstrates that "being a super nice friendly guy" isn't even half the battle.

That guy was awwwwwwwwwful.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Ok, as somebody relatively new to EtS, is the Haz being referenced in this thread the same Hazekiah that has existed on basically every Manson board for the last like, 20 years? I remember that name from the official BBS and the 'phant/MMUSA.
    Yes. He got banned here I think a couple years ago, a bit unjustly IMHO but he did go off the rails that day.
    he made repeated references to fucking someone's underage daughter. i don't think that was an unjust banning, dude.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    he made repeated references to fucking someone's underage daughter. i don't think that was an unjust banning, dude.
    I must’ve missed that one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    he made repeated references to fucking someone's underage daughter. I don't think that was an unjust banning, dude.
    y i k e s

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    I must’ve missed that one.
    yeah, like...people have tried to defend him and every time, i bring this up. there are jokes, there are jokes that go too far, and then there's just being a fucking creep. he crossed that line more than once. i don't care how "nice" of a guy he is in real life. on here, he was disruptive, irritating, and disgusting.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Haz was the first and still one of only 2 people i have ever set to Ignore on this board because i could not stand his huge walls of inane "wut" speak all the time. The other is, for obvious reasons, BlacklightGiveMeAttention.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This thread inches closer to being permanently shut down every time Hazekiah's name is brought up.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    This thread inches closer to being permanently shut down every time Hazekiah's name is brought up.
    Why? Can we set up a GoFundMe to cover the server space that this gigantic, busy thread must take up and in response we can be allowed to have civil conversations about things currently not permitted?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Why? Can we set up a GoFundMe to cover the server space that this gigantic, busy thread must take up and in response we can be allowed to have civil conversations about things currently not permitted?
    lol

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    lol
    Obviously that was sarcastic and I really don't give a shit about Hazekiah being banned, but there was sort of a genuine question in there, namely why things like this are a big deal if people otherwise aren't slinging shit and flipping out.

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    That was my fault, sorry dude. I thought about posting my selfie but didn't.

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That was my fault, sorry dude. I thought about posting my selfie but didn't.
    please don't*.

on topic, i finally sold my copy of The Pale Emperor (though it took me two fucking weeks to get to the post office and actually ship it) which means i am rid of my MM vinyl collection. do i miss the music? yeah, i sure do. but i'm not going to enjoy art at the expense of victims of abuse & assault.

*you're a cutie, i don't wanna see his face

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    anybody know where to find the presale code for the new show that was announced, i used to be a fan but havent really liked any of his latest stuff -- but my wife still likes him and so i want to try to get really good seats to the halloween show in orlando (maybe one of the balcony tables or barstools at the hard rock), it says presale starts tomorrow and i have no idea where to find the presale code for that.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    I’m not sure that there even is a presale code or if it’s going to be a small amount of tickets listed all at once or what, there’s no details on the event pages for it. I am a sucker and will be going to the Halloween show because I don’t know how to not hurt myself

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah I can't find any info on it at all, usually you can at least find out that oh you need to have a chase credit card or be in the fan club or something. I'll be going anyway, was just hoping to grab those early tickets so my old man ass could sit down.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    The Halloween show is already a mess, nobody I know got a presale code so nobody could even attempt to get tickets. I’m kind of amazed, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a band just ... not give out presale codes at all to anyone. I wouldn’t be worried but Florida is a big draw for him and the venue is pretty small.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    oh you know a 4th thread will spring up eventually

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So, i was at the show last night in Cuyahoga Falls. Here are some thoughts.

The sound for all three bands was rough. Whoever the sound guy was, he sucks. Absolutely fucking sucks. Deadly Apples had really good songs, and it was disappointing that the mix was so bad, because it stifled them. But they're a band that wasn't on my radar before, and they are now, so that's a plus.

Manson was... hm. Well, i think he was relatively at his peak, which is to say that it wasn't a total disaster, and i think that's the best anyone could ask for. He just sounded so tired throughout the show, barely able to keep up. But it seemed like he was at least trying to put the effort in, and he was enjoying himself. There was a lot of banter about it being Ohio. "You made me!" he said at one point. The only song that was just flat out bad was Dope Show. Like... i can't even describe how off-key and breathless he was. Closed with Beautiful People which was actually excellent, and encored with Cry Little Lister, which was mediocre. On a side note, the band is 100% top notch. Super tight, hit everything perfectly.

Rob Zombie had a ton of energy, and hit most of his notes, but his age is showing in that he cuts off the end of a lot of lyrics. He sounded out of breath as well a few times but he made up for it with stage antics, and i think he does that on purpose because it sounded like he was anticipating when his breathing would get shallow. A lot of crowd banter, John 5 played a solo with his teeth, all around solid set. Towards the end he did the bit from Stepbrothers (Zombie: Did we just become best friends? Manson from offstage: Yes, we did!) and they performed Helter Skelter, which was excellent. Manson hit most of his notes. He didn't really go anywhere near John or Ginger though, stuck pretty close to Rob's nuts, so, i felt like there was still some awkwardness with his old band mates. Hard to say.

In closing, i'd say that it was on the upper swing of shows i've seen. Not in the top tier, for sure, but enjoyable. I don't think i'll ever get a better Manson show than that though, which kind of makes me sad, but, oh well. Merch was expensive, we just got one shirt each; a Manson tour shirt for me and a Zombie tour shirt for her.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Have been tossing around the idea of checking out this show when it comes to NY next month, and was seeing tix for super cheap on StubHub. Today I saw they had tickets for free as part of that TM lawsuit, so I jumped on them. Even if he's a drunken mess, at least I didn't spend any money.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    In closing, i'd say that it was on the upper swing of shows i've seen. Not in the top tier, for sure, but enjoyable. I don't think i'll ever get a better Manson show than that though, which kind of makes me sad, but, oh well.
    At least the show happened, I was at Rock USA and due to lightning, Manson and Zombie dint play on the 13th.

It started downpouring during Underoath, so they cleared the grounds and we waited in our car for 2 hours. They eventually reopened the festival grounds, and announced the remaining bands would play but withe shorter sets. Only Seether and All That Remains got to play before the storm moved back in and they canceled the entire thing.

Then we started reading on social media that the weather had passed before we even got back to the hotel! BULLSHIT it wasnt even 11pm yet.

They had a show to play the next night, maybe they wouldn't have time to get the production moved if they played till 2am. IDK what it was like in GA, but I was in the VIP tent and everybody was ready to deal with the shitty weather to see the HEADLINERS. Personally, I was trying to come up with a way to tape their sets without my rig getting wet! But this was the second day of a 3 day festival and after 10 hours in the brutal July sun, I hadnt gone that far to give up at the end!

I went to Ozzfest in 01 at Apple River WI, and Manson canceled that show too, so im 1 for 3 at seeing him play festivals he is advertised to perform at lol

Anyways, the highlights for me were Devildriver on day 1, Attilla (no joke) on day 2, and The Black Dahlia Murder, Nothing More and STP on day 3. Still a great festival, but BULLSHIT the 2nd day headliners dint play. Especially when people were telling me that Slayer dint go on till 1230am last year due to rain , but dint cancel!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post

Rob Zombie had a ton of energy, and hit most of his notes, but his age is showing in that he cuts off the end of a lot of lyrics. He sounded out of breath as well a few times but he made up for it with stage antics, and i think he does that on purpose because it sounded like he was anticipating when his breathing would get shallow. A lot of crowd banter, John 5 played a solo with his teeth, all around solid set. Towards the end he did the bit from Stepbrothers (Zombie: Did we just become best friends? Manson from offstage: Yes, we did!) and they performed Helter Skelter, which was excellent. Manson hit most of his notes. He didn't really go anywhere near John or Ginger though, stuck pretty close to Rob's nuts, so, i felt like there was still some awkwardness with his old band mates. Hard to say.
    As a fan since White Zombie, he's always done that. :-/

Example, in Super Charger Heaven live he'd sing something like "hell hounds leap... cowardly kings... soul ...river ...sticks yeah."
    Last edited by OSPF; 07-18-2018 at 11:45 AM.