Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134
Results 3,991 to 3,997 of 3997

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Manson's best tracks are definitely his moodier ones. While enjoy the older ones that find him full of piss and vinegar, I always find myself going back to those where he's singing more.
    I feel like I've been an asshole in this thread, so... I agree.

I don't know anything about his stuff between Holy Wood and the new record but my favorite tracks are probably mostly the "ballads." Coma White, Broken Needle, Paint You With My Love...

The other stuff I like is mostly on Antichrist Superstar, and it's the pissed off stuff... Angel w/ Scabbed Wings, Reflecting God.. although, the moody ballad on that album is pretty weak really. Will say, the "when all of your wishes are granted many of your dreams will be destroyed" at the end of ACSS is probably the coolest moment he's made.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    All that I hear in my head while reading the last couple of pages:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My whole connection with Manson is I never gave a fuck about his image. I always hated the shock rock Hot Topic Alice Copper scare mommy and daddy mr antichrist god of fuck image. It was always cheesy to me from day 1. I never looked up to him in high school or saw him as some fucking leader like a portion of his fanbase did (i was too busy idolizing Mike Patton and Trent Reznor)...I just always dug the music and always thought his vocals were amazing. If it was up to me, I would have preferred he come out on stage dressing like Trent in a black t shirt, combat boots and army green cargo shorts and just played the music. I never got into the image. To this day I can barely tolerate POAAF because it comes off like GWAR or some 9th grade metal album (Dope Hat is sick af I admit). Thats why I always gravitate to the albums that cut away from the image and focus on actual songwriting and why I dug EMDM and THEOL since the day they were released because they left Mr Hot Topic behind for the most part. Pale Emperor was a total breath of fresh air after BV and We Are Chaos especially saved his career after the turd known as HUD. I want Manson to do an entire album of songs like 'Broken Needle' next. Dudes in his 50s. Put down the makeup forever and start writing songs as Brian Warner. The 'Gods Gonna Cut You Down' cover followed by WAC is an excellent start to this new era of his career. The Hot Topic part of his fanbase will be alienated but they can go to White Zombie and Korn shows instead to get their fix of 90s chain wallet metal

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    My whole connection with Manson is I never gave a fuck about his image. I always hated the shock rock Hot Topic Alice Copper scare mommy and daddy mr antichrist god of fuck image. It was always cheesy to me from day 1. I never looked up to him in high school or saw him as some fucking leader like a portion of his fanbase did (i was too busy idolizing Mike Patton and Trent Reznor)...I just always dug the music and always thought his vocals were amazing. If it was up to me, I would have preferred he come out on stage dressing like Trent in a black t shirt, combat boots and army green cargo shorts and just played the music. I never got into the image. To this day I can barely tolerate POAAF because it comes off like GWAR or some 9th grade metal album (Dope Hat is sick af I admit). Thats why I always gravitate to the albums that cut away from the image and focus on actual songwriting and why I dug EMDM and THEOL since the day they were released because they left Mr Hot Topic behind for the most part. Pale Emperor was a total breath of fresh air after BV and We Are Chaos especially saved his career after the turd known as HUD. I want Manson to do an entire album of songs like 'Broken Needle' next. Dudes in his 50s. Put down the makeup forever and start writing songs as Brian Warner. The 'Gods Gonna Cut You Down' cover followed by WAC is an excellent start to this new era of his career. The Hot Topic part of his fanbase will be alienated but they can go to White Zombie and Korn shows instead to get their fix of 90s chain wallet metal
    I did like the image throughout the period that I still consider to be his best work (Mainly the "triptych," but I'd probably throw GAOG in there, too. POAAF was a little cheesy image-wise), but otherwise, I agree with pretty much everything you said. I never really got into EMDM, but I don't hate it either. It's got a few good songs and (from what I remember of them) seemed to be better, or at least more memorable, than THEOL, BV, and HUD. In all honestly, WAC and TPE are the only Manson albums since GAOG that I've enjoyed enough to really listen to more than a couple of times.

After digesting WAC for a few weeks, I think this is how I'd rank everything:
    MA
    ACSS
    HW
    WAC
    POAAF
    TPE
    GAOG
    EMDM
    THEOL
    HUD
    BV

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I quite like the music that Twiggy and Vrenna came up with for Born Villain, if only Manson provided better lyrics it could've been a return to form.
    Especially since the follow-up for that album was The Pale Emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WAC is a really dope album. Listened to it quite a bit over the last 2 weeks, it’s an instant classic for sure. I really love the entire thing, no skippers here. Bravo MM & Shooter Jennings! Anyone not familiar with Jennings non-country albums should check out Black Ribbons, Countach (for Georgio), & Fenixon, the latter being recorded in the mid 90’s with his father & is heavily influenced by NIN.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Weird Marilyn Manson question...

Is there any documented fandom/inspiration from Manson towards Edgar Winter? I as because I'm typing up the lyrics to "One day tomorrow" from the Jasmine Nightdreams (1975) album and this just popped out at me...

"One day tomorrow
    Nothing will be left to destroy.
    When both our dreams
    at last come true"

and Edgar Winter's song publishing arm at the time was Hierophant Inc.

Now, of course, it's connecting some far flung dots but it was worth asking...