Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135
Results 4,021 to 4,043 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the US news media is US-focused? the hell you say.

little bit of snark but also, duh?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Ironic this discussion is on the Manson thread. Goes to show how silly the US media was in the mid 90s when they tried to paint Manson as the devil....I guess they weren't keen to what was happening over in Norway. Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor and other bands in that scene made Manson look like the fuckin care bears
    Not to go off on a tangent but it really is funny what gets coverage and what doesn't. I went to a Ghost show in 2018 and was met with religious protestors outside talking about how you need to repent, it's sinful, etc. Meanwhile when I seen Watain earlier that year not a single peep was seen or heard around the venue. Watain are infinitely more satanic, devious and questionable of a band than Ghost is.

I guess christian groups and churches just go with that's household names or popular? Haha.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Not to go off on a tangent but it really is funny what gets coverage and what doesn't. I went to a Ghost show in 2018 and was met with religious protestors outside talking about how you need to repent, it's sinful, etc. Meanwhile when I seen Watain earlier that year not a single peep was seen or heard around the venue. Watain are infinitely more satanic, devious and questionable of a band than Ghost is.

I guess christian groups and churches just go with that's household names or popular? Haha.
    ya hate what ya know, i guess?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ironic this discussion is on the Manson thread. Goes to show how silly the US media was in the mid 90s when they tried to paint Manson as the devil....I guess they weren't keen to what was happening over in Norway. Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor and other bands in that scene made Manson look like the fuckin care bears
    They definitely were keen but I believe it was easier to US media care more about the half naked guy that was promoted by a major record label, MTV and touring constantly on the country dragging a lot of teenagers to see him cutting himself and burn a bible on the stage in theaters and arenas than some underground bands killing each other and burning churches on the other side of the world.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Somebody should have stopped me from necrobumping this thread, but I'm doing it I guess.
    I just threw on We Are Chaos on a good system, and holy shit. This album fucking slays.

Just saying. You're wrong if you disagree. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I think the cards are finally going to start falling in regards to mansons career.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...nson-to-answer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What career?

I'm being sarcastic but clearly the media is running out of careers to #cancel in this witch hunt. Manson hasn't really been that relevant for almost two decades now.

Even if We Are Chaos is his best work since i was in high school (which I'm still not sold on but I trust what some of you guys say, I just haven't really listened to it closely enough yet) it's still not making a big cultural impact.

The only people who still care are Manson, his people, his fans (most of whom are still just hanging on to the glory days, hoping we'll get one last glimpse of the Brian Warner that was before he dies of an overdose) and the people looking for stars to crucify.

And maybe he is guilty, but are we surprised? Are we really surprised the guy who sang Sweet Dreams into a microphone firmly wedged between a woman's legs is capable of such things? And that's a mild example for a guy like him.

I'm not defending Manson here, just like Bill Burr wasn't defending the Duck Dynasty guy in that bit that goes something along the lines of "what did you think that he thought?", but the outrage over shit like this is just phony. Louder doesn't give a fuck about Evan Rachel Wood or Manson in this article. They just want your attention.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I think the cards are finally going to start falling in regards to mansons career.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...nson-to-answer
    Damn. This is the first time that I can think of that a journalist has asked him about the allegations. Random people online have brought it up, but I don’t think anyone has ever tried to start the convo in an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I forgot that ERW was dating Mickey Rourke around the same time. And based on Mickey's past and all the stories about him smacking other ex girlfriends around, maybe ol Mick was the one ERW was talking about all along?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I forgot that ERW was dating Mickey Rourke around the same time. And based on Mickey's past and all the stories about him smacking other ex girlfriends around, maybe ol Mick was the one ERW was talking about all along?
    Somebody asked ERW about Mickey directly on Twitter once, and she specifically said it wasn’t him.

Which sadly, narrows it down :/

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Somebody asked ERW about Mickey directly on Twitter once, and she specifically said it wasn’t him.

Which sadly, narrows it down :/

Imagine telling someone this guy would be smacking models around back in the day.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

You know, the 14 year old me would have been shocked, but the 34 year old me is actually not.

I can look back now at some of the stuff he said about himself in interviews/his book, as well as things former peers have said about him and see that even back then that the building blocks for a very unhealthy man have always been in place. Fame and drugs probably didn’t help, but addiction doesn’t turn “good” people into “bad” people - it just exposes character flaws that were already present. He’s publicly made himself out to look narcissistic, controlling and manipulative multiple times through little stories here and there.

That in and of itself is sort of a manipulation, and I’m seeing it run rampant in the Manson subreddit and it’s pissing me off. “Look at how honest he is about his shortcomings. He’s made a career admitting he’s no angel. An abuser would never do that.” I had to unsubscribe because I was was driving myself nuts reading it every day.

That being said - until she definitively states that the man she’s accusing is Manson (or someone else), there’s not much else that can be said about it. I love his music, I’m grateful for the years I clung to his art. But I can’t sit back and pretend like he’s actually a misunderstood sweetheart. The guy is not a good person. Doesn’t mean he’s guilty, but it sure doesn’t look good.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 11-11-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quite frankly, until he is directly accused and subsequently found guilty in a court of law I am quite happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. A quick look online reveals that many people are willing to hang, draw and quarter the man based on speculation and rumours. Now if he is guilty of everything that ERW has stated about him then fine - I will be the first to condemn him. Until then, I will play no part in what is essentially a hysterical witch hunt with no hard evidence to back it up, much less a direct accusation.

As for Metal Hammer - well, they were simply on the hunt for a piece of muck raking journalism. A tawdry attempt to flog a few more copies of their rag, using a subject that they claim to be ohhh so appalled by. What a way to claim a moral high ground! Oh well, here's you Woke medal MH. Now fuck off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think there must be a reason she doesn't just come out and say its him. Maybe she's exaggerated the details and wants to live the abuse survivor narrative more than saving other girls from him.

If you look at her social media, it's basically all she talks about - obsessive almost. I'm not sure she's all too healthy herself. She may just enjoy the attention she gets from being an 'abuse survivor' and doesn't really want the 'truth' to come out because it will take away from what she's doing. It's strange how other people have named their abuser except for her. She also has been to a psychiatric hospital and had attempted suicide according to her own testimony. Something doesn't seem right about this whole thing. She consistently dated men twice her age.

Not sticking up for Manson here, I have no doubt he treated her like shit... But she stayed. She furthered her career. She probably is in regret and denial.
    Last edited by voidnz; 11-12-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    I think there must be a reason she doesn't just come out and say its him. Maybe she's exaggerated the details and wants to live the abuse survivor narrative more than saving other girls from him.

If you look at her social media, it's basically all she talks about - obsessive almost. I'm not sure she's all too healthy herself. She may just enjoy the attention she gets from being an 'abuse survivor' and doesn't really want the 'truth' to come out because it will take away from what she's doing. It's strange how other people have named their abuser except for her. She also has been to a psychiatric hospital and had attempted suicide according to her own testimony. Something doesn't seem right about this whole thing. She consistently dated men twice her age.

Not sticking up for Manson here, I have no doubt he treated her like shit... But she stayed. She furthered her career. She probably is in regret and denial.
    EDIT yeah probably shouldn't go on a rant about stuff on a very specific instance
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-12-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you look at her social media, it's basically all she talks about - obsessive almost. I'm not sure she's all too healthy herself. She may just enjoy the attention she gets from being an 'abuse survivor' and doesn't really want the 'truth' to come out because it will take away from what she's doing.
    Victim is chic....

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah, fuck those abused bitches...

C'mon, people. Stop.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 11-12-2020 at 07:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Yeah, fuck those abused bitches...

C'mon, people. Stop.
    Nobody is saying that though, are they? And stop what exactly- insisting on facts and concrete allegations?

I think everyone is of the opinion that if Manson has indeed abused her, then fuck him. But simply hinting that someone has abused you does not make it so. And in fact it waters down the message when you constantly dangle a carrot in this manner and leave it open to speculation. Name and shame him and drag his ass to court or stop attention seeking by dropping hints. This is not some cheap soap opera, it is a man's name.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Jesus fucking christ this devolved into /r/incels

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Is Manson subreddit leaking into here? Holy shit.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfilian View Post
    Nobody is saying that though, are they? And stop what exactly- insisting on facts and concrete allegations?

I think everyone is of the opinion that if Manson has indeed abused her, then fuck him. But simply hinting that someone has abused you does not make it so. And in fact it waters down the message when you constantly dangle a carrot in this manner and leave it open to speculation. Name and shame him and drag his ass to court or stop attention seeking by dropping hints. This is not some cheap soap opera, it is a man's name.
    She explained why she doesn't feel comfortable naming him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

or maybe it's because abuse/assault can literally ruin your life. it can become the only thing you can think about. and when you're in the public eye, that can be even further exacerbated.

i was assaulted 18 years ago and i still think about it EVERY SINGLE DAY because it is one of the most horrible things that's ever happened to me. i attempted suicide a couple years after that because i had become convinced that i was completely unlovable; that i was simply an object to be used.

and then i survived an abusive relationship that lasted 4+ years, and haven't seen that woman in almost 9 years, but i still think about her EVERY SINGLE DAY because it fucked me up so badly. i'm still working to dismantle all of the things that these experiences built inside of me.

you're making a LOT of assumptions and accusations based on your own skewed perception of the situation, and you're engaging in classic victim-blaming behavior. please, please stop, because all you're doing is helping contribute to a culture that makes survivors afraid to come forward, and emboldens rapists & abusers to continue treating other people as objects to be taken and used.

i'm not swearing at you, i'm not calling you names, i am very calmly asking you to stop, think about what you're doing (and why), and figure out a better use of your time than dragging a woman who has already been through so much shit.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

Victim is chic....
    go fuck yourself

spoken like a true white male.